Delicate Condition

Delicate Condition

RRP: £99
Price: £9.9
£9.9 FREE Shipping

In stock

We accept the following payment methods

Description

Oh, well I planned to reincarnate into your baby, but then you miscarried, so I did a spell to make it live again, but now if I for sure don't reincarnate into the fetus then it will definitely come out "off"' s ɪᴠғ ᴘʀᴇɢɴᴀɴᴄʏ ᴊᴏᴜʀɴᴇʏ ᴛʜʀᴏᴜɢʜᴏᴜᴛ ɪs ғᴇᴀʀ ɪɴᴅᴜᴄɪɴɢ. ᴛʜᴀᴛ ɪs ᴡʜʏ ɪ ᴘᴜᴛ ᴛʜᴇ ᴛʀɪɢɢᴇʀ ᴡᴀʀɴɪɴɢ ʙᴇᴄᴀᴜsᴇ ɪғ ɪᴛ ᴀғғᴇᴄᴛᴇᴅ ᴍᴇ ʟɪᴋᴇ ᴛʜᴀᴛ - ɪ ᴄᴀɴ ᴏɴʟʏ ɪᴍᴀɢɪɴᴇ ʜᴏᴡ ᴍᴏᴍs ᴏʀ sᴏᴏɴ ᴛᴏ ʙᴇ ᴍᴏᴍs ᴏᴜᴛ ᴛʜᴇʀᴇ ᴡᴏᴜʟᴅ ғᴇᴇʟ ʀᴇᴀᴅɪɴɢ ᴛʜɪs. ᴅᴀɴɪᴇʟʟᴇ’s ᴡʀɪᴛɪɴɢ ɪs ʙʀɪʟʟɪᴀɴᴛ! sʜᴇ ᴍᴀᴋᴇs ʏᴏᴜ ғᴇᴇʟ ʟɪᴋᴇ ʏᴏᴜ ᴀʀᴇ ʟɪᴠɪɴɢ ᴇᴀᴄʜ ᴀɴᴅ ᴇᴠᴇʀʏ ᴍᴏᴍᴇɴᴛ ʜᴇʀ ᴄʜᴀʀᴀᴄᴛᴇʀ’s ᴇɴᴅᴜʀᴇ ᴀɴᴅ ᴀs ᴀ ʀᴇsᴜʟᴛ - ɪ sᴛᴀʏᴇᴅ ᴜᴘ ᴡᴀʏ ᴛᴏᴏ ʟᴀᴛᴇ ᴍᴀɴʏ ɴɪɢʜᴛs ᴀs ɪ ᴡᴀs ᴇᴀɢᴇʀ ᴛᴏ ғɪɢᴜʀᴇ ᴛʜɪɴɢs ᴏᴜᴛ!!! If you are squeamish, prepare yourself because things become downright grisly. However, if you can stomach it, this is well worth a read.

No matter what the responses to the book were, though, the author likely would never have stopped pursuing her love for writing about all things dark, strange, and unsettling. Her next work, a young adult novel out next summer, is a summer camp-set slasher that she describes as “ The Parent Trap meets Friday the 13th.” After that, she’ll be finishing up her next adult novel, a horror story that she’ll only tease revolves around cooking. Wherever Valentine goes, it seems, goosebumps follow — and she wouldn’t have it any other way. DELICATE CONDITION is centered around actress Anna Alcott and her struggle with getting pregnant. Her husband Dex and she are trying to get pregnant via IVF after countless struggles, but as Anna's career begins to blossom, she also finds that her journey at the fertility clinic has been a disaster. Her meetings have been cancelled, medicine for IVF procedures lost, Anna feels that someone is trying to sabotage her. When she starts believing that she's being stalked, Anna and Dex go into hiding in the Hamptons. Sadly, Anna suffers a miscarriage but she is convinced that she's still pregnant. In fact, she's beginning to show and is having unorthodox food cravings (to say the least). Anna knows that she's pregnant, but something sinister is also at play. Why won't anyone listen to Anna's concerns?For the most part, it was an addictive read. The dark themes were well-done, though the ending was mildly underwhelming. Before I start my review, I would like to begin by saying that there was nothing ‘delicate’ about this book. 😬 This was definitely different, and a little strange. But I couldn’t stop reading, because I had to know what happened next and of course how things would end. I didn't know this then, but the truth is, there is no such thing as an uncomplicated pregnancy. We all give something up in exchange for our babies. Nearly everyone on this planet was welcomed by the sounds of a woman screaming. Even the author herself wasn’t always sure what the answer was going to be. “There was a really big period of time where I didn’t know how it was going to end,” she admits. “Was I going to end it with: This is all in her head; this was all her imagining these symptoms being bigger? Or was it actually the supernatural or a monster or something like that? That was a question I really played with a lot.” We are drawn into the compelling world of Anna, a renowned actress who longs for nothing more than to have a baby. However, her fame proves to be a double-edged sword, as it attracts the unwanted attention of a relentless stalker determined to shatter Anna's dreams.

From the very first chapter, this book ensnared me, captivating me with its brilliance. The plot is nothing short of mindblowing, taking unexpected twists and turns that kept me on the edge of my seat throughout the journey. It is a masterful portrayal of ambition and adversity intertwining in a roller-coaster of emotions. The plot really worked with twists that made my head spin. The Push meets The Silent Patient in a gripping thriller that follows a woman convinced a sinister figure is going to great lengths to make sure her pregnancy never happens—while the men in her life refuse to believe a word she says. First of all, this book is nothing like The Silent Patient or The Push. The best, and most obvious, comparison would be Rosemary's Baby. Delicate Condition is the story of Anna, who finds that her wildest dreams are coming true all at once. Not only has she had a breakout film role that has the media buzzing about an Oscar, but she is also, finally, pregnant, after years of fertility treatments. But Anna still can't shake the feeling that something isn't right. Appointments are disappearing from her calendar, her medications are being tampered with, and she's certain she's being followed. When her doctors tell her she's had a miscarriage, Anna is devastated -- until she feels her baby move later that night. And then she starts to have disconcerting visions and strange cravings...I want to thank the author " Danielle Valentine", the publisher "Sourcebooks Landmark" and Netgalley for the opportunity to read this This story begins with Anna Victoria Alcott, a recently famous actress who is going through the IVF process to become pregnant. Anna and her husband Dex, feel that a baby would complete their marriage and give them the family they’ve been hoping for. During this time we also find out that Anna has an online stalker (I mean she is quite famous). Then someone breaks into their NY apartment. This is all too much for Anna and Dex, so they go and stay at a friend’s private beach house. Anna needs to take care of herself and the growing baby inside of her. While at this beach house, Anna starts to crave bizarre foods/meats, she develops a horrible rash on her body, her hair starts to fall out in clumps, she hears noises in the attic and outside her window, the baby moves and gives her sharp pains throughout her body. Nobody believes Anna, and isn’t there anyone out there who can help her? After it happens again, and again, she KNOWS she is still pregnant - but nobody believes her. Her doctors say it’s impossible; they’ve done ultrasounds to confirm the loss. Even Anna knows that she FELT her body release the child, but it’s still inside of her. Well, at least *something* is… While watching AHS " Delicate" I am enthralled so far how the show is following the book although I'm sure it will probably take it's own horrific spin in a few more episodes! I highly recommend not missing out on this crazy, good book!

I had to jump on the Delicate Condition bandwagon when I heard it was the basis for the next season of American Horror Story, so thanks to Dreamscape Media and NetGalley for the complimentary listening opportunity. Hillary Huber did an excellent job of narrating this creepy novel. Enter: Delicate Condition, Valentine’s heart-pounding and unputdownable 12th novel (which is soon to inspire the newest season of American Horror Story). Following Anna Alcott, an actress who’s filled with joy over her long-awaited pregnancy until she begins suspecting that someone (or some thing) may be doing everything in their power to stop her from having the baby, it’s one of the summer’s most propulsive thrillers. And while the possible supernatural force messing with Anna certainly adds some tension, the book’s biggest scares come from the (only slightly exaggerated) realities of being pregnant: both the often-uncomfortable physical changes as well as the burdensome mental toll. You know those children's books and programs where the kids think something evil is happening and from their perspective all the evidence seems legit? That's exactly what this book is for all the women characters involved. But then the end comes and everyone is happy and they have a good laugh because nothing was macabre or evil, it was all for the better if everyone. Ha ha ha silly woman shouldn't have felt afraid. Danielle Valentine's 2022 YA mystery/thriller, How to Survive Your Murder, was a very popular release and many thriller aficionados loved it, so I was really excited for her adult novel release, DELICATE CONDITION. When I first saw the cover, I thought "omg I need to read this", but when I heard it's the basis for Season 12 of American Horror Story, I definitely knew this needed to be prioritized. I usually steer away from stories involving the importance of pregnancy, but I trusted that if this book was good enough to be subject matter for one of my favorite shows, that it would be a fun time. Rachel Simon is a writer with work in The New York Times , Glamour , NBC News , Marie Claire , and many other outlets. Follow her @rachel_simon .

WOW! ALL RIGHT!! Delicate Condition was not at all what I was expecting! The synopsis compared this book to Silent Patient and The Push and that is extremely misleading. The Silent Patient is one of my all time favorite psychological thrillers and this book was more on the pregnancy HORROR genre. The only thing I found similar with The Push is the pregnancy aspect. If you are a fan of the horror genre then you might enjoy this one. Unfortunately, I do not consider horror in my wheelhouse of genres.😳😬 When I first read the synopsis, I wanted to read this, but I also wondered if it was going to be cheesy. Saying a book is like “The Push” and “The Silent Patient” is a very bold statement to make. In this case, it’s also a very true statement! Add a little bit of “Nightbitch” and “Motherthing”, and we get this crazy, yet somehow beautiful, story… When Anna finally gets pregnant, these interferences escalate but no one, including her husband, believes her. Still, they retreat to the Hamptons, only for things to take a more sinister turn. Overall, it was a slow paced, creepy horror read that will keep you reading until the very end. While I was invested and had to know how it would end I am thankful its over. Phew! 😮‍💨😅🤣 You may think you know where this is heading, but you'd be wrong. Whip smart and enjoyably gruesome

• Fruugo ID: 258392218-563234582
  • EAN: 764486781913
  • Sold by: Fruugo

Delivery & Returns

Fruugo

Address: UK
All products: Visit Fruugo Shop