Leila and the Blue Fox: An enthralling, uplifting adventure story from the creators of JULIA AND THE SHARK

£6.495
FREE Shipping

Leila and the Blue Fox: An enthralling, uplifting adventure story from the creators of JULIA AND THE SHARK

RRP: £12.99
Price: £6.495
£6.495 FREE Shipping

In stock

We accept the following payment methods

Description

There is balm for the soul, fire for the belly, a cooling compress for the fevered brow, solace for the wounded, an arm around the lonely shoulder - the whole collection is a matchless compound of hug, tonic and kiss' Stephen FrySometimes only a poem will do.

Here are childhood favourites and neglected masters, twenty-first century wits and national treasures, Man Booker Prize winners and Nobel Laureates. Alongside being a delightful tale of travel and families, the book also touches on immigration and refugee routes. Leila has been living in London with her aunt and cousin since migrating to Englad from Syria, she is missing her mum so goes to visit her in Norway for the summer. Throughout this story, we are able to see the journey of a child getting to reconnect with her mother and the development in their relationship, as well getting taken on the journey of a young artic fox, forced to journey thousands of miles to ensure their survival.When I read Julia and the Whale in January this year, I was instantly captivated by the visuals and the emotional narrative.

Beautiful and moving, Leila and the Blue Fox delicately explores themes of migration, freedom and belonging, through a captivating tale that glistens with wonder. The fox will leave a deep trace in Leila’s deep and kind soul and become a symbol of more valuable things. A really touching story following Syrian born Leila as she joins her mother on an expedition to track a rare blue fox. Migration can be caused by war, famine, drought, tsunami, rejection, anything… as Leila’s mum says, “migration is necessary for survival.Kiran Millwood Hargrave is a poet, playwright and novelist, writing for adults and children on a variety of subjects. The aspects of motherhood are explored in Leila's reaction and relationship to the separation from her family in London - Hargraves wants us to see the definition of family and mother/daughter as something changeable in a positive way. It is a fantastic read, which brought a tear to my eye, and will leave me talking about it until the author and illustrator release their next wonderful book together. The landscapes are further animated by the artwork from Tom de Freston, whose handsome illustrations capture the reader’s imagination.

• Fruugo ID: 258392218-563234582
  • EAN: 764486781913
  • Sold by: Fruugo

Delivery & Returns

Fruugo

Address: UK
All products: Visit Fruugo Shop