The Ember Blade: A breathtaking fantasy adventure (The Darkwater Legacy)

£6.495
FREE Shipping

RRP: £12.99
Price: £6.495
£6.495 FREE Shipping

In stock

We accept the following payment methods

Description

I must admit that I did wonder whether I was going to last the distance when I started reading The Ember Blade. Though undeniably well-written, the initial set up felt like typically Tolkien-esque fare. So much of it was similar to things I’ve read many, many times before.

Just reread The Ember Blade again…. holding breath for No 2. Hoping you all all you love are safe and well. Jill Summer Clever and challenging, but also funny . . . The explosive finale has more than enough bang for anyone . . . a group forged in blood and betrayal, bonded by their oaths do what needs to be done against any and all odds' Goodreads reviewer, ⭐ ⭐ ⭐ ⭐ ⭐That break came along when I got the chance to write for a super awesome AAA videogame, and since the end of March that’s what I’ve been doing. Details will be forthcoming when I’m allowed to but for now that’s all I can give you. What that means is that I’ve got a lot less time to write the Ember Blade sequel, but in reality I was going so slowly anyway that it’s not made much difference to the overall progress. The difference is that before I was spending all day ploughing onward and generating a small amount of words and a lot of frustration; now I write joyous and swift whenever I get the chance. Man, I just finished the audiobook of the ember blade and I have to say it was amazing. It kept me on the edge of my seat the entire way through. The ending though was especially amazing and I was hanging on the edge of every word up until the final few sentences. Just wow. Great work. The Dreaded: The aptly named dreadknights are the Krodan Empire's most feared weapon, to the point that some people believe that their existence is a ruse to keep people in line. But they're all too real. Following Aren and Cade from Shoal Point on their incredible journey was gripping. They were wonderfully written, with depth and complexity.

And we’re also privy to the real purpose of the story: to obtain The Ember Blade before it is given, in an act of subjugation, to the Krodans. The last part of the book is a heist story, with the eclectic group attempting to get The Ember Blade from the hands of the Krodans and generate a revolution amongst the oppressed Ossians. Ghostly Goals: The ghosts that haunt Skavengard are very much of the Type B variety, given that they deliberately try to kill the protagonists or at least delay them enough that the Beast can get to them and devour them. My conclusion is that this story is probably “the prologue” to the real story, and that it should never have been written. Instead, everything in this book should have been implied and/or woven into the actual story, which is going to start much later. There is some very direct foreshadowing by a druidess about “something dark that is coming” that felt akin to the phenomenally poor foreshadowing that we’ve seen in the Justice League movies referencing the character of Darkseid. This is likely where the story is headed from here. It’s possible that the next part of the story is going to be incredibly awesome and actually epic, instead of whatever this was. A beginning like this has seriously scared me off though. Time for one of my hyper infrequent blog updates! Well, I’m about 20-odd chapters into the sequel to the Ember Blade, but a large chunk of time was spent upfront planning the whole thing so it’s not going quite as slowly as it might seem. That’s probably about one-fifth; I’m hoping it won’t be quite as long as its predecessor and certainly no longer, but who know what the gods of epic fantasy will decree? I’m also working on a ton of other stuff that as ever I can’t talk about just because.Hi Chris! I’ve just finished reading The Ember Blade. What an epic tale that was! I was instantly gripped! The characters, storyline and plot twists kept me engaged throughout so much that I just couldn’t put it down. The imagery of the world was incredibly real and I cannot wait for the next part of what is surely destined to be a breathtaking and record-breaking trilogy!

• Fruugo ID: 258392218-563234582
  • EAN: 764486781913
  • Sold by: Fruugo

Delivery & Returns

Fruugo

Address: UK
All products: Visit Fruugo Shop