The Fibre Fuelled Cookbook: Inspiring Plant-Based Recipes to Turbocharge Your Health

£11
FREE Shipping

The Fibre Fuelled Cookbook: Inspiring Plant-Based Recipes to Turbocharge Your Health

RRP: £22.00
Price: £11
£11 FREE Shipping

In stock

We accept the following payment methods

Description

VARIETY. Bulsiewicz says you can eat kale and blueberries every day and still be unhealthy because you need a variety--so switch it up with collards, swiss chard, turnip greens, etc.

Fibre Fuelled by Will Bulsiewicz, MD - Penguin Books Australia Fibre Fuelled by Will Bulsiewicz, MD - Penguin Books Australia

Re: IBS and GI issues, Bulsiewicz does not believe low FODMAP (or GF unless Celiac) is a long-term solution. Great information in this book. The v science is sound. The explanation are clear. I feel like I understand the gut and microbiome. I understand more clearly why eating processed foods are not healthy. The meal plan was not laid out easily to follow. You really had to read the entire meal plan for the week ahead of time. Week 2 lunch would sometimes be leftovers from a week 1 dinner? This was frustrating because I had either finished the leftovers or thrown them away before the next week even started. The leftover days would always be 2-3 days after they were cooked and this was a continuous cycle each week. I wish it was laid out so you just had your dinner leftovers for the next day lunch instead of stuffing your fridge with tons of leftovers and having some of them going bad.

Become a Member

Whether you are well on your plant-based path, or excited to get started, the 100+ irresistible recipes in this book, including Lemon Lentil Salad, Cheezy Broccoli Potato Soup, Maple Peanut Granola, and Chocolate Cookie Milk, will get you ready to embrace the power of being Fiber Fueled!

The Fiber Fueled Cookbook | Order Now! - The Plant Fed Gut

I have been on the fad diet train (Gluten/Dairy/Grain/Egg Free in various combinations) - largely for healing purposes - for years and I've had some good successes and have learned a lot along the way. After awhile, I began to question the validity of some of these diets as it pertains to diversity of food. Then, I went to Israel and ate my way through that beautiful country eating all of the bread I could get my mouth on...with no adverse reactions despite having been gluten free for many years. It got me thinking seriously about my gluten free status and questioning what I had learned and followed for so long. While it may have been wise for me to be gluten free for awhile, I clearly was not gluten intolerant. Enter sourdough....it's marvelous, amazing, fantastic and opened a whole new door in my dietary world and lead me to ask more and more questions about the variety in my diet which was significantly limited at times. What else could I actually tolerate that I had believed that I couldn't? I also liked that Bulsiewicz doesn't act like he knows what's best for the reader nor does he yell, preach, or tell you what to do. Rather he says here is the information, letting you decide for yourself (A+) and provides strategies/actionable things to do if you decide "okay I'll try THAT." He also gets personal and shares what he and his wife do exactly with some foods. Dr Will Bulsiewicz is an award-winning gastroenterologist and gut health expert. He's a graduate of Georgetown University School of Medicine and was chief medical resident at Northwestern Memorial Hospital and chief gastroenterology fellow at the University of North Carolina Hospitals. He's authored more than twenty articles in the top American gastroenterology journals and has been featured in Shape, Women's Health, Men's Health and on HuffPost. He lives in Charleston, South Carolina, with his wife and two children.

Fermented recipes

However, when your weight-loss stops and you're unhappy about it, stop overeating ;) To be fair, at the end of the book he talks very briefly about mindful eating and to avoid emotional eating/toxic hunger and doing the Japanese habit of eating to only 80% full/try IF. The good news? That means you get ~80,000 chances to make a great choice for your body and your life. Because research shows: Whether it’s digestion, metabolism, the immune system, or your mood — all thriving health begins in the gut. This book is the best overseas publication I have ever bought. Author explains very simply the process. The recipes are straightforward and can be prepared without much trouble. Usually ingredients they suggest are not available or too many. Eating a wide variety of whole plant foods is the path to a diverse, healthy, and thriving gut microbiome, which is a vital component of total health. In Fiber Fueled, Dr. B does an artful job weaving together facts, statistics, and clinical research findings in a thorough, easy to understand, and often humorous way. I learned so much about why and how a healthy microbiota creates body wide health and—most importantly—I learned how to use easy-to-access foods to nurture my microbiota. This is an incredible resource for anyone interested in evidence-based gut health. The New York Times bestselling plant-based plan to heal your gut with fibre and restore good health, from award-winning gastroenterologist Dr Will Bulsiewicz.

• Fruugo ID: 258392218-563234582
  • EAN: 764486781913
  • Sold by: Fruugo

Delivery & Returns

Fruugo

Address: UK
All products: Visit Fruugo Shop