Ice Barrel Ice Bathtub - Freestanding Cold Therapy Training Tub – An Ice Bath Tub for Athletes - Adult Spa for Ice Baths and Soaking (Charcoal Black)

£9.9
FREE Shipping

Ice Barrel Ice Bathtub - Freestanding Cold Therapy Training Tub – An Ice Bath Tub for Athletes - Adult Spa for Ice Baths and Soaking (Charcoal Black)

RRP: £99
Price: £9.9
£9.9 FREE Shipping

In stock

We accept the following payment methods

Description

Baijze, G. A. (2016, Sept.). The Effects of Cold Showering on Health and Work: A Randomized Controlled Trial. Plos One. Retrieved Dec. 7 2021, from https://journals.plos.org/plosone/article?id=10.1371/journal.pone.0161749 It would be very wasteful and time consuming to fill the barrel up every time you wanted to use it, plus, unless you’re filling it up with icy water, it takes time for the water’s temperature to drop enough after adding ice once it is filled. DO NOT USE if you are: - pregnant, have heart disease or high blood pressure, have diabetes, complications such as neuropathy or retinal damage, you wear a pacemaker, history of frostbite, have an open wound, had recent surgery, epilepsy or any other health concerns or risks. For me, the Ice Barrel experience continues to be transformative, bringing both physical benefits and valuable mental resilience. It’s a practice I’ll continue, exploring further the icy depths of this intriguing wellness practice.

Ewing’s aim then was to create “a cold therapy device that was convenient and fun to use,” and his mission now is “to share the power of cold therapy with anyone who needs to hit the reset button.” Cost Kinoshita, T., Nagata, S., Baba, R., Kohmoto, T., & Iwagaki, S. (2006). Cold-Water Face Immersion Per Se Elicits Cardiac Parasympathetic Activity. Circulation Journal, 70(6), 773–776. https://doi.org/10.1253/circj.70.773 For something more permanent, look to solid tubs. These are a bit more expensive, but they can pretty much last a lifetime. They are usually made from heavy-duty plastic that can withstand the elements, and even though you still have to change the water from time to time, they drain more easily than the inflatables. There are lots of ice bath tub options on the market. On the more affordable side, you can get an inflatable or folding tub. These are great for travel or using at home and are generally pretty comfortable to sit in, but they tend to fail faster than solid tubs, and you have to refill them for virtually every use.Upon further thought, I’ve come to the conclusion that I’m better off getting chilly with my bathtub or trash can solution, either of which requires less ice, less effort, and the same amount of discomfort.

Depending on experience, most cold plunges take place around at least 59 degrees Fahrenheit or below to trigger your body into a state of readiness. Remember: You can always make the water colder. Go at a comfortable pace, adjust, then work down from there. Do I need to consult with professionals before using a cold plunge?Let’s see if it lives up to its name and is a worthy recovery tool for runners and other athletes looking to recover faster after a run and improve their overall health, including increasing Heart Rate variability (that’s a good thing). Most people have experience with putting ice on an acute injury such as a sprained ankle. The resulting reductions in swelling and pain are expected. Photos and videos of professional athletes soaking in baths with ice are also fairly common. Just like for the sprain, it’s not hard to imagine that the professional athletes are reducing swelling and pain in their large muscles and joints after a hard workout. Current research indicates these short-term treatments for exercise recovery are not the only benefits of cold therapy. Research into the benefits of cold therapy include proven beneficial results for a variety of chronic diseases. (Garcia et al., 2020) This ice bath is made with multiple layers of waterproof and tear-resistant materials, including a PVC inner layer, nylon outer layer and pearl foam insulation middle layer. We like that it also includes a layer of insulation for use in cold or hot water, allowing you to soak in soothing hot water even if you only have a standing shower.

Jansky, L., Pospisilova, D., Honzova, S., Ulieny, B., Sramek, P., Zeman, V., & Kaminkova, J. (1996). Immune system of cold-exposed and cold-adapted humans. European Journal of Applied Physiology and Occupational Physiology, 72(5–6), 445–450. https://doi.org/10.1007/BF00242274

What customers are saying about Ice Barrel

Superb ice bath barrel. Lid stays securely in place no debris or critters invading it. I bought the smaller barrel I’m 5ft 8” and fit comfortably in it, water covers shoulders at 3/4 full. The barrel was spacious enough for me to comfortably submerge myself up to my shoulders, allowing maximum skin exposure to the icy water, which is a key factor in achieving optimal benefits from cold therapy. These improvements suggest that regular cold water immersion is enhancing my body’s natural healing process. In this Ice Barrel review I explain the key features of the Ice Barrel, how to use it to effectively ‘cold plunge’, and the pros and cons compared to other options for cold water therapy.

Ice barrel therapy is more than just a trend—it’s a holistic practice that offers a myriad of health benefits. From enhancing circulation to boosting immune function, this ancient yet modern approach to wellness holds remarkable potential. But what exactly does it entail? Now, it may be big, but is it good? Emphatically, yes. The Plunge’s chiller cools down to 39 degrees Fahrenheit, can be used indoors and outdoors, has active filtration and ozone sanitization, and is fully insulated. We particularly like the use of acrylic to construct the tub, which will likely last a lifetime and feels better on your skin compared to metal or rough plastic. Hayashi, N., Ishihara, M., Tanaka, A., Osumi, T., & Yoshida, T. (1997). Face immersion increases vagal activity as assessed by heart rate variability. European Journal of Applied Physiology and Occupational Physiology, 76(5), 394–399. https://doi.org/10.1007/s004210050267 Since the Ice Barrel doesn’t feature a chiller to control your temperature, you’ll need to use a lot of ice to create that frigid wateryou’re looking for. This could be difficult in the summer months. When we first filled our barrel up, we had to use over 100 pounds of ice since it was around 90 degrees outside. This shouldn’t be as much of a problem during the colder winter months — your water should stay pretty consistently icy then. DrainingJungmann M, et al. (2018). Effects of cold stimulation on cardiac-vagal activation in healthy participants: Randomized controlled trial.

• Fruugo ID: 258392218-563234582
  • EAN: 764486781913
  • Sold by: Fruugo

Delivery & Returns

Fruugo

Address: UK
All products: Visit Fruugo Shop