The Trouble With Peace: The Gripping Sunday Times Bestselling Fantasy (The Age of Madness)

£9.9
FREE Shipping

The Trouble With Peace: The Gripping Sunday Times Bestselling Fantasy (The Age of Madness)

RRP: £99
Price: £9.9
£9.9 FREE Shipping

In stock

We accept the following payment methods

Description

After reading eight books across three series by Joe Abercrombie he is yet to disappoint me, apart from Red Country, that's one dislike in eight books, that's how good he is. He still improves in his work, the stories and characters, no one writes Grimdark like him. The world building is awesome same goes for the writing. We’re all like children, Rikke. The older you get, the more you realize the grown-ups won’t suddenly walk in and set things right. You want things right, you have to put ‘em right yourself.” Colonel Forest – a hard-working officer with common origins and impressive scars, commanded the Crown Prince’s Division for Orso. In a world where power is fragile and neighbouring lands maintain an uneasy peace, forces seek to recapture ground lost to the Union in previous battles. The fighting leader of the North, Stour Nightfall, continues his preparation and plotting to reclaim land from the Union. The conspiracies and scheming are deftly built from outside the Union lands and close to home. There is one thing for sure there is always a Trouble with Peace in this world, and the politics and its machinations will eventually succumb to the ferocity of battle and the inevitable destruction ahead. The power of Abercrombie's battle scenes is outstanding and an explicit aspect of what makes these books so enthralling and visual.

The Trouble With Peace takes place shortly after the events of A Little Hatred and its ominous conclusion. Whilst peace has been hard-won, it is a peace built on shaky foundations and the title for this second book in The Age of Madness trilogy is not coy about the direction of this story.

Read The Trouble With Peace

This is even more brilliantly handled via the use of one character in particular, Rikke. Possessed with a talent called The Long Eye, which enables her to see flashes of the future, this book utilizes those flashes to create a foreboding series of events that may or may not come to pass. Not even Rikke fully knows. These flashes are ambiguous enough that it is somewhat tough to piece together what might happen, yet shed a tiny glimpse at enough specifics that they almost force you to try and figure it all out. The problem is you can't really do it and I think this is part of the plan so that when book 3 delivers the ultimate climax, we will all be shaking our heads saying, "Oh yeah! how did I miss that?" This was an element that really raised the book to another level in my opinion. Just an added dimension to wrap your head around and think about between reading sessions. Other than Orso, I'm ready to snarl at the rest of them and yell, "What the hell were you thinking!!!" Joe Abercrombie sigue demostrando con cada libro que escribe que no sólo es el rey del grimdark, es posiblemente uno de los pocos autores que entiende de verdad lo que significa el grimdark.

Una trama donde no sabes quién resultará ganador o vencido hasta que no se resuelva la batalla. Personajes bien construidos, que se mueven entre claroscuros. Héroes o antihéroes -¡qué fácil es pasar de uno a otro!-.Special thanks to my Patrons on Patreon for giving me extra support towards my passion for reading and reviewing! Grand Duchess Monzcarro Murcatto – “The Serpent of Talins,” mother of King Jappo, a feared general and ruthless politician, responsible for the unification of Styria. Bremer dan Gorst – a squeaky-voiced master swordsman who was First Guard to King Jezal, and now to King Orso. Gunnar “Bull” Broad – an ex-Ladderman wrestling with violent tendencies, once a Breaker, now handling “labour relations” for Savine. Este libro se centra en las alianzas, el horror de la guerra, y el alto precio que se paga. Para mi gusto, se extiende demasiado en el caos de una batalla donde no hace brillar a sus personajes.

• Fruugo ID: 258392218-563234582
  • EAN: 764486781913
  • Sold by: Fruugo

Delivery & Returns

Fruugo

Address: UK
All products: Visit Fruugo Shop