The Lido: The most uplifting, feel-good summer read of the year: The uplifting, feel-good Sunday Times bestseller about the power of friendship and community

£4.995
FREE Shipping

The Lido: The most uplifting, feel-good summer read of the year: The uplifting, feel-good Sunday Times bestseller about the power of friendship and community

RRP: £9.99
Price: £4.995
£4.995 FREE Shipping

In stock

We accept the following payment methods

Description

Describe the opening of The Lido. How does it establish Brixton as a character? Do the interludes throughout the novel of life there help you to understand the community better? What do you think of Brixton? Is it somewhere you could see yourself living? This lovely book is about the power of friendship and community.. Heartwarming and uplifting, The Lido is set to make quite a splash. * SUN ON SUNDAY * Both Kate’s and Rosemary’s first experiences swimming were particularly memorable to them. What was yours like? Did you swim in a local lido? If so, can you tell us about it?

With a rich ensemble of secondary characters, The Lido serves as a timely reminder of all that we stand to lose through the destruction of our local services, and a joyful celebration of community and friendship. I think most writers draw on their own experiences in some way to fuel their writing. Although Kate is very different to me in many ways, there are certainly aspects of my life that I used as inspiration for my writing. I moved to London from a small town (actually much smaller than Bristol, where Kate is from) so know what it feels like to arrive in a big city and struggle to find your feet. I think there is a perception that your early twenties are going to be the best years of your life, but I know for myself and many of my friends there were also lots of stressful elements in trying to find our way in the world. That was definitely something I wanted to explore in my book, and I hope that anyone who mayhave had a similar experience is able to relate and realize they are not alone. The Lido has been optioned for a film. Who would you cast as Kate? As Rosemary? How would you structure the film? Rosemary agrees to the interview - but ONLY if Kate swims in the pool. Kate does, and following her interview with Rosemary, the two become loyal friends. Daily swimming in the lido helps Kate with her anxiety. She becomes invested in the plight of the pool and begins to help Rosemary 'save' her lido.This summer's poolside must-read... a timeless tale of friendship, love and chilly swims. It may be about freezing-cold water but it will give you a warm glow. -- Andreina Cordani * DAILY MIRROR * Rosemary agrees to allow Kate to interview her about the lido on the condition that Kate goes for a swim. What prompts Rosemary to require this? How does swimming in the lido expand Kate’s view of it? Would you have agreed to Rosemary’s request? 5. Describe Kate’s relationship with her sister. Is Erin a good older sister to Kate? Why or why not? Why do you think Kate is nervous about introducing Erin to Rosemary? What do the two women think of each other? We thought it was heart-warming without being gushingly sentimental and we cared about the characters and the situation they were trying to remedy. The book is about loneliness and the burgeoning friendship between two women. We felt as if we were in their lives and with them in their struggle to prevent the closure of their wonderful community asset. A tender, joyous debut novel about a cub reporter and her eighty-six-year-old subject—and the unlikely and life-changing friendship that develops between them.

Libby always loved fashion and the history of it and hence she majored in fashion journalism, even though her course was broader in covering anything journalism. During her years of study, she interned a lot at magazines but eventually realized this was not for her. But when a local developer attempts to buy the lido for a posh new apartment complex, Rosemary’s fond memories and sense of community are under threat. On the whole this is a charming story,of intergenerational friendship and a community pulling together,. Kate and Rosemary are likeable characters, as are Jay a photographer for the newspaper and Ahmed who works at the Lido. I loved the way relationships were developed. Also loved the scenes from the past showing Rosemary and George’s romance and married life. La persona detrás de la noticia es la bella y tierna Rosemary, lo que comienza con cubrir una noticia, acaba siendo una preciosa y sincera amistad que une a estas dos personas tan distantes en edad, ¿Es que acaso la edad está reñida con la amistad o el amor? La novela está narrada en presente y pasado de ambas, el pasado de Kate y el pasado de Rosemary lleno de recuerdos de su marido George, anécdotas encantadoras y algunas llenas de diversión. Rosemary y George prácticamente desde que se conocieron nadaban en esa piscina, pero el ayuntamiento quiere cerrar y vender el terreno para hacerlo privado, esa piscina para Rosemary está llena de su pasado junto a George.Y hasta aquí puedo contar, si queréis saber todo de esta historia es mejor que la leáis, a que os la cuenten.

• Fruugo ID: 258392218-563234582
  • EAN: 764486781913
  • Sold by: Fruugo

Delivery & Returns

Fruugo

Address: UK
All products: Visit Fruugo Shop