Heard it in the Playground

Heard it in the Playground

RRP: £7.99
Price: £3.995
£3.995 FREE Shipping

In stock

We accept the following payment methods

Description

S. it was published by Viking Press in 1979 as Each Peach Pear Plum: an "I Spy" story; the national library catalogue summary explains, "Rhymed text and illustrations invite the reader to play 'I spy' with a variety of Mother Goose and other folklore characters. By using the Web site, you confirm that you have read, understood, and agreed to be bound by the Terms and Conditions. Janet Ahlberg (21 October 1944 – 13 November 1994), née Janet Hall, and Allan Ahlberg (born 5 June 1938) were a British married couple who created many children's books, including picture books that regularly appear at the top of "most popular" lists for public libraries. Finance is provided by PayPal Credit (a trading name of PayPal UK Ltd, Whittaker House, Whittaker Avenue, Richmond-Upon-Thames, Surrey, United Kingdom, TW9 1EH).

I raised the question with Better World Books and although they could not supply a hardcover version they were extremely generous in making up for the descepency. We’re obliged by EU General Data Protection Regulation to let you know about this right; we don’t actually intend to misuse your data. I remember the boys in my class turning the poem ‘Heard it in the Playground’ into a rap in the style of Vanilla Ice! This illustrated collection of amusing poems and songs celebrating primary school life won the Signal Poetry Award in 1990. We always describe the faults of our books meticulously but they usually present better than they sound.My nearly 6 year old daughter really enjoys both reading and listening to poetry, and was really caught up in this book! A marvellous collection of poems, some funny, some thought-provoking, all written with the inimitable Ahlberg wit and wisdom. Innovative, funny and moving, his work encompasses storybooks, picture books, easy readers, joke books and novels as well as poems.

Meet Billy McBone and the Mad Professor s Daughter, be amazed by the Longest Kiss Contest, shed a tear for the Boy Without a Name and if you re a stressed teacher sing the Mrs Butler Blues. If you decide not to receive newsletters at all, you’ll have to unsubscribe from all the mailing lists. Most purchases from business sellers are protected by the Consumer Contract Regulations 2013 which give you the right to cancel the purchase within 14 days after the day you receive the item. Unfortunately rather than being hardcover as described at time of sale, it was a paperback but it is in good condition .

Janet Ahlberg won two Kate Greenaway Medals for illustrating their books and the 1978 winner Each Peach Pear Plum was named one of the top ten winning works for the 50th anniversary of the Medal (1955–2005). He has published over 100 children's books and, with his late wife Janet, created such award winning picture books as EACH PEACH PEAR PLUM and THE JOLLY POSTMAN - both winners of the Kate Greenaway Medal. Signal Poetry Award 1990 Age 8+ 80 pages An illustrated collection of amusing poems and songs celebrating primary school life. He has won numerous awards for his books including, the Kurt Maschler Award in 1986, The Children's Book Award in 1987, the Blue Peter Book Award 2001, and The Children's Book Award: Books for Young Children award 2002.

• Fruugo ID: 258392218-563234582
  • EAN: 764486781913
  • Sold by: Fruugo

Delivery & Returns

Fruugo

Address: UK
All products: Visit Fruugo Shop