Does It Hurt?

Does It Hurt?

RRP: £13.49
Price: £6.745
£6.745 FREE Shipping

In stock

We accept the following payment methods

Description

when sawyer asked him to say everything he couldn’t tell her, in italian...I WAS RUNNING TO GOOGLE TRANSLATE EVERY TIME HE SPOKE— Plot? Had potential but Enzo, Sawyer and that creepy old guy just messed it up with their existence. I initially was thrilled for a stranded at a lighthouse plot, but became immediately disappointed with the direction and execution of the lighthouse owner. Unfortunately, I'm a reader and fan of well-executed thrillers vs. K. Websters take on 'thrilling dark romances' and this entire mystery-murder, thriller, gothic part of the plot did not impress me whatsoever. If there are dark romance readers who in general enjoy K. Webster, then yeah, ignore my review, I'm sure you'll love this. Identity and self-discovery form a fundamental aspect of the storyline in “Does It Hurt?”. The book explores the journey of the characters as they grapple with questions of identity, searching for meaning and purpose. Carlton skillfully delves into the intricacies of self-discovery, depicting the challenges and triumphs that come with finding one’s true self. Character Analysis Protagonist

That’s such a pretty smile, bella,” he purrs. A tear leaks from my eye, right where his mouth resides. His tongue darts out, catching the droplet. And let me tell you he is a professional with sharks and he did THIS because she stole his identity after they had a one-night stand. And then he went on telling her that sharks mean no harm until you harm them blah blah blah. How very professional Enzo 🥰I started skimming at 50% because of the writing. This whole story is basically a bad horror/thriller movie. Some sex, traumatized characters, murder, twists, creepy lighthouse steward, ghosts, hidden away captive…it’s a lot aka dramatic AF. Carlton’s writing style is characterized by its vivid and evocative descriptions, allowing readers to immerse themselves in the world of the story. Each scene comes alive through the author’s carefully chosen words, painting a rich tapestry of emotions and imagery that enhances the reader’s experience. Indirect Language i was simply sent clear into another dimension. i tried, i really did try, to throw away all sensibility and just have a good time but the good times never came. unlike our heroine who came multiple times during the first sexual encounter at the 10% mark of this book. the minute this book opened up with the definition of a word i’ve never heard of was the moment i knew i would devour this book autassassinophilia (n.) – a paraphilia in which sexual arousal and the achievement of orgasm are facilitated by the fantasy or belief that one is in danger of being killed.

Now I may be slight desensitized, but I didn't find this book as dark as the trigger warning made it seem. It has a dark vein for sure, but it felt more suspenseful and creepy. The darkly veiled mystery running parallel to the romance was also deliciously intriguing. Enzo was everything I love in my main characters; grumpy, enigmatic, possessive, and with a mean streak a mile long. Sawyer, admittedly, took me a bit longer to warm up to. She's a survivor, but I did wish she'd stand up more to Enzo. But she felt like she had to atone, and her tears would wash her sins away. I did get frustrated by her in parts, but then she fully grew on me towards the end when the full scope of her past gets revealed. She's an incredibly complex character, full of many layers, and while I didn't love all of them, I did love her as a heroine.The supporting characters in “Does It Hurt?” are equally well-developed and integral to the narrative. Carlton expertly crafts nuanced relationships between the protagonist and these characters, showcasing the dynamics and impact they have on one another. Each supporting character brings their own unique perspectives and struggles to the table, contributing to the overall depth and richness of the story. Plot Development Beginning Enzo is a shark expert with his own dark secrets. When he realizes the woman he spent the night with stole his identity, he doesn't call the cops. He wants to deal with her himself. So when he runs into her again, he's determined to make her pay. And so he lures her to his boat...completely blind to the deadly brewing storm. You are a thief, baby. You stole my name, and now you’ve taken my heart, too. Demand anything else from me, and I’ll give it to you.❞

Every small detail and interaction with the old man - resident of the island who shelters the couple - was so thrilling. The author of the cat and mouse duet (possibly one of my favorite dark romances in a while) has won me over again, but surprisingly, not because of the couple. enzo (H) is a business owner and shark expert. when he’s not thinking about all the little fishies in the sea, he’s thinking about feeding sawyer to the sharks below 🥰 There is one particular scene in this book that I’d heard about ever since this book came out, and it didn’t disappoint — it was unforgettable! The chemistry between these two is absolute fire as strangers, as enemies, and as lovers! She is doing what she can—the only way she know how to do to survive……… See All of her victims are men, and most of them have unisex names, making it easier for her to impersonate them…….. Somewhere along the line, she slipped up when she met him.The middle section of the book delves deeper into the characters’ experiences and delves into the central themes. Carlton skillfully weaves together various subplots, creating a tapestry of interconnected events and emotions. This section may introduce new conflicts or raise questions, building tension and propelling the narrative forward, while allowing readers to further connect with the characters. End The protagonist in “Does It Hurt?” is a complex and multi-dimensional character. Carlton takes readers on a deep dive into their thoughts, emotions, and experiences, allowing for a rich understanding of their motivations and struggles. The protagonist’s journey serves as a catalyst for exploring the book’s central themes, and readers will find themselves rooting for their growth and development throughout the story. Supporting Characters Sawyer and Enzio together are explosive. Also intense and chaotic, Sawyer is a warrior, and her banter with Enzo is top-notch. This book's dark humor is very comical, and I loved it! Enzo is grumpy and has his issues. Yet he is protective of Sawyer. Also for the Zade Meadows fans, here is Enzo literally bringing Sawyer to his home after meeting her: "Why are you so nervous to enter our home?" 😏 giving zaddy vibes IYKYK.

TW: SA, Child Abuse, Non-consensual consent. I received an ARC for this book in exchange for an honest review. I hope you all go into it with 0 expectations, and no comparisons in mind. And I hope you all enjoy their story, as much as you're able. When Enzo realises Sawyer stole from him that night he's out for vengeance and nothing will stop him from getting his hands on her. The beginning of “Does It Hurt?” sets the stage for the emotional journey that awaits readers. Carlton introduces the protagonist and establishes the initial conflicts or challenges they face, drawing readers into their world. The opening chapters provide a glimpse into the characters’ lives, sparking curiosity and setting the foundation for the narrative to unfold. MiddleIn conclusion, we both know that you will not enjoy this, probably die of boredom or at least lose years of your life, and give it a one star rating at most. This is the scene which was romanticised on booktok or bookstagram. If this is what they call romance? Then I don't want it. Thankyou very much. Adeline and Zade had some sort of unique synchrony and symbiosis that I did not feel with these two. Maybe that was the entire point? They are both very damaged and different from one another. I honestly didn't feel connected to their love story as much as I did to the world building. Audible is a preferred platform for audiobook lovers, showcasing a vast collection of titles, including engaging novels like " Does It Hurt?" by H. D. Carlton. It features a wide array of genres and languages to meet all listener preferences. The appeal of audiobooks has grown exponentially, moving beyond their initial role of assisting those with visual impairments. Symbols play a significant role in “Does It Hurt?”, recurring throughout the narrative to convey deeper meaning. Carlton’s use of symbolism invites readers to interpret and reflect on the themes presented. Recurring symbols in the book may represent concepts such as hope, loss, or rebirth, providing additional layers of depth and inviting readers to engage with the story on a symbolic level. Motifs Represented

• Fruugo ID: 258392218-563234582
  • EAN: 764486781913
  • Sold by: Fruugo

Delivery & Returns

Fruugo

Address: UK
All products: Visit Fruugo Shop