Mooer Hustle Drive, drive micro pedal

Mooer Hustle Drive, drive micro pedal

RRP: £99
Price: £9.9
£9.9 FREE Shipping

In stock

We accept the following payment methods

Description

This pedal at hand has two operating modes: HP and LP, both of which have a wide variety of highly accessible tones. You can switch between those with a switch easily. Overall, it is really easy to use Mooer Hustle Drive and comes with lots of features jammed in a small box. Conclusion: Mooer Hustle Drive Pedal [2023 Review] Many really love its rich and complex distortion character - including myself, while others prefer a slightly smoother type of distortion - which is why it's handy that there are so many clones and mods around - you can find your preferred derivation of the core flavour that best suits your preferences.

Mooer Hustle Drive | Reverb

For a mini version of the Brown Sound the One Control Anodized Brown Distortion is kind of in the ballpark, but does not really have the necessary bass response. A wonderfully texturally complex distortion tone. The OCD has amazing distortion harmonics, but manages to stay just on the right side of musical and controllable. It’s a very distinctive tone that is very obviously analogue sounding. Digital pedals have a hard time replicating this pedal exactly as they are intrinsically prone to smoothing and clarifying output. This desire for extra headroom is why the OCD can be run from anything from 9-18V, with the pedal delivering a noticeably different, less compressed sound when run at the higher voltage.

As producers, you struggle to get inspired if you're using the same thing. A lot of times, a piece of analogue gear can break you out of that rut" – Shaun Lopez on crafting synth sounds for the long-awaited second album from Crosses When I acquired the Hamstead Odyssey Intergalactic Driver shortly before Christmas, I initially bought it because of its superb sound quality and enormous versatility. It was only when tweaking around with the various dials and toggle switches that I figured out that the Odyssey could very closely match the entire OCD profile I used, and do quite a bit more besides. Meaning that the Odyssey has bumped the OCD from its number 11 slot in my chain - as my now main ’OCD’ pedal of choice - which is something I did not really expect to happen. Even though it is a tiny one, you will be amazed at the flexibility of this pedal. It really is a piece of feature-rich equipment that you can make the most of. Small but perfectly formed, this diminutive and affordable pedal is allegedly a direct clone of the OCD.

the Best OCD Style Pedals Guitar Pedal X - GPX Blog - 12 of the Best OCD Style Pedals

By all accounts the Mooer Hustle Drive is a reasonably copy, but here I side with the original OCD, currently in its 7th iteration (V 1.7). I also find that the One Control Lingonberry OverDrive is reasonably close, but with a slightly cleaner tone. An important consideration is that several of these pedals could be assigned to different categories with different tones / levels of gain dialled in, and while some have a huge range of soundscapes, others are more fixed within a type or have very specific timbres which make them instantly audibly identifiable / stand out within a very specific context. One of the characteristic elements of the OCD’s clipping is that, when run at 9V, much of the clipping comes from the op-amp itself. The EHX Glove resolves this with an internal charge pump, which bumps the circuit internally from 9V to 18V, from the ‘Super OCD’ modded OCD designed by Fred Briggs.

It may look an aesthetic atrocity, but beyond the gross exterior, the Joyo Ultimate Drive is a clear descendant; in fact, an OCD version 1.4 clone with slight component tweaks. Since this pedal is an extra small one, you might have a hard time placing it on your pedal board as your other pedals might need frequent adjustment. The other point is, if you will be adjusting the settings on the knobs frequently, that will mean that you are going to need to come close to the pedal every time. If you have space on your board you may as well go for one of the many varieties of ProCo Rat now available, and if you are adventurous, you can try out the new Chase Bliss Brothers Analog Gainstage which does some very interesting things with fuzz distortion. For instance, the fairly recent Strymon Riverside pedal has a mix of analogue and digital processing through four cascading gain stages - starting with analogue JFET transistors before progressing through several stages of digital processing. The strength of this pedal is that you get a high degree of clarity / tightness right along the scale of distortion. However, this means you don’t get the the really gritty / noisy distortion textures that typify certain heavier styles of music. The Fulltone OCD pedal by contrast has a fantastic fuzzy / dirty analogue texture which the Strymon Riverside cannot really fully replicate as its core configuration always leans somewhat towards clarity and audible separation of individual notes. You could say that the pedal is just a tiny touch too clean in some senses.

MOOER Audio Micro Series-Products-MOOER Audio

The Chinese-made mini pedals are usually most appealing because of their low cost, then compact size, and usually thirdly a close-ish approximation of tone. In this instance, the Mooer Blues Mood hits the triple threat with a really fantastic replication of a Keeley-modified Boss Blues Driver. So a clever twist on the original in a more compact form factor and with two-way toggle voice selector. The AnalogMan King of Tone is capable of similar tones and much more, its footprint and cost though is more than 10 times that of the diminutive Mooer, which is my pedal of choice here. The changes on the versions between 1.1 and 1.7 are relatively subtle, and are mainly component value tweaks to slightly alter the EQ response. The most interesting change is on version 1.3 - increasing the drive pot to 1M for more sustain, and the addition around 1.4 of a germanium clipping diode. These are all the same size, and all have relatively low current draw, although because of their digital nature, many of these are better served by isolated power-supply rather than relying on a OneSpot daisy-chain as I have frequently found out. Of all the pedals listed, the Plimsoul is sort of the odd one out - I had always intended to get that pedal as a sometime occasional swap-out for the OCD, but it is more of a medium to heavy gain than the light to medium of the OCD - I find the OCD slightly crunchier than the relatively smoother Plimsoul although in my area of interest they do have some degree of overlap.The HP/LP switch isn’t a high-pass, low-pass selector as the abbreviations imply, but instead selects between different frequencies to use at the shelving frequency for the Tone control. SMALL - ENO Trouble Overdrive, Joyo Husky Drive, LovePedal Bonetender, Mooer Hustle Drive, One Control Lingonberry OverDrive

Mooer Hustle Drive – Thomann UK

I have long intended getting a Fulltone Plimsoul for temporary swap-out purposes, otherwise I have no plans to add anything in the OCD area - I had not really intended to so with the Odyssey - it obviously was not on anyone’s radar, but it just turned out to be a really good match, and a great versatile and therefore permanent fixture. SMALL - EWS Little Fuzzy Drive, One Control Baltic Blue Fuzz, Rainger FX Dr. Freakenstein’s Dwarf Bleep, Zvex Fuzzolo SMALL - AnalogMan Beano Boost, Foxpedal Ebenezer Clean MOSFET Boost, Hotone LIFTUP Clean Boost , JHS Mini Bomb, JHS Pedals The Prestige Booster, Keeley Mini Katana Boost, Mooer Pure Boost, TC Electronic Spark Mini Booster, Tone City All Spark Boost, T Rex Karma Boost, Wampler dB+, Xotic EP Booster The clipping waveform distortion on the OCD is delivered by two 2N7000 transistors after the first stage, with the Drive control determining how much the signal is amplified before it hits this point. The size of this pedal, however, can be troublesome for some people. If you will be using this pedal in a pedalboard, we should warn you about something before you do it in your Mooer Hustle Drive Pedal review.REGULAR - Boss DS-1X, Boss DS-2 Turbo Distortion, DOD Boneshaker, Fulltone Plimsoul, Keeley Stahlhammer Distortion, Malekko Wolftone Sloika, Mesa Boogie Throttle Box, MXR Distortion+, MXR Super Badass / Custom Badass ’78 Distortion Pedal allows subtle, playing volume and tone knobs to go to overdrive distortion / fuzz light depending on the guitar used. HP High peak mode, boosts the bottom end and delivers more volume with a slight increase in upper mids This micro pedal does the job of large, with a quality and very significant for me grain. Some would say that the knobs are very small. Yes to Volume and tone ... but in general I do not touch it during the concert. Remains the drive that is adaptable and goes from nice drive, the distortion that shipments already pate.

• Fruugo ID: 258392218-563234582
  • EAN: 764486781913
  • Sold by: Fruugo

Delivery & Returns

Fruugo

Address: UK
All products: Visit Fruugo Shop