Tony Hand: A Life In British Ice Hockey

Tony Hand: A Life In British Ice Hockey

RRP: £99
Price: £9.9
£9.9 FREE Shipping

In stock

We accept the following payment methods

Description

He made his senior debut on 20 September 1981, at the age of fourteen against the Fife Flyers when the Murrayfield Racers had a player shortage. [1] He gained his first point against the Billingham Bombers on 17 October 1981, with an assist to a Chris Kelland goal. He finished the 1981/82 season having played 19 games, scoring 4 goals and adding 7 assists for 11 points. He followed it up the following year with 20 goals and 22 assists, a total of 42 points, in 24 games.

So, a very BIG thank you to Michael and also to my other Patreon Patron’s, to Tommy Boll, Oscar Brownsword, Colin Dunn, Tony Harrison, Jim Murden, Jeff Povey and Chris Saddington for their continued support. We will work in partnership with the juniors to create a pathway for good local talent into the Warriors setup, as that must be the future of the club. I would like to thank the owners and management of the Rink for giving me this post and I was very impressed with their vision of what the future brings for the team.”During the close season, Hand trained with Geneve-Servette and was offered a contract as their fourth import, but in the top Swiss league which allowed only three imports to play in game, he turned it down. Instead he returned to Murrayfield where, in an indifferent year, he scored 114 goals and 162 assists in 49 games, including his 1,000th point and 500th goal.

In return, my Patrons will receive a reward, right now there are 4 different reward levels to chose from. In his autobiography, Hand wrote that this was perhaps a mistake and that perhaps he should have re-negotiated the offer. In the foreword, Sather expressed his disappointment that "he didn't accept my deal because he could have advanced in North America. His progress would have been celebrated." Indeed, Sather also says "At the training camp I could see that he had a great ability to read the ice and he was the smartest player there other than Wayne Gretzky. He skated well: his intelligence on the ice stood out. He was a real prospect." For two years he took on the coaching duties, the highlight of which was another promotion, this time to the final qualifying round of the 2014 Winter Olympics.

Podnieks, Andrew (25 April 2017). "A league of their own: IIHF Hall of Fame names 20th induction class". IIHF . Retrieved 22 March 2019. Despite good offers from many teams over the years, Hand had remained with the Murrayfield Racers until they folded in 1994. Even then he joined the newly formed Edinburgh Racers, scoring over 200 points in a season for the third time in his career. However, after a single season with the Edinburgh Racers who also went bankrupt, Hand finally moved to the Sheffield Steelers, in the Superleague. Four years later, another return to Scotland came with a move to the Ayr Scottish Eagles. It was also around this time that Hand was offered a place on the roster of HPK of Finland's SM-Liiga Coaching career [ edit ] Hand, who made his senior debut with his home town side, Murrayfield Racers, aged just 14, wore Britain’s colours in 11 World Championships and one Olympic Qualifier. He played at the top in Italy in 1994 after being the top scoring Brit on the dual national-dominated team that won promotion a year earlier. Forgive us if we write some of the figures here again as they are frankly astounding: 1,748 games played, 1,642 goals scored, 2,992 assists, 4,634 points. And this is just in domestic games in the major competitions. We’ve had to omit, for reasons of space, European Cup games, junior GB internationals, Scottish Cups, GB friendlies, and on and on. Hand returned in October 1987 for Murrayfield's first ill-fated trip onto the continent to play in the IIHF's European Cup where, after beating Bulgarian side Slavia Sofia in a preliminary round, the semi-pro team from Scotland were thrashed by full-time sides from the Netherlands, Sweden and (Germany).

• Fruugo ID: 258392218-563234582
  • EAN: 764486781913
  • Sold by: Fruugo

Delivery & Returns

Fruugo

Address: UK
All products: Visit Fruugo Shop