Careless Love

Careless Love

RRP: £99
Price: £9.9
£9.9 FREE Shipping

In stock

We accept the following payment methods

Description

French album certifications – Madeleine Peyroux – Careless Love" (in French). Syndicat National de l'Édition Phonographique . Retrieved November 20, 2020. a b Gaby Wood (July 9, 2006). "That's why the lady sings the blues". The Guardian . Retrieved November 18, 2023. Haller, Val (March 20, 2013). "If You Like Billie Holiday, Try Madeleine Peyroux". The New York Times . Retrieved May 15, 2016. FILE: 03 - Madeleine Peyroux - Don’t Wait Too Long (Live At Festival de Jazz de Vitoria-Gasteiz _ 2005).flac

All except noted: "Discography Madeleine Peyroux". australian-charts.com . Retrieved September 6, 2022. Musician Madeleine Peyroux (Vocal) @ All About Jazz". Allaboutjazz.com. Archived from the original on June 19, 2012 . Retrieved December 22, 2012. FILE: 06 - Madeleine Peyroux - J’ai Deux Amours (Live At Festival de Jazz de Vitoria-Gasteiz _ 2005).flac But her expressive reach also embraced songs made famous by Bessie Smith (“Don’t Cry Baby”), Billie Holiday (“No More,” “I’ll Look Around”), and Josephine Baker (“J’ai Deux Amours”). The record also showcased the original song “Don’t Wait Too Long,” co-written by Jesse Harris, known for his work with Norah Jones and Melody Gardot, which became her signature hit. Peyroux herself is in top, mature form on Careless Love,” writes Kahn, “an apotheosis of that hushed, one-to-one affect she inherited from the likes of Billie Holiday, a stylistic bequest. By 2004, her way of conveying confessional expression was truly her own. She had developed an updated rhythmic pliability and an emotional depth that could explore the complexities lying beneath the surface of the songs.” Gold and platinum garlands

On The Go

Released eight years after her debut, Careless Love marked a new chapter for the then-30-year-old Peyroux. Born in Athens, GA to bohemian parents, Peyroux spent her teenage years in Paris, where she found herself entranced by the city’s busking musicians. By 15, the precocious singer was performing alongside them in the city’s Latin Quarter and soon dropped out of high school to tour Europe full-time. When she returned to the States in her 20s, Peyroux settled in New York, where she was discovered — and promptly signed — by Atlantic Records’ Yves Beauvais, who co-produced her 1996 debut, Dreamland. For the next year, Peyroux spent much of her time on the road in support of Careless Love, recording the majority of her shows from the soundboard. Among these dates is a standout set from Spain’s Vitoria-Gasteiz Jazz Festival, captured by Basque Public Radio on July 15, 2005. “You can hear how much fun we’re having, and the people sound really happy,” Peyroux reflects in the liner notes. “I think I was pretty nervous, playing in such a prestigious festival in one of these daunting, historic-looking places that was so large. At the time, a venue holding 2000 was a lot for me.”

a b "How Madeleine Peyroux's hit vocal career started on the streets". The Smith Center. April 13, 2018 . Retrieved November 18, 2023. Madeleine and her four-piece band (pianist/keyboard player, drummer, bass player and guitarist, who I thought looked a bit like country singer Lyle Lovett) came to out to an enthusiastic reception, the singer looking chic in velvet trousers, blazer and a silk scarf. Ultratop.be – Madeleine Peyroux – Careless Love" (in French). Hung Medien. Retrieved October 17, 2020. a b "Gold-/Platin-Datenbank (Madeleine Peyroux; 'Careless Love ')" (in German). Bundesverband Musikindustrie . Retrieved November 20, 2020.FILE: 02 - Madeleine Peyroux - Don’t Cry Baby (Live At Festival de Jazz de Vitoria-Gasteiz _ 2005).flac Australiancharts.com – Madeleine Peyroux – Careless Love". Hung Medien. Retrieved October 17, 2020. In 2013 a New York Times music writer compared her vocal style to that of Billie Holiday, Ella Fitzgerald, and Edith Piaf. [16] Her song "A Prayer" appeared in the television show Deadwood (2005), and her version of "J'ai deux amours" was included in the film Diplomacy (2014). [17] Discography [ edit ] Solo [ edit ] Albums and details

Selected items are only available for delivery via the Royal Mail 48® service and other items are available for delivery using this service for a charge. Ultratop.be – Madeleine Peyroux – Careless Love" (in Dutch). Hung Medien. Retrieved October 17, 2020.

Track list

DR11 -0.52 дБ -14.41 дБ 4:39 04-You’re Gonna Make Me Lonesome When You Go (Live At Festival de Jazz de Vitoria-Gasteiz / 2005) FILE: 12 - Madeleine Peyroux - Careless Love (Live At Festival de Jazz de Vitoria-Gasteiz _ 2005).flac When she was thirteen, Peyroux's parents divorced, and she moved with her mother to Paris. Two years later she began singing with street musicians in the Latin Quarter. She joined a vintage jazz group called the Riverboat Shufflers, then The Lost Wandering Blues and Jazz Band, with whom she toured Europe. [1] [5] Discovery and breakthrough [ edit ]

FILE: 04 - Madeleine Peyroux - You’re Gonna Make Me Lonesome When You Go (Live At Festival de Jazz de Vitoria-Gasteiz _ 2005).flac While Peyroux was introduced as a jazz artist, her influences spanned far beyond one genre — and the compositions selected for Careless Love showcased this versatility. From inspired interpretations of songs by Elliot Smith (‘Between the Bars’), Leonard Cohen (‘Dance Me to the End of Love’), and Hank Williams (‘Weary Blues’), to more traditional fare made famous by Bessie Smith (‘Don’t Cry Baby’), Billie Holiday (‘No More,’‘I’ll Look Around’), and Josephine Baker (‘J’ ai Deux Amours’), Careless Love offered something for every music fan. In 2004, the release of Peyroux's planned second album was delayed because of her vocal problems. [12] These were attributed to over-use of her voice as a result of intensive touring. [13] After discovering a cyst on her vocal cords, she needed surgery, and attempted to recover by re-training her voice. [12] She stated that it took years to rebuild her voice, and she considered giving up singing. [13] All About Jazz hailed Careless Love as “a moody, haunting masterpiece” and “a whale of a record. Peyroux’s voice is amazing — grainy, intimate, and unaffected.” No Depression noted that “a more self-defined Peyroux sound emerges — smooth, circling around midrange notes, energized, and built on her own smart reading of the lyric, not anyone else’s patterns.” The Guardian praised its “classily produced and coolly graceful set,” as well as its “intelligent choice of terrific songs.”

Statistics

DR10 -0.32 дБ -12.05 дБ 5:48 03-Don’t Wait Too Long (Live At Festival de Jazz de Vitoria-Gasteiz / 2005) I can’t tell you how grateful I am that we found this recording. For me, it represents the way I understood these songs at that time, how I was making music when I made Careless Love. It’s been more than fifteen years since that record came out, and I don’t think I’ve done a single concert that didn’t include at least two or three songs from it, and sometimes more. I think I’ve sung ‘Dance Me to the End of Love’ at every show. It’s part of me now.”

• Fruugo ID: 258392218-563234582
  • EAN: 764486781913
  • Sold by: Fruugo

Delivery & Returns

Fruugo

Address: UK
All products: Visit Fruugo Shop