The Invisible

The Invisible

RRP: £6.99
Price: £3.495
£3.495 FREE Shipping

In stock

We accept the following payment methods

Description

Invisible is another contemporary fiction tale from prominent author Danielle Steel. A story of family, trauma, the past, distance, escape, perseverance, love, ambition and hope, Invisible is a novel of self-belief. Thank you to Net Galley, Danielle Steel and Random House Publishing Group-Ballantine-Delacorte Press for generously providing me with my ARC in exchange for a fair and honest review. All opinions are my own. Indeed, Irene’s ethical dilemmas are a subtle subtext running through the series. She must consider what responsibility, if any, The Invisible Library has to the worlds whose texts it plunders. And should a Librarian indeed remain neutral, retrieving their assigned texts and leaving without a trace – even when worlds are crumbling around them?

Invisible Women: the Sunday Times number one bestseller Invisible Women: the Sunday Times number one bestseller

Danielle Steel brings us Antonia Adams who becomes the target of her parents' bitterness and hatred relishes the feeling of being invisible to the world. We follow Antonia as she goes through life being ignored by her parents making her reliant on herself. After her mother leaves to pursue her Hollywood dreams of becoming an actress, Antonia spends time getting lost in books and movies. Both sides are full of charisma too. The dragons are, without spoiling anything, far more erudite than your regular fantasy thugs. And the fae – comprised of a wide range of elfin cads and less glamorous beings – are delightfully evil. The Library itself Invisible by Danielle Steel is a pleasant story about a young woman who wants to be, and stay invisible. The timespan covers post-war Paris, and modern New York City. It delights with its strange transport systems, bizarre filing methodologies and its own form of office politics. The Invisible Library and its denizens are such a fascinating hub, that it’s always slightly sad to depart it for other worlds. This is a sentiment Irene definitely shares with the reader. Whispers also waft through the halls of a malicious and sinister ex-librarian – the mysterious Alberich – whose shadow grows larger as the series goes on. IreneI was so amazed at how Antonia was so successful having been a witness to her mother and father's constant fighting and growing up knowing her mother abandoned her to become an actress. Then her father became so indifferent to her treating her with so much indifference. I felt terrible for Antonia but seeing as this is fiction she overcame her terrible childhood. This was interesting and a lighter read for me that I still enjoyed because of the resilience and triumph over adversity. I needed a break from some of the heavier novels and Non-Fiction that I had been reading before this. Danielle Steel can be somewhat repetitive, but this was a book that was well written and different than most of her books in everything wasn't perfect. In Antonia she has created a unique character who is able to thrive despite her cold mother and then her father's neglect to show her any warmth. This is just the beginning of Antonia's life trajectory. What I have included in this review will not reach spoiler territory as it is just the beginning. I would rate this about 4.5 stars. I am so grateful to have read this as it was imaginative and was unpredictable. I read this Author's book "Beautiful," which was powerful and this was enjoyable but not as in depth. Still all in all I won't soon forget this and it is one of this Author's favorite novels. I would recommend this and I loved Antonia. You will have to read this for yourself to find out how the story reaches its arc. I felt that Antonia was such a well behaved child but my heart went out to her as no child deserves to be treated to feel unwanted as her mother makes abundantly clear. Her father is always away so Antonia is left alone and constantly hiding so as to feel safe. Suddenly her mother deserts both her marriage and her only child and Brandon can't believe how selfish his wife is and feels like he made a huge mistake by bringing this cold Parisian women into his life and he agrees that his marriage is a disaster. He is left to take care of their daughter. Brandon becomes obsessed with working and hires a live in babysitter to take care of Antonia. Antonia was only a child when her mother abandoned her and her father and Brandon becomes remote and closed off from his daughter. I worried that Antonia would grow up and have issues with attachment since both parents never made her feel wanted or loved. Normally when a child prefers to be invisible so as not to be seen and heard and most of all loved they grow up and have problems with relationships since they can't trust that they are unworthy of love.

Invisible Leash: A Story Celebrating Love After the Loss The Invisible Leash: A Story Celebrating Love After the Loss

Invisible Womenshows us how, in a world largely built for and by men, we are systematically ignoring half the population. It exposes the gender data gap – a gap in our knowledge that is at the root of perpetual, systemic discrimination against women, and that has created a pervasive but invisible bias with a profound effect on women’s lives.Before she was born, her mother Fabienne was clear that she DID NOT want to have a baby. However, Brandon her dad was so sure once baby was born she would change her mind. He did the entire baby prepping for the nursery etc. Dad tried but nothing worked and he soon resented Antonia as she was the reason his wife left. He turned into a mean person. The more Isabel goes unseen, the more she begins to see the other invisible people of the city – like the man who looks after stray animals in the park, or the lady who plants flowers in paint pots. All of the invisible people in her new neighbourhood are making a difference in their own quiet way. Perhaps Isabel can too… What’s cooler than a book? Loads of books, aka a library. And what’s cooler than a library – how about an invisible one, maintained and curated by parallel world and dimension-hopping librarians? A beautiful, tender story about seeing the everyday beauty in the world and realising we all have the right to belong somewhere. Tom Percival’s wintery illustrations are emotive and quiet at the beginning of the story, the streets of Isabel’s strange new home isolated and dark, but filled with glorious sunny colours and life by the end as she sees people and is seen in return as someone who belongs. Compassionate, thoughtful, and a lovely story to read aloud together. This was a heartbreaking novel from start to finish, but one that I enjoyed because not everything was wonderful and it had a more authentic feel. Brandon who is an American visiting Paris meets a dazzling young women who they get married. His wife wants to be an actress and when she gets pregnant she is miserable because the baby is interfering with her dream. She is very narcissistic and soon Brandon feels like he made a mistake marrying her because she hates being a wife and mother to their daughter Antonia. Antonia made me feel so sorry for her because she often hid or disappeared because she felt like her mother flew into rages because she thought being a wife and mother was keeping her from becoming an actress. Brandon spends more and more time away from their apartment working to avoid fighting with his wife. He is a very successful business man and has made a fortune in developing successful companies. Antonia tries to stay small and hidden and feels it is safer for her to be invisible. She has heard her parents fight and feels it is her fault.

Invisible Books Invisible Books

She is extremely focused on her goals and her father warns her that if she becomes an actress he will never speak to her again. Antonia has no plans on being an actress because she doesn't want to be visible. She prefers to make scripts and write screenplays and maybe become a movie producer or a director. She is beautiful and meets young men in College that are studying to become actors and she is urged to become an actress which she has no interest. I again can't emphasize enough how well adjusted and likable Antonia is after being so neglected by her mother and then her father. She is determined to study hard and she isn't interested in dating, but she meets a nice young aspiring actor who invites her to spend Christmas in San Francisco and she agrees and it turns out to be the best Christmas she has ever had. There isn't any romance the young actor and her develop a mutual respect and become life long friends. Antonia feels like she is even more unwanted when her father turns her bedroom into a home office. It is Lara who tries to include Antonia and her father is only interested in his new wife and feels his job is finished with Antonia away at College. Want to thank NetGalley and Random House Publishing Group – Ballantine ~ Delacorte Press for this eGalley. This file has been made available to me before publication in an early form for an honest professional review. I’m not an actress, Mr Quist, and I don’t want to be. I don’t want to be in front of the camera. I only want to write, and one day direct like you. I have no desire to be an actress. I like being invisible so no one can see me.”Although Danielle Steel's writing is horrific by my criticism, I wouldn't doubt that the plot would have been grand as most others have been talking about and I just wish I could see that for myself. Danielle Steel is not for me and I will sadly say that I will be staying far away from even considering reading any other books by this author. Isabel and her family don’t have much money, but she loves their home and is grateful for all the things they do have. So when they’re forced to move across the city to a new neighbourhood, Isabel doesn’t feel like she belongs. It’s as though she’s becoming invisible – nobody seems to see that she’s there. Antonia Adams is the product of a loveless marriage between a beautiful young model and an aristocrat. As a child, she is abandoned in the abyss that yawns between them, blamed by her mother, ignored by her father, and neglected by both. Unprotected and unloved, she learns that the only way to feel safe is to hide from the dangers around her, drawing as little attention as possible to herself, to be "invisible." Danielle Steel has released over half a dozen releases in 2022 alone, which is a significant achievement for any author. It amazes me that an author can produce so many titles in such a short space of time. Invisible relays the story of Antonia Adams, a woman who provides a glimpse into the film industry thanks to her life story. Invisible is a novel written by James Patterson and David Ellis. It is part of the series 'Invisible' and it is followed by the book 'Unsolved' (2019)

• Fruugo ID: 258392218-563234582
  • EAN: 764486781913
  • Sold by: Fruugo

Delivery & Returns

Fruugo

Address: UK
All products: Visit Fruugo Shop