Lady's Well: A DCI Ryan Mystery (The DCI Ryan Mysteries)

£4.495
FREE Shipping

RRP: £8.99
Price: £4.495
£4.495 FREE Shipping

In stock

We accept the following payment methods

Description

As a long-time connoisseur of stottie cakes, he knows where to procure one as readily as he knows where to find an elusive informant. I was left feeling that it was only two-thirds of a book, clearly meant to keep you hanging on for the next instalment. This is probably a matter of personal taste, but I disliked the constant references to Trump, Liz Truss, TikTok, influencers, etc. Finance is provided by PayPal Credit (a trading name of PayPal UK Ltd, Whittaker House, Whittaker Avenue, Richmond-Upon-Thames, Surrey, United Kingdom, TW9 1EH).

I feel like the first few books had a bit more grit and interesting crimes to solve, whereas now the main focus is on the relationships between the characters with a very thinly plotted mystery in the background. It makes you want to visit Northumberland and immerse yourself in the world described so well by the author. At Books2Door, we believe that reading is a fundamental skill that every child should have to help improve their vocabulary, grammar, and critical thinking skills.However, the rest of it seemed lacking somehow – every other thread outside of the mystery was left hanging. With no apparent motive, it’s their job to unravel why he was murdered - and this time they’re forced to do it without their star detective.

When I settle down with these stories I feel like I’m just catching up with some old friends, they’re absolutely wonderful characters and having learnt so much about them along the journey of these mysteries, I feel like I actually know them. Accusations abound in the small close-knit community, and ‘old’ religions spar against ‘new’ while fear runs like wildfire through the streets.The death of one of the locals isn’t as clear cut as everyone seems to think and it’s great seeing the team working together as the case gets more twisted and complicated. By completing your purchase, you agree to Audible's Conditions of Use and authorise Audible to charge your designated card or any other card on file.

Favourite songs: Make it With You (Bread); Thunderstruck (AC/DC); Heroes (David Bowie); Eye of the Tiger (Survivor); Paint it Black (Rolling Stones); Born to Run (Bruce Springsteen); Pride (U2); Alive (Pearl Jam); Dangerzone (Kenny Loggins) and anything by Puccini or Miles Davis.Accusations abound in the small, close-knit community, and 'old' religions spar against 'new' while fear runs like wildfire through the streets. When the ancient waters of Ladys Well in the rural village of Holystone begin to run red, it seems to be a nasty Halloween prank and nothing more. The Cove" (the first book in her new Summer Suspense Mysteries series) was released in 2021 and followed up by "The Creek" in 2022. In this instalment we see the ongoing development of the relationships between Ryan and Anna, Frank and Denise and Mel and Jack. Accusations abound in the small, close-knit community, and ‘old’ religions spar against ‘new’ while fear runs like.

Trading Address (Warehouse) Unit E, Vulcan Business Complex, Vulcan Road, Leicester, Leicestershire, LE5 3EB.

As I said, these are all there, but they seem to be somewhat eclipsed - or at least interrupted - by references to tedious aspects of modern life. The prologue gives a hint as to what the team will be caught up in but as ever there is so much more going on and things are not quite as simple as they first appear.

• Fruugo ID: 258392218-563234582
  • EAN: 764486781913
  • Sold by: Fruugo

Delivery & Returns

Fruugo

Address: UK
All products: Visit Fruugo Shop