MURDER ON SEA a gripping cozy crime mystery full of twists (Rina Martin Murder Mystery Book 1)

£9.9
FREE Shipping

MURDER ON SEA a gripping cozy crime mystery full of twists (Rina Martin Murder Mystery Book 1)

RRP: £99
Price: £9.9
£9.9 FREE Shipping

In stock

We accept the following payment methods

Description

He admitted to officers while on the platform that he had just killed his wife. Detectives were able to question him and subsequently charge him with murder. While Oxford had Morse, Whitstable, famous for its oysters, has Pearl . . . True to the tradition of classic crime, [Julie Wassmer] weaves a strong story into a setting that has more to offer than murder and mayhem’ Daily Mail Broadway was jailed for life with a minimum term of 34 years, while Billy and John Broadway were jailed for 12 and 15 years, respectively, for Wilfred Snr's manslaughter. My Thoughts: This book has everything - domestic violence, runaways, murder, suicide, and kidnappings. Based in a small town in Britain, and told from multiple points of view, it’s definitely murder to start, but the readers piece it together before the others do. At that point, it all begins to unravel and snowball into so much more. The story focuses on DI McGregor more than Rina, but the real focus is on a sister’s love for her younger brother and everything she’ll do to protect him.

Pellow had consistently claimed the mother-of-three's injuries were self-inflicted but he was convicted of murder following a trial at Bristol Crown Court.Melanie Hall was last seen outside the former Cadillacs nightclub in Walcot Street, Bath in the early hours of June 9 1996. She was 25 years old. (Image: Avon and Somerset Police/ PA Wire) His accomplices, ex-girlfriend Anna Lagwinowicz, 32, and her uncle Tadevsz Dmytryszyn, 38, got the same sentence. They disposed of Ms Wells-Burr's body in her car before setting it on fire. Reading this made me feel happy as I love the author and I love Whitstable, it was also good to catch up on what the characters of Pearl, Dolly and DCI Mike McGuire had been up to. These characters are great, so down to earth and normal and I think that is why it works as you can relate to a lot of it, well apart from the murders, lol.

Tavener was given a life term and told he would serve a minimum of 16 years and eight months behind bars before he will be considered for release at Bristol Crown Court. Read More Related Articles The couple's two young sons were left to discover their mother fatally injured before the eldest called the police. She later returned home alone and invited Mr Baker to their house. Their children were staying with his parents.Murder-on-Sea is the second book in Julie Wassmer’s popular crime series – now a major Acorn TV drama, Whitstable Pearl, starring Kerry Godliman as private detective and restaurateur, Pearl Nolan. Rina and Mac make an interesting pair, with Rina’s forthrightness and Mac recovering from the trauma of a previous case.

Rina, the tweed skirt wearing, retired actress was actually a secondary character as troubled policeman Mac was the real star. Rina is the landlady of a house filled with what seemed to be music hall, end of the pier type performers. That just seemed so dated and unlikely. The story seemed modern yet there were a few details, such as the boarding house residents, using a landline and the names of some of the characters, that made me query when exactly it was set. I then saw it had first been published in 2008 under a different name but Rina’s sections seemed old-fashioned and almost like a separate gentle short story woven into another far harsher modern one. Melanie, 25, was a clerical worker at the Royal United Hospital in Bath with her whole life ahead of her. Rina Martin, a resident of Frantham-On-Sea, us a retired actress with a taste for solving crime. (Think of Jessica Fletcher Murder, She Wrote or Miss Marple). When her friend and neighbor is murdered, she feels that Mac could use some help.Despite the name, a life sentence does have the prospect of parole after a certain number of years, but occasionally judges declare upon sentencing that it is unlikely the defendant will ever be released. Despite police receiving 1,700 calls from the public, taking 1,600 statements and making more than 10 arrests, no-one has ever been charged with her murder. I saw others draw parallels between Rina and Mrs. Marple, and I wouldn’t quite agree, other than Rina’s in her early sixties and knows the people in her neighbourhood, and human behaviour, well. Rina’s far more active and involved than Marple was, and for all her storming into the police station at the beginning of this book, I see Rina as kinder than the Victorian-minded Marple. The murder followed an earlier violent altercation between Charlie Broadway, Finney, Jones and Mr Isaacs and his son.

Rina thinks that the intruders were after her gun, although it was of new real use to anyone. But who would have wanted the gun ... and willing to kill for it?The last thing Pearl expects for Christmas is murder but soon the bodies are piling up. Can Pearl possibly solve the mystery in time to make 25th December an unforgettable day – or will the murderer contrive to ensure her goose is well and truly cooked before then? Rina Martin is a retired actress who played a TV sleuth for years. She put all that behind her when she moved to the sleepy town of Frantham-on-Sea. Here on the Dorset coast, she runs her own pin-neat guest house and life is blissfully quiet. Then a brutal killer comes to town. A few doors down, harmless old Mrs Freer is bludgeoned to death, and Rina can’t help but be drawn into the mystery. It was 13 years later a workman found her remains in woodland near Thornbury near the M5 on October 5, 2009. Murder She Wrote is an apt comparison — Rina Martin is sharp and no-nonsense. She knows a bit about law, a bit about murder — and a lot about human nature.” Carmen Owen Pellow, of Burnham-on-Sea, was with his partner, Lisa-Marie Thornton on the morning of November 23, 2017.

• Fruugo ID: 258392218-563234582
  • EAN: 764486781913
  • Sold by: Fruugo

Delivery & Returns

Fruugo

Address: UK
All products: Visit Fruugo Shop