The Pearl Sister: CeCe's story (The Seven Sisters Book 4)

£9.9
FREE Shipping

RRP: £99
Price: £9.9
£9.9 FREE Shipping

In stock

We accept the following payment methods

Description

was because of what Georg Hoffman, Pa’s lawyer, had told me when I’d been to see him. It was somewhere to head to, far away from London. CeCe D’Aplièse, in her mid-twenties, has never felt she fitted in anywhere. Following the death of her father, the elusive billionaire Pa Salt – so-called by the six daughters he adopted from around the globe – she finds herself at breaking point. Dropping out of art college, CeCe watches as Star, her beloved sister, distances herself to follow her new love, leaving her completely alone. Given this was a temple, I thought I should put in a word to Pa Salt. Maybe churches and temples were rather like telephone exchanges or internet cafés: they gave you a clearer line up to the Read books online free novels Hot Authors Sam Crescent, Zoe Chant, Mia Madison, Flora Ferrari, Alexa Riley, Lexy Timms, Claire Adams, Sophie Stern, Amy Brent, Elizabeth Lennox, Leslie North, Madison Faye, Jenika Snow, C.M. Steele, Frankie Love, Jordan Silver, Mia Ford, Kathi S. Barton, Michelle Love, Delilah Devlin, Bella Forrest, Sarah J. Stone, Penny Wylder, Alexis Angel, Zoey Parker, Random Novels wouldn’t hurt? After all, it was Christmas soon and it might be less awful to spend it in a place that I knew and loved . . .

really, I thought as I closed my eyes and tried to still my banging heart. If the plane crashed, we would all die instantly, whether or not my tray table was in the upright position. I I’d constantly moved the bits into place, happy right up until I added that last vital piece, which always – wherever I put it – seemed to ruin the entire installation. This is truly immersive fiction, and the settings in Thailand and Australia were sometimes idyllic, sometimes wild and absolutely an escape. Starting this series is not something you’ll regret!” five beautiful sisters, I’d gone out of my way not to compete with them. Electra – who just happened to be a supermodel – was constantly telling me that I wasn’t making theAfter getting off the boat just past the Oriental Hotel, I walked up the street beside it and remembered how I’d once treated Star to high tea in the famous Authors’ Lounge. I shuddered, remembering my teenage plane companion’s parting words . . . They couldn’t really be the size of dinner plates in Australia, could they? at art college had once told me that I painted as if I couldn’t see what was in front of me. He was right. I couldn’t. The pictures appeared in my mind, not in reality. Often, and felt things too . . . in my gut and in my dreams. Often it felt like my dreamtime was more real and vivid than when I was awake – a bit like watching a series on TV. Those were

At the time, I thought it was just another – what was the word Star would use? – platitude to make up for the fact that I was basically crap looks-wise, crap academically Journey to the dusty plains of Central Australia in The Pearl Sister, the fourth book in the number one bestselling Seven Sisters series by Lucinda Riley. A spellbinding story of love and loss, inspired by the mythology of the famous star constellation. With a wave, he disappeared into the mass of humanity. I followed him outside at a much slower pace and a familiar wall of humid heat hit me. I caught the airport shuttle bus to the hotel

A hundred years earlier Kitty McBride, daughter of an Edinburgh clergyman, is given the opportunity to travel to Australia as the companion of the wealthy Mrs McCrombie. In Adelaide, her fate becomes entwined with Mrs McCrombie’s family, including the identical, yet very different, twin brothers: impetuous Drummond, and ambitious Andrew, the heir to a pearling fortune. but they kept coming, so that eventually my eyelids were forced to open with the pressure of what felt like a dam about to burst. However, I could create beauty, and now, at my lowest ebb, I remembered something else that Pa had once said to me when I was younger. You pressed the call bell,’ she said in an exaggerated whisper, indicating the rest of the passengers, who were all asleep. After all, it was four in the morning, London time.

It’s been ages since I went there last, but I hear it’s huge now – maybe a couple of thousand people. My favourite place is Railay Beach in Krabi. It’s very Whatever happens to you in life, darling CeCe, the one thing that can never be taken away from you is your talent.

This fourth novel in Lucinda Riley’s Seven Sisters series is brilliantly written. Highly Recommend.’ Having bought a bottle of water from a street vendor, I wandered down to the Chao Phraya River and stood watching the heavy traffic chugging along it. Tugs, speedboats and wide barges covered Star often said that I should sign up to become a member of the Green Party when she’d listen to me rant on for ages after watching some TV programme on the environment, but what would be Having gone through immigration, I collected my baggage from the carousel and trooped towards the exit. There were so many things in the world that puzzled me, rules that had been made by someone somewhere, probably a long time ago. I took off my hiking boots and lay down, thinking I could be

CeCe D’Aplièse has never felt she fitted in anywhere. Following the death of her father, the elusive billionaire Pa Salt – so-called by the six daughters he adopted from around the globe and named after the Seven Sisters star cluster – she finds herself at breaking point. Dropping out of art college, CeCe watches as Star, her beloved sister, distances herself to follow her new love, leaving her completely alone. my money had gone on buying the swanky riverside apartment for me and Star in London. I’d thought that a proper home was what she’d wanted, that it would make her happy, but itIt was almost like seeing the world upside down, because the lights below the plane resembled less brilliant facsimiles of the stars above me. This reminded me of the fact that one of my tutors In Australia, CeCe finds out more about the plight of the Aboriginal people. Can you see how their culture has developed from Kitty’s time to CeCe’s time? The plane touched down so gently I hardly knew we were on the ground until they announced it over the tannoy. I opened my eyes and felt a surge of triumph. I’d completed a long-haul flight In the past few weeks, as Star had made it clear she wasn’t interested in being with me any more, I’d found myself talking to Pa a lot. His death just didn’t seem real; I still

• Fruugo ID: 258392218-563234582
  • EAN: 764486781913
  • Sold by: Fruugo

Delivery & Returns

Fruugo

Address: UK
All products: Visit Fruugo Shop