NIV Rainbow Study Bible: Jacketed Hardcover

NIV Rainbow Study Bible: Jacketed Hardcover

RRP: £99
Price: £9.9
£9.9 FREE Shipping

In stock

We accept the following payment methods

Description

I have set my rainbow in the clouds, and it will be the sign of the covenant between me and the earth. I have placed My bow in the clouds, and it will be a sign of the covenant between Me and the earth. Of course the ubiquitous symbol isn’t a rainbow at all. It currently has six colours, previously it had eight and included turquoise and pink. But as Christians, we have the opportunity to remind society that the rainbow, the real rainbow, symbolises something very different.

Another reverse flood event was when God parted the Jordon River so that the Israelites could enter the Promised Land of Canaan after wandering in the desert for forty years. The color blue, referred to directly or when scripture states something is like the appearance of a sapphire or sapphire stone, can be a symbol of deity or royalty (Numbers 4:5 - 12, Ezekiel 1:26, Esther 8:15, etc.). Whether this was the first appearance of a rainbow in human history (because it had not rained yet as Genesis 2:5 seems to say) or it was just God repurposing the phenomenon that already existed (as KenHam explains), the Bible is very clear about what the rainbow symbolizes. God's Promises Symbolized by the RainbowAfter several months of interesting events, God’s judgment was “restrained” and the rain stopped ( Genesis 8:2), resulting in a rainbow that appeared in the sky. The rainbow is also a picture of God’s beauty and holiness. Ezekiel 1:28: “Like the appearance of a rainbow in the clouds on a rainy day, so was the radiance around him. This was the appearance of the likeness of the glory of the LORD.”

The rainbow is precious. It’s a symbol of what theologians call God’s common grace – the grace he shows to all people saved and unsaved alike. With the rainbow God promised to restrain his wrath. He promised never again to visit destruction on the earth in the same way. Judgement was delayed, for Noah, his descendants, and for the rest of creation. God would continue to provide rain and sun. He would provide seasons and harvest. Land could be worked, crops could be grown. Salvation It is a stabilizing color, but it’s also sometimes used to illustrate melancholy (thus the Monday blues). TheBluesis a famous music genre that originated in the deep south and is characterized by mellow sounds. The Israelites rejoiced, with Moses’ sister Miriam beating a tambourine and leading in a song of joy on the other side of the Red Sea ( Exodus 14:27-31; Exodus 15:20-21). God was faithful in sustaining the Israelites through deep water trouble.I have placed my rainbow in the clouds. It is the sign of my covenant with you and with all the earth. We cannot talk about the significance of the colors of the rainbow without mentioning the Bible. It is believed that the “rainbow is a sign from the Almighty that we are not forgotten.” It is mentioned in the story of Noah’s Ark; after God appeared before Noah following the flood, there was a beautiful rainbow in the sky signifying His Glory and Power as well as His Covenant. I have set my bow in the cloud, and it shall be a sign of the covenant between me and the earth: When I bring clouds over the earth, and the bow is seen in the clouds . . . I will see it and remember the everlasting covenant.”( Genesis 9:13-14, 16) How Was God’s Promise Fulfilled in Bible History? After the floodwaters receded and Noah could get out of the boat onto dry land, he built an altar and offered a burnt offering to God. In response, God declared this promise to Noah and his family:

In Genesis, it is described as a sign of God’s Mercy as well as the pact/covenant He made with Noah that such a flood would not be sent again. These are termed as Noahide Laws, and the seven colors of the rainbow remind us of our obligation to them. Angel Colors I will place my rainbow in the clouds, and it will become a guarantee of the covenant between me and the earth. In the church, a covenant means members agree to act together in harmony with the precepts of the gospel. A covenant establishes a relationship between two parties, similar to a government document.

The Coming of the Lord

Along the same lines, people have long tried to answer this question: Is indigo blue or purple?The answer: it’s both.(Although, if you want to get more specific, indigo is three-quarters blue and one-quarter purple.) The second color of the rainbow, orange is a warm, vibrant color. It is typically a happy color that makes people feel friendly and comfortable. God made this covenant with Noah (who represented all future people) regarding His creation. The events of the book of Genesis “introduce us to how God initiates and makes covenants with His chosen people, pledging His love and faithfulness to them and calling them to promise theirs to Him.” The second mention of a rainbow in Revelation occurs when John describes the look of a mighty angel. Throughout famous literature, red is used to represent passion, hostility, and war. When it comes to roses, for example, red represents the strongest form of love. It is also the color used to represent evil and the devil.

But green is also a bit of a dichotomy. On one hand, green represents life and growth; on the other hand, it represents envy. (Ever heard the phrase green with envy?) Maybe there’s a finer line between wealth and envy than we realize.In Japan and China, red is the most revered color of the rainbow, which is why brides in China have traditionally worn red. Created from red and blue, violet is a lighter shade of the color purple and therefore shares some of the same meaning. Another important term related to the colors of the rainbow is angel colors. Devout Christians use these to focus on their prayers to the Lord. Like the seven rainbow colors, there are seven angel colors. Some gifted people with ‘sight’ do not just see the refracted light in the rainbow colors but another metaphysical system which they believe to be angels sent to Earth to guide us. These are actually similar to the concept of chakra and aura colors, which we have talked about before.

• Fruugo ID: 258392218-563234582
  • EAN: 764486781913
  • Sold by: Fruugo

Delivery & Returns

Fruugo

Address: UK
All products: Visit Fruugo Shop