Knife Drop: Creative Recipes Anyone Can Cook

Knife Drop: Creative Recipes Anyone Can Cook

RRP: £25.00
Price: £12.5
£12.5 FREE Shipping

In stock

We accept the following payment methods

Description

It’s filled with techniques that will last a lifetime, QR codes explaining everything in detail, and great food. I still don’t have my IKEA bookshelves but I’ll be buying this book!

MANUAL FOR KNIFE DROP COOKBOOK: The ultimate cookbook recipes

On that note of speaking to his audience, this might also be the perfect cookbook for the social media age because not only is the author apparently a social media cooking star of some sort, but he’s also included QR codes throughout the book leading the reader to videos demonstrating how to prepare some (not all) of the recipes. The author is apparently some kind of social media star, delivering cooking videos to legions of fans. I admit, I didn’t know his work prior to reading this book. But when I stumbled across the book itself, I found it rather intriguing. The theme here seems to be interesting, creative, restaurant-quality types of dishes, but which can be (relatively) easily prepared by home cooks in a home kitchen. Welcome to Flavor Zone, a monthly column in which your kitchen-savvy VICE editors recommend the tastiest, juiciest, most appetizing new cookbooks on the shelves. This June, we flipped through wild veggie burger recipes, made some dank naan, cut down on food waste, and finally learned what to do with our honey (besides mainlining Hot Toddies).

Success!

Tuna Melt- The tuna was runny from too much mayo and pink from so much paprika. Also it called for sharp cheddar but the cheese in the picture was white. The finished product was super bland. As for the recipes themselves, I’m quite pleased to report that the vast majority of them look like something I’d actually like to cook and/or eat. Obviously everyone’s tastes are different so no cookbook ever manages to be 100% for anyone (except perhaps its own author), but this one is closer aligned to my tastes than most. And I particularly like a book that combines some sophisticated classy recipes with some that are more comfort food. And I have to admit, what really caught my eye is that this book even includes a recipe to make your own home-made dino nuggies. I’m pretty sure that means this is an author who knows what his audience wants. Our servers are getting hit pretty hard right now. To continue shopping, enter the characters as they are shown I appreciate the scope of this cookbook, and I look forward to sharing this book with my soon-to-graduate children to have references for successful cooking later in life.

Knife Drop: Creative Recipes Anyone Can Cook : DiGiovanni Knife Drop: Creative Recipes Anyone Can Cook : DiGiovanni

I am the type of person that will get a cookbook from the library, find 2-3 recipes I like but will never make and then return it. I’m also a person that can’t cook unless I’m following a recipe. This is also known as Online Behavioural Advertising. You can find out more about our policy and your choices, But that’s not to say those recipes are necessarily bad or failures by any means. And despite a couple maybe not quite hitting the same theme as the rest of the book, I consider the book on the whole quite a success.Carbona(ra)men- Dude asks you to cook 8 pieces of bacon, remove the bacon and leave ALL the hot fat, and dump 2 cups of water into it. I explained the chemistry behind this to my son before doing it for the review and, as predicted, hot grease exploded all over my kitchen. This book is written for young inexperienced cooks. Will someone be burned? I think so. The food itself was a chore to eat. Way too much bacon. One note flavor. Admittedly, some of the recipes live up to that promise a bit better than others. To be sure, there are several recipes in here that look just as impressive as anything you might find in a Michelin-starred restaurant, but with relatively simple ingredients and techniques accessible to home chefs. But there are also a couple that don’t quite hit that “impressive” mark or which might be a bit more intimidating to the home cook. I love how he breaks down simple beginner ideas, such as how to hold a knife or how to make butter. He progresses with intermediate and advanced recipes that look and sound delicious. I have decided that I need to make my own Vanilla extract as soon as possible!

• Fruugo ID: 258392218-563234582
  • EAN: 764486781913
  • Sold by: Fruugo

Delivery & Returns

Fruugo

Address: UK
All products: Visit Fruugo Shop