The Secret Life of an Uncool Mum: The most funny Sunday Times bestselling debut novel about motherhood you’ll read this year

£4.495
FREE Shipping

The Secret Life of an Uncool Mum: The most funny Sunday Times bestselling debut novel about motherhood you’ll read this year

RRP: £8.99
Price: £4.495
£4.495 FREE Shipping

In stock

We accept the following payment methods

Description

The ethos of Mammy Banter was to go against the grain of social media, with no product placement or air brushing. and the main character's life motto is "Stick it in ya hole with a jam roll," you know it's going to be a cry-with-laughter kind of book. sad mom wants to make life changes, does things she hates to make these life changes, realizes she had it within her the whole time. And I think that is the message behind this book, in what is a very “𝘪𝘯𝘴𝘵𝘢 𝘱𝘦𝘳𝘧𝘦𝘤𝘵” climate, we are all just muddling our way through life, one day at a time, and it’s perfectly OK to not have everything under control, all of the time - because the internet 𝗟𝗜𝗘𝗦 - and 𝗻𝗼-𝗼𝗻𝗲 𝗶𝘀 𝗽𝗲𝗿𝗳𝗲𝗰𝘁!

The Secret Life of an Uncool Mum: The most funny Sunday Times

Mammy Banter video skits use a number of everyday scenarios such as "homework struggles and fussy eating to the trials of swimming with kids, parent-teacher meetings, dealing with teenagers and first day back at work blues".It’s a work of fiction packed full of the relatable humour you’ll already know and love, if you’re a fan like I am. I was struggling with my own mental health at the time and sick of the airbrushed perfection that the likes of Instagram and Facebook were delivering to me and subconsciously it was creating my own insecurities. Anti-feminist views, Ageism, Hypocrisy, Double standards, Victim blaming, Pedophilic implication, Misogyny/ Sexism.

The Secret Life of an Uncool Mum - Goodreads Mammy Banter: The Secret Life of an Uncool Mum - Goodreads

She is very authentic which I love and the content is really relatable for everyone, often having me in stitches.Overall, this is one of those novels where you want to keep reading, it makes you smile, laugh, and reminisce about the good ol’ times. She makes a “fuck it list” to set about improving her life, including getting into shape, spicing up her marriage, and overhauling her look. I loved the premise and the main character finding to love herself more while realizing sometimes things are better as they are. As a Mam of 3 children myself I can completely relate to how Serena feels although mine are very different in age, it sometimes feels like they are the same age as Serena’s children.

The Secret Life of an Uncool Mum (Audio Download): Serena

Tara was a great MC and I loved seeing her decide for herself, pick something fun for herself, find new friends, go to gym classes.

Of course you stick with the slang where you are from however as always I find it a little bit much. I suppose I found it more hilarious because it was all relevant to me - I too have 3 children, including a 13 year old and a two toddlers and my god this book just captures what real life is like perfectly. Terry was introduced to TikTok through her daughter, and joined TikTok herself during the COVID-19 lockdowns; at the time she was attempting to “detox” from social media. She's going to show her teenage daughter she's still cool, show her husband she's still a catch and show her colleagues she's still a 'Boss Bish'.

• Fruugo ID: 258392218-563234582
  • EAN: 764486781913
  • Sold by: Fruugo

Delivery & Returns

Fruugo

Address: UK
All products: Visit Fruugo Shop