The Keeper of Lost Things: The feel-good novel of the year

The Keeper of Lost Things: The feel-good novel of the year

RRP: £99
Price: £9.9
£9.9 FREE Shipping

In stock

We accept the following payment methods

Description

Normally, anything to do with ghosts sends me skittering away. But here, the “deceased diva” just adds a bit of humor and poignancy to the equation. An uplifting, enchanting and marvelously crafted escapist read with minimal fluff and maximum appeal. The Keeper of Lost Things is the perfect antidote for what ails us. As much a tale about the loss of things as people, love and even self, the threads that connect us and the kindness of strangers. This book was such a wonderful, delightful, quiet and heartwarming tale that I wish I would have loved a little bit more. My mind wandered quite a bit while reading this one and I had a hard time staying focused on this story but, I absolutely loved the ending & the premise of this story though!

Hogan has seamlessly plotted two separate stories, each just as entertaining, while weaving the imagined stories of the lost items throughout. She then added more than a few eccentrics, a feisty spirit and a sweet innocent by the name of Sunshine whom you will come to love, and gave us a story brimming with wit, wisdom and charm galore.A little context first: Laura was interviewing for the job as housekeeper/personal assistant. She fell in love with the house right away- the Padua. Anthony would later hire her. He became her employer and close friend for 40 years.

Accept the things to which fate binds you, and love the people with whom fate brings you together, but do so with all your heart.Once in-awhile a book comes along that feels a little lacy, dressy, decorous, cultivated, rosy, sweet, courteous, cordial, romantic, a little mysterious, quirky, touching, sad, humorous, warm, cozy, and loving. AND YOU’RE UP FOR THE TASK! That said, many of my book friends loved this one, and I can see why. I’d still recommend giving this a shot when you’re in the mood for a gentler read, if only to witness its generous amounts of creativity. Hope you enjoy!

• Fruugo ID: 258392218-563234582
  • EAN: 764486781913
  • Sold by: Fruugo

Delivery & Returns

Fruugo

Address: UK
All products: Visit Fruugo Shop