Uniden Bearcat UBCD3600XLT Digital & Analogue Radio Scanner

Uniden Bearcat UBCD3600XLT Digital & Analogue Radio Scanner

RRP: £27.99
Price: £13.995
£13.995 FREE Shipping

In stock

We accept the following payment methods

Description

It will take some effort to get all the scanner settings dialed in but I'm sure you will be able to do it if you first log all control channels and then all voice channels and their color codes and preferable also the system id and channel numbers. A scanner usually lets you set either AM (Amplitude Modulation) or FM (Frequency Modulation). The scanner may also have NFM (Narrow FM) and WFM (Wide FM) but for listening to aircraft transmissions you should only use the AM mode. The Step size will depend on the scanner and some can scan through a list of frequencies using the following steps:- 5, 6.25, 8.33, 10, 12.5, 15, 20, 25, 50, 100kHz. Using the correct Step size will mean that you don't miss any frequencies. Recently the spacing between airband frequencies has been reduced from 25KHz spacing to 8.33KHz spacing so as to increase the number of frequencies available. Therefore your airband scanner should have a step size of 8.33KHz.

The Uniden Bearcat UBC3500XLT was probably one of the best airband hand-held scanners, but it has now been discontinued, although it can of course still be found on the second-hand market. Butel ARC536 basic software for Uniden UBCD3600XLT, BCD436HP, BCD536HP, Digital scanner receiver. ARC536 is the best-selling software for Uniden flagship scanners and it allows users to expand the functionality of their UBCD3600XLT scanner. It also includes the most versatile and feature-rich editor available on the market. This Version 2 software is compatible with Windows 7/8/10/XP/2000 and Vista. This software's features include the following:When using a scanner you can either use the 'Search' mode where it searches through a range of frequencies until it stops when it finds a transmission for you to listen to, or use the 'Scan' mode where you store specific frequencies into the scanner and it will just scan through these frequencies until it finds a transmission. I've been hankering after one of the two choices above for a while and now is the time to pull the trigger on one of them. This sensitive hand-held scanner comes complete with an antenna, rechargeable batteries and an AC adaptor. The frequency range is 25-1300MHz (with gaps) and has a maximum of 2,500 (typically 1,600) channels. See specification below.

Monitors radio traffic on a trunked system to find unknown ID and automatically records audio from and logs new channels for later review. The 3500XLT is not particularly user friendly for inputting data, requiring constant turning of the selector knob to find alpha numerics. The easiest way is to take advantage of the ability to connect to your PC or Mac. Get a connection cable. Mine came with a serial port connector, so I had to add a serial/USB adaptor. I'd be grateful to anyone that owns either of the above scanners (or even better, both of them!) if they'd give me some honest opinions. For example if you're a mil airband listener you can setup a group profile to include you favourote airfields, control frequencies, JTAC etc. When you want to Analog and Digital AGC – Helps automatically balance the volume level between different radio systems.Scans APCO 25 Phase 1 and Phase 2, DMR, Motorola, EDACS, EDACS ProVoice, LTR trunked systems. As well as conventional analog and P25 digital channels. PC Programming – Use the Sentinel software to manage your scanners Profiles, Favorites Lists, and firmware updates.

nacl1 wrote:The 3500XLT is not particularly user friendly for inputting data, requiring constant turning of the selector knob to find alpha numerics. The easiest way is to take advantage of the ability to connect to your PC or Mac. Get a connection cable. Mine came with a serial port connector, so I had to add a serial/USB adaptor. Red Dragon wrote:I'm told the 3600XLT is "over complex", and basically looks to have all the bells and whistles, where you can programme the frequencies onto a memory card (not sure what type) and insert it into the scanner. Frequency AutoStore - automatically store frequencies from a service or limit search into a conventional systemI see other frequencies in the log with different color codes and seems to be using Motorola RAS as there is major CRC errors. I do not know if UBCD3600 could handle that now or if it needs a future upgrade to handle it. It could also be a very weak signal you are scanning. Broadcast Screen - ignore hits on 10 custom frequency ranges during Close Call or search operation. To receive civilian aircraft transmissions you will need a scanner that has a frequency range of 108-137Mhz. If you want to listen to military aircraft transmissions then you will need a scanner that has a frequency range of 225-400MHz. You should also set the scanner to the AM mode (Amplitude Modulation). Control Channel Only Scanning – With Motorola trunking frequencies, you do not have to program voice channel frequencies.

• Fruugo ID: 258392218-563234582
  • EAN: 764486781913
  • Sold by: Fruugo

Delivery & Returns

Fruugo

Address: UK
All products: Visit Fruugo Shop