Radiance: Volume 1 (Wraith Kings)

Radiance: Volume 1 (Wraith Kings)

RRP: £7.15
Price: £3.575
£3.575 FREE Shipping

In stock

We accept the following payment methods

Description

We love to chat about romance novels, humorous book passages (whether intentional or cringe-worthy purple prose), steamy love scenes, available freebie and cheapie novels, crazy cover art, questions about possible TBR books, and anything and everything in between. We give and receive tons of great recommendations and hope you'll share your favorites here, too. Dear book, please marry me. Much like the characters in this story, I don't even mind that you have a super ugly cover. I love you anyway. Today was Ildiko’s wedding day, and if she managed not to retch on herself or a guest, she’d consider the entire event a resounding success.

If you are looking for a great love story with minimal drama but enough action, this book is ideal. Get to enjoy a well-written story with lovable characters. Even though theirs is not the perfect romance story, Ildiko and Brishen make the best of what fate hands to them. The plot here is mostly romance, but there are unique and intriguing fantasy elements in the story as well. Overall a great romance story told by a very talented writer. The premise of the book is nothing new: royalty of different nations must wed to bring an alliance to each of their nations and eventually they fall in love. Even with the differences in cultures (because, well, one is human and the other is not – which I thought would be way cooler than it was) this story isn’t new, exciting, or different. The girl was too perfect: beautiful but humble, selfless, loyal, funny, empathetic, trusting, and generally just good. The guy was too perfect: handsome, kind, honest, tender, funny, loyal, understanding, and selfless. The evil mother-in-law that the girl is of course brave enough to not be cowed by. The instant connection between the main characters. The humor that only served to play into the perfectness that is our couple. At first, I thought, "Hey, who's mother in law isn't a soulless creature with a thirst for murder?" But, this lady made the rest of the other mother in law's have to hang their heads in shame. They need to up their game if they want to live up to the precedent she is setting.I think the prince expected to marry a Kai noblewoman and father children one day. He never imagined an arranged marriage with a human woman to seal a war and trade alliance between Bast-Haradis and Gaur. He might resent the circumstances thrust upon him, but I doubt he’ll bear any ill will toward his future wife. She’s as much a pawn in this as he is. Brishen frowned. Unless the bride is a foul-tempered harpy. She rested her hand in the crook of his elbow. "Try not to smile too widely, Your Highness. You'll scare the children in the crowd>" Radiance is a romance story set in the world of fantasy. While both Ildiko and Brishen are repulsed, at first sight, they connect in mind and spirit. Unlike most stories on forced marriages, this one is different as the two do not hate each other from the beginning. Both are open-minded, and while they start as platonic friends, they connect deeply over time. It is refreshing that the two lovebirds overcome many obstacles and see beyond their differences. The love scenes are epic, and sparks fly as the passion between the duo escalates. The thought scraped across her mind. Saliva flooded her mouth as the nausea roiling in her belly threatened to surge into her throat. Ildiko closed her eyes and swayed where she stood on the tailoring stool. A hand gripped her leg to steady her, and she opened her eyes to stare down at the royal dressmaker. They're destined to marry, and for that, everyone pities them. The two races find each other physically repulsive, and as you can tell, that extends to our MCs.

You don’t feel the entire scope of the book and thematic arc when you read it in installments. I mean, it’s great and you are hooked and can’t wait for the next installment. But just like binge watching Breaking Bad from the first episode to the last, the picture becomes so clear and you can marvel at each piece of the puzzle, pull it out and examine it and you’re like, my god, it’s bloody brilliant! How the hell did they do that? Grace Draven is an American author of science fiction, romance, short stories, and fantasy books. she has a good number of fantasy novels under her name. She’s enjoyed storytelling since she was a young girl, and this is evident throughout her writing. Grace has lived in Spain, Scotland and hiked the Teton Mountains. She enjoys exploring Texas outdoors together with her husband and her dogs. Had she asked him what he thought of Sangur’s armory, he might have waxed more eloquent. He shrugged. There are plants and flowers and trees. He paused and offered her a pained smile she surely couldn’t see within the depths of his hood. And a lot of sunshine.A soft rap on the receiving room door drew the queen’s attention away from her. Enter, she called out.

• Fruugo ID: 258392218-563234582
  • EAN: 764486781913
  • Sold by: Fruugo

Delivery & Returns

Fruugo

Address: UK
All products: Visit Fruugo Shop