Friday the 13th Collection

Friday the 13th Collection

RRP: £94.69
Price: £47.345
£47.345 FREE Shipping

In stock

We accept the following payment methods

Description

Starring – Susan Blu (Scooby-Doo and the Ghoul School, Deadly Weapon), Lar Park-Lincoln (Children of the Night, House II: The Second Story), and Terry Kiser (Pet Shop, The Golden Girls) Secrets Galore Behind the Gore – a 3-part featurette on the makeup effects of Part 1, Part 4 and Part 7 It’s weird to sit here and type a review for a film as iconic as Friday the 13th but here I am. Like many horror fans, I grew up watching the Friday the 13th films. My introduction into the slasher franchise was Jason Goes to Hell when my uncle gave my mother the movie on tape along with Conan the Destroyer. FRIDAY THE 13TH: THE FINAL CHAPTER: English DTS-HD Master Audio 5.1 Surround / French-Parisian, Spanish-Latin American – Dolby Digital 2.0 Mono FRIDAY THE 13TH PART VII: THE NEW BLOOD: English DTS-HD Master Audio 5.1 Surround / French-Parisian, Spanish-Latin American – Dolby Digital 2.0 Mono

When I was in elementary school my uncle randomly appeared. My family was not that close and this was one of the first times that I remember meeting him. The only reason this meeting stood out with me was because he gave me Conan the Destroyer, Jason Goes to Hell, and Die Hard on VHS. All were in those clear clamshell cases that most video stores used so I assumed it was stolen from a video store where ever it was he lived.

Trending

Finally, this one has some of the most impressive practical effects and kills out of the entire series. KNB Effects was in charge of this and it’s one of the most memorable kills and unforgettable effects. With that being said, I don’t care for the look of Jason in this one but he’s only in the film for a short time. Overall, Jason Goes to Hell will always hold a special place in my heart as the first Jason film I had seen but I know it’s a mess of a film. The kills are fun and the story starts something than is never fully explored but stands without saying. It’s watchable but sinks to the bottom of the pile. Commentary by Director Sean S. Cunningham with Cast and Crew • Featurette Return to Crystal Lake: The Making of Friday the 13th, A Friday the 13th Reunion, Fresh Cuts: New Tales from Friday the 13th, The Man Behind the Legacy: Sean S. Cunningham, Lost Tales from Camp Blood Part 1, Vintage Featurettes The Friday the 13th Chronicles, Secrets Galore Behind the Gore

The first Friday the 13th catapulted slashers to stardom. Their simple story and cheap production value made them extremely profitable so hundred of production companies decided to jump on the craze. The sequel introduced the now iconic Jason and made his name the face of the slasher sub-genre. NEW Freddy vs. Jason Storyboards and Galleries: Storyboards – Grain Silo/Boiler Room (SD – 46 in all – 3:54) FRIDAY THE 13TH PART VI: JASON LIVES: English DTS-HD Master Audio 5.1 Surround / French-Parisian, Spanish-Latin American – Dolby Digital 2.0 Mono Deleted/Alternate Scenes with Optional Commentary by Ronny Yu and Douglas Curtis (HD – 20 in all – 16:10)Deleted/Alternate Scenes, Including the Original Opening and Ending with optional commentary by director Ronny Yu and executive producer Douglas Curtis NEW It Came from the Vaults: An Interview with La-La Land Records’ Michael V. Gerhard, Matt Verboys, plus Harry Manfredini (HD – 19:14) Finally, this film has several death scenes that features some top notch practical effects along with make-up effects. Jason looks amazing which would be one of the many factors that contributes to this look being his most iconic. Overall, Jason Lives is another solid entry in the Friday the 13th franchise. It re-established Jason in a different manner than the previous films but still delivers the slasher-esque kills that slasher fans enjoy. With that being said, the look and tone of the previous films is absent which does turn some of the fans off. I recommend it but it’s not among my favorite installments. Starring – Thom Mathews (Return of the Living Dead, Return of the Living Dead Part II), Jennifer Cooke (Deadly Nightmares, V), and David Kagen (Freddy’s Nightmares, 21 Jump Street)

Fresh Cuts: 3D Terror, Legacy of the Mask, Slasher Films: Going for the Jugular, Lost Tales from Camp Blood - Part III The acting in this one is fun. We get a little more livelier characters in this installment but the acting is still the same. The cast delivers some solid performances but the more horror oriented scenes does feel forced and overdramatic. Fans of slashers know exactly what to expect when they toss in a slasher and those cliched performances are what made Friday the 13th and it’s sequels so much fun. NEW Alice Lives: Alice Cooper and Friday the 13th Part VI – a look at the music video The Man Behind the Mask featuring interviews with Alice Cooper and director Jeffrey Abelson NEW Blu-Ray 3-D version of the film (To watch the 3D version, you must have a fully capable 3D TV and 3D blu-ray player)

Top 10 Movies

When filling out your form, please enter "Friday the 13 th"in the "What Title Do You Need Replaced"section. The still galleries contain a total of 183 on-set stills, behind-the-scenes photos, promotional stills, press materials, magazine covers, posters, lobby cards, and newspaper clippings. DISC TWO – FRIDAY THE 13TH (UNCUT VERSION) FRIDAY THE 13TH PART V: A NEW BEGINNING: English DTS-HD Master Audio 5.1 Surround / French-Parisian, Spanish-Latin American – Dolby Digital 2.0 Mono The acting in this one is pretty solid but there is room for improvements. We get some deadpan characters that are very serious while we get others that deliver some much needed laughs. Aside from Ralph in the first film, the “intentional” laughs are forced. However, the cast in this one delivers a more genuine comedic performance. It’s safe to say that with such a large selection, nearly all of the previous DVD and Blu-ray releases of this series can be retired. Even so, there a couple of items that haven’t been included. The Return to Camp Crystal Lake documentary from the film’s Blu-ray release in the UK is not accounted for, nor are the Crystal Lake Memories and His Name Was Jason documentaries. However, their absence is not felt, and they are still fully available elsewhere (and highly recommended as well). It’s also worth noting that the From Crystal Lake to Manhattan DVD set was originally meant to include the featurette Scary Trailers, which was to feature interviews with the likes of visual effects producer Dan Corey and voice-over artist Don LaFontaine discussing the making of the series’ trailers. Whether it was something that was cut at the last minute or simply not used, it’s a shame that it still hasn’t seen the light of day. Some may be disappointed in the absence of additional cut footage, deleted scenes, TV edits, or workprint footage that has been floating around on the internet for years, but be rest assured: if it could have been included, it would have been. This is an exhaustive and as close to definitive Friday the 13th film collection on Blu-ray as we’re ever going to get. It will take one days, even weeks to get through all of it.

• Fruugo ID: 258392218-563234582
  • EAN: 764486781913
  • Sold by: Fruugo

Delivery & Returns

Fruugo

Address: UK
All products: Visit Fruugo Shop