Nikon AF-S NIKKOR 35mm f/1.4G Lens

Nikon AF-S NIKKOR 35mm f/1.4G Lens

RRP: £99
Price: £9.9
£9.9 FREE Shipping

In stock

We accept the following payment methods

Description

I also exposed it under light rain for a short period of time and it performed flawlessly throughout the photo shoot. So if you shoot in extreme conditions a lot, you can certainly count on the Nikkor 35mm f/1.4 – it will surely survive. The only thing you have to be a little careful about, is changing the lens in very dusty/windy conditions. Since the lens is equipped with the Rear Focus feature, the front of the lens never moves or extends (which is good, especially for using filters), but then the rear element moves in and out during focusing. If you really need to change the lens in such conditions, I would get used to rotating the focus ring to infinity and then changing the lens. See the short review video below for more information. Here is the Nikon 35mm f/1.4G compared to other 35mm lenses, including the Zeiss Distagon 35mm ZF.2 (from left to right – Nikon 35mm f/1.4G, Zeiss 35mm f/2, Nikon 35mm f/1.4 AIS, Nikon 35mm f/2D): I have always been a fan of 50mm primes for weddings, because they are very practical and easy to carry around. They are not too long and not too tight either when it comes to focal length, making them useful in pretty much any environment. On a full-frame body, the 50mm focal length is ideal and you can capture both beautiful portraits and full-size body shots if you stand a little further away from your subjects. It works equally well on a DX body, but due to tighter framing (roughly 75mm equivalent field of view due to 1.5x crop factor), it can be a bit too long, making it problematic to use when shooting in tight spaces. NIKON D750 + 50mm f/1.8 @ ISO 100, 1/200, f/4.0 See my detailed Nikon 105mm f/1.4E Review for more information about this lens. Nikon 105mm f/2.8G Micro and MC 105mm f/2.8S Micro Late 1980s ~ early 1990s AF cameras like the N90s, N70 and F4 will focus just fine. You'll have Program and Shutter-priority modes, but will lose Manual and Aperture-priority since you have no way to set the aperture on the camera or on the lens.

This type of behavior is expected from large aperture lenses, especially when they are mounted on full frame cameras. Other Nikon 35mm lenses and the Zeiss Distagon 35mm f/2.0 also show heavy amounts of vignetting at maximum aperture.

Nikon also came out with a few more Z-mount zooms that may also be interested, and in this case, I invite you to consult our detailed test-based comparison of them to see which one is best for you. NIKON D700 + 24-70mm f/2.8 @ 44mm, ISO 400, 1/200, f/5.6 Nikon 35mm f/1.4G and 35mm f/1.8 S For Z-mount, Nikon does not yet have an f/1.4 version of its 35mm prime, but it does have an amazing Nikon 35mm f/1.8S. While this is almost one stop slower than the F-mount 35mm f/1.4, it still should work almost as well in most scenarios, especially with the additional stabilization provided in Nikon Z-cameras. Of course, both Canon and Nikon shooters can consider the Tamron 35mm f/1.8 VC , (the only way a Nikon shooter can get a stabilized 35mm prime!) …but again, the slightly more portable f/1.8 Tamron is not an optical match for the f/1.4 Tamron. Whether you’re shooting wide, medium or close-up street compositions, the 35mm f1.4 can capture them all well. I prefer the 105 DC because of the weight of the 1.4E version (and I don’t do a lot of shots with it).

While I certainly enjoyed using a 35mm lens for wedding photography, I personally switched to using a wide-angle + 50mm prime instead. However, many other photographers, including our very own John Bosley swear by this lens and use it every day for their wedding photography needs. NIKON D700 + 35mm f/1.4 @ 35mm, ISO 400, 1/40, f/2.8Then again, I can’t help but also ask myself, “if Tamron can do this for the small, now-outdated Nikon F-mount, …what could they accomplish when they are able to develop (autofocus) lenses for the new Nikon Z and Canon RF mounts? Tipping the scales at exactly 600 grams, the Nikon AF-S Nikkor 35mm f/1.4G is a lot heavier - and also bulkier - than either the afore-mentioned MF Nikkor 35mm f/1.4 or the slower AF Nikkor 35mm f/2D. Coupled to the Nikon D700, as seen in the photo above, the lens doesn't look disproportionately huge, though. For travel, street, environmental portraits, and even more standard portraits, I am happy to use my 35mm. At times I’ll need a telephoto to get in closer so I switch to my 105mm or a longer lens.

• Fruugo ID: 258392218-563234582
  • EAN: 764486781913
  • Sold by: Fruugo

Delivery & Returns

Fruugo

Address: UK
All products: Visit Fruugo Shop