Not Drinking Tonight: A Guide to Creating a Sober Life You Love

Not Drinking Tonight: A Guide to Creating a Sober Life You Love

RRP: £99
Price: £9.9
£9.9 FREE Shipping

In stock

We accept the following payment methods

Description

Even for readers who may not be struggling with alcohol, the guide offers valuable insights into creating a more intentional and fulfilling life. The actionable worksheets in this workbook are wonderful tools that I use in session and that my clients work on at home. Amanda helps you dig into the root of your struggles to better understand why you drink and why you might want to stop--setting you up for a more fulfilling life all around, even if you don’t choose full sobriety. It was a lot less about drinking and more about the why and how we’ve evolved as humans to manage stress and react to the world around us. I love how Amanda interweaves her clients’ stories as well as her own personal experiences throughout the book.

So, it’s not just your story, it’s snapshots of all the women that have the same thoughts and fears and concerns and pitfalls. Rather, it simply makes you think about WHY you drink, HOW you drink, and the role alcohol plays in your life. But you’re also a therapist, and you see a lot of clients struggle with their relationship with alcohol. Maybe you’re pregnant, you’re on medication, you’re driving, you're cutting down for health reasons, you’re on a cleanse, or maybe you just don’t like the taste.Taking an honest look at the way we use alcohol can be a powerful tool in identifying our motivations behind drinking, allowing us to make more conscious decisions and better manage our consumption. And if you’re listening to this podcast, I’m guessing that one of the things you want to do this year is drink less and change your relationship with alcohol. And when that’s your perspective, someone saying I’m drinking a few glasses of wine a night, or I’m blacking out once or twice a weekend. in his words, If we understand the mechanisms and motives of the group mind, it is now possible to control and regiment the masses according to our will without their knowing" (239).

PLEASE NOTE: When you purchase this title, the accompanying PDF will be available in your Audible Library along with the audio. I also struggled with the opening of the book, where White works to build rapport with her audience by explaining her own relationship with alcohol. Having been sober for 8+ years herself, Amanda tackles therapists’ most pressing question: How can I help clients whose alcohol use has become problematic but who don’t identify as “alcoholics” or have no interest in traditional abstinence-based methods like rehab or 12-step groups? Change country: -Select- Albania Algeria American Samoa Andorra Anguilla Antigua and Barbuda Argentina Armenia Aruba Australia Austria Azerbaijan Republic Bahamas Bahrain Bangladesh Barbados Belarus Belgium Belize Benin Bermuda Bhutan Bolivia Bosnia and Herzegovina British Virgin Islands Brunei Darussalam Bulgaria Burkina Faso Burundi Cambodia Cameroon Canada Cape Verde Islands Cayman Islands Central African Republic Chile China Colombia Comoros Cook Islands Costa Rica Cyprus Czech Republic Côte d'Ivoire (Ivory Coast) Democratic Republic of the Congo Denmark Djibouti Dominica Dominican Republic Ecuador Egypt El Salvador Equatorial Guinea Eritrea Estonia Ethiopia Falkland Islands (Islas Malvinas) Fiji Finland Gabon Republic Gambia Georgia Germany Ghana Gibraltar Greece Greenland Grenada Guam Guatemala Guernsey Guinea Guinea-Bissau Guyana Haiti Honduras Hong Kong Hungary Iceland India Indonesia Iraq Ireland Israel Italy Jamaica Japan Jersey Jordan Kazakhstan Kenya Kiribati Kuwait Kyrgyzstan Latvia Lebanon Lesotho Liberia Liechtenstein Lithuania Luxembourg Macau Macedonia Madagascar Malawi Malaysia Maldives Mali Malta Marshall Islands Mauritania Mayotte Mexico Micronesia Moldova Monaco Mongolia Montenegro Montserrat Morocco Mozambique Namibia Nepal Netherlands Netherlands Antilles New Caledonia New Zealand Nicaragua Niger Niue Norway Oman Pakistan Palau Panama Papua New Guinea Paraguay Peru Philippines Poland Portugal Puerto Rico Qatar Republic of Croatia Republic of the Congo Romania Rwanda Saint Helena Saint Kitts-Nevis Saint Lucia Saint Vincent and the Grenadines San Marino Senegal Serbia Sierra Leone Slovakia Slovenia Solomon Islands South Africa South Korea Spain Sri Lanka Suriname Sweden Switzerland Taiwan Tanzania Thailand Togo Tonga Trinidad and Tobago Tunisia Turkey Turks and Caicos Islands Tuvalu Uganda Ukraine United Arab Emirates United Kingdom United States Uzbekistan Vanuatu Vatican City State Vietnam Virgin Islands (U. While I'm not a real addict, I have been drinking a glass with dinner since forever, so this was a good book for me.

Social media, academics, anti-LGBTQ+ discrimination, substances, and more have all contributed to unprecedented levels of mental health issues among the. A February 2022 survey by American Addiction Centers found 29 percent of respondents reported drinking more during the holidays, for example.

• Fruugo ID: 258392218-563234582
  • EAN: 764486781913
  • Sold by: Fruugo

Delivery & Returns

Fruugo

Address: UK
All products: Visit Fruugo Shop