More Confessions of a Forty-Something F**k Up: The WTF AM I DOING NOW? Follow Up to the Runaway Bestseller

£9.9
FREE Shipping

More Confessions of a Forty-Something F**k Up: The WTF AM I DOING NOW? Follow Up to the Runaway Bestseller

RRP: £99
Price: £9.9
£9.9 FREE Shipping

In stock

We accept the following payment methods

Description

From that late urge to want motherhood to dealing with the beginnings of Perimenopause, friendships becoming fragile as everyone is dealing with their own issues and realising you might not actually have it all together, despite being closer to 50 than before.

At its heart, it is a love story, but it has many layers. There's romantic love for current partners, past partners, and lost partners, love for your friends, love for your children, love for strangers, and love for yourself. In books, TV shows and films, everything is dialled up to be fantasy, the perfect wife/husband, the perfect children, the perfect house, the perfect figure, the perfect job, the perfect life. But in real life, no relationship, no friendship, no sex, no job is perfect. Whilst I'm aware this book is also a fiction and should be a fantasy, it really holds a mirror up to us as a society. It talks about the negatives of being a woman in society, making it so familiar and relatable, but shows that you don't have to be perfect to be perfect. Living in London, Nell is content with her life. She enjoys her job writing obituaries, has a strong circle of friends (including the ultimate frenemy). Yet people, especially her parents are worried that she hasn't married, had children, is not successful. Nell is apparently a "Forty-Something F**k Up". In this hilarious, un-put-downable follow-up to the bestselling Confessions of a Forty-Something F## k Up, now the basis for the major TV series, Not Dead Yet, there are laugh-out-loud lessons to be learned, truths to be told, adventures to go on and joys to discover.Told in a diary style format by Nell (first person) be prepared to embrace what everyday life throws at you and how you deal with it . . . . . family,friends,laughter,sadness,gratitude. Brilliantly written, extremely relatable, honest, full of humour and totally uplifting, Everyone needs to read this (you don’t have to be forty-something) and realise it’s never too late to change what you don’t like in your life and their are tons of women dealing with the same thoughts and feelings. PDF / EPUB File Name: More_Confessions_of_a_Forty-Something_Fk_Up_-_Alexandra_Potter.pdf, More_Confessions_of_a_Forty-Something_Fk_Up_-_Alexandra_Potter.epub More Confessions of a Forty-Something F**k Up" by Alexandra Potter is an absolute gem that had me hooked from the very beginning. Having thoroughly enjoyed the first installment, I was eager to dive into Nell's world once again, and I can confidently say that this sequel did not disappoint. Potter's portrayal of Nell, a never-married, childless, forty-something podcaster and obituary writer, is both hilarious and relatable. In this instalment, it looks like Nell has her life under control, her ship is sailing smoothly. Maybe she isn’t such a f##k up after all? Or are the wheels about to come off her wagon again?

No old lady hair’ should have been included in our wedding vows as my husband has made me promise this on numerous occasions. 🤣 ——‘I might be in my eighties but I’m not having a cauliflower head….That’s what my friend Una called old lady hair. At my age you have to on guard against a short curly perm.’ Now, we're 2.5 years on from that, I am now 30, and I am 1) still single, 2) still childless, and 3) have no job but still refer to myself as a writer, albeit a failed one when it comes to actually finishing anything. Feistily funny . . . and so relatable -- Fabulous magazine, The Sun on Sunday on Confessions of a Forty-Something F**k Up Potter’s writing grips you with prose that you’ll remember, this description of routine a prime example - “Routine is a funny old thing. It gets such a bad rap. We think of it as dull and predictable and long to escape. But routine is like a clothes hanger. You hang your days on it and it gives them shape. Without it life has no structure, if you’re not careful it can collapse in a heap on the floor” Unwittingly, Nell seems to stumble from one incident to another. Grounded in familiar everyday family and work situations, these situations remain plausible despite being a work of fiction. Nell is also utterly relatable as the continual survivor and you can't help but cheer her on.Funny but layered, light-hearted but surprisingly deep, this is a perfect and inspiring new year read' - Red

In this hilarious, un-put-downable follow-up to the bestselling Confessions of a Forty-Something F ## k Up , now the basis for the major TV series, Not Dead Yet , there are laugh-out-loud lessons to be learned, truths to be told, adventures to go on and joys to discover. I've said it before that I'm not overly fond of books that talk about the pandemic, as I want escapism, I don't want to read about something I lived through. But Alexandra has found a balance here. She's mentioned it - as anyone would if their book is set during that time - but it's not a main plot point. It helps give context to a few things, but the story would equally be as great without it. The first Confessions book was one of my favourites of 2021. It was so original and I absolutely loved it! So I squealed with excitement at being given a copy of the sequel.

Featured Reviews

The inspiration for NOT DEAD YET, ABC’s “Most Watched Comedy Debut in More Than Four Years” ( Deadline )

• Fruugo ID: 258392218-563234582
  • EAN: 764486781913
  • Sold by: Fruugo

Delivery & Returns

Fruugo

Address: UK
All products: Visit Fruugo Shop