PreSonus ATOM SQ, hybrid MIDI Keyboard / Pad Performance and Production Controller with Studio One Artist, Ableton Live Lite and Studio Magic recording software bundle

£89.5
FREE Shipping

PreSonus ATOM SQ, hybrid MIDI Keyboard / Pad Performance and Production Controller with Studio One Artist, Ableton Live Lite and Studio Magic recording software bundle

RRP: £179.00
Price: £89.5
£89.5 FREE Shipping

In stock

We accept the following payment methods

Description

SQ isn't a 99 dollar 'toy' product, is a 225USD cost product to make music with and I can't even use it for composing anything. My Atom 16-pad has one bad knob after 2 hrs of use. Someone at PreSonus needs to step up their game and be responsive if they are truly concerned about how their products are received. I know it's a challenge to get a sophisticated (mechanical / electrical) product out the door and still have room for profit. But, at a minimum, if users and testers see constant Double Triggers in midi notes, then: do something about it (don't ignore it and make believe it's not happening). I know SQ is cool for (non-mouse) DAW Navigation and Knobs for Parameters, but is anyone actually using the SQ pads for keyboard playing or drumming ??

If you agree that it’s crucial to have assignable MIDI buttons, please vote for this issue here. Let the octaves go below 0 As a matter of fact, I think they get an A+ and did a top notch job on the SQ design, materials and components -- that's why I am so bummed about how hard those pads have to be hit. plus -- it's difficult to be "expressive" when needing to hit everything 2 or 3x harder than my natural touch.

Customer Added Media

there's a lot about SQ that is designed really / really well -- and I hope it succeeds everywhere (Live, Logic, Bitwig, S1) etc. The Launchkey X or the Maschine Mikro Mk3 and the Presonus Atom. (I might be inclined to include the Presonus Atom SQ but it's not yet supported by Bitwig natively or Moss.)

For a MIDI controller or a pad, the weight, length and other dimensions are not much important, but if we consider it as a portable device, then the size plays a very important role. . The idea is simple, both the devices are portable and really lightweight to use. Atom has a height of 20.75 mm, depth of 195 mm, width of 202 mm, weight of about 0.45 kg. Atom SQ seems a little massive than Atom having a height of 25 mm, depth of 172 mm, width of 362 mm, Atop the touch strip are eight encoders, all of which feel chunky and robust, and have just the right amount of resistance so that they feel good under the fingers. When the unit is initially connected to Studio One or Live, these encoders will be preconfigured for common functions But they are otherwise freely assignable. If i do NOTE FX as described at 4% in the quote, having set Velocity to SOFT in SETUP and if i try to write a song, the harder to press pads and sometimes all of them no longer register properly the notes that would normally be triggered when the system considered registering at 3.9% !

Wherever sound takes you...

Ableton Live integration makes producing, playing virtual instruments, and triggering samples and loops expressive, flexible, and fun Moreover the pads themselves are not equally easy or hard to trigger, some of them trigger more easily and others seem to be much stubborn. Can you also confirm this ? The current velocity settings are useless for melodies because with normal playing (not to break fingers on the pads) it registers :

That means i have to press even harder despite having set the SOFT Velocity setting from SETUP to even register a note. If you're considering Maschine just to control S1, in my opinion the Atom integration with Impact is way more useful than the overall state of Komplete Kontrol these days. I don't know if I'd call the Atom a "proper control surface for S1", though, that's more the Faderport series. I use my Atom for the transport, tap tempo, and loop movement, but all mixing and automation is better suited to the Faderport. The Atom and Atom SQ can't really do any mixing that adapts to the currently-viewed channel. This device, as is the case with many different items from PreSonus, comes with a 1-year limited warranty on most aspects of the controller. Price Tag For Bitwig, this is an easy choice. Luanchpad X is already compatible, unlike the Atom, and Novation have a good reputation for keeping their hardware compatible over the years, unlike NI. One would have thought that 'musician owners' want to do good in this world. Corporate bureaucracy and incompetence seems to have won out here.

Removing velocity under 4% such as 3.9% (which is minimum it registers) makes you miss some of the notes as i stated. Knobs – The knobs on the ATOM SQ are also completely customizable. You can use them to alter the pitch, velocity, or frequency of the different notes that you are playing so that you get the sound that you desire. These knobs are designed so that they can be rotated endlessly. This makes it that much easier to find the perfect sound that you desire. That is similar to what I'm feeling as well, and I've also noticed less double triggers if I aim for the edge/corners of the pads. It's not exactly a workaround for many reasons, like you said, especially when you are not looking at the pads. The Atom SQ sports 32 velocity- and pressure- sensitive fingertip-sized RGB LED pads. The pads feel solid, not squishy, and are configured in two rows and slightly offset from each other like on a piano keyboard. To the left of the top row of pads, there are two smaller + and – buttons for pitch bending and octave up/down duties. Above the top row of pads is an assignable touch strip that features small LEDs to indicate the value of the parameter to which it’s assigned. The touch strip can be used for modulation, pitch bending, channel volume and more. i think their might be a technological limitation on how these pads (rubber) work - physics - whereby there can easily be some 'bounce' in the pads with the top of our fingers - and that the pads might indeed be super sensitive

• Fruugo ID: 258392218-563234582
  • EAN: 764486781913
  • Sold by: Fruugo

Delivery & Returns

Fruugo

Address: UK
All products: Visit Fruugo Shop