Any Man

Any Man

RRP: £99
Price: £9.9
£9.9 FREE Shipping

In stock

We accept the following payment methods

Description

They become victims of the vicious, catty, fucking evil social media twenty four hour "news" cycle zeitgeist. Chapters vary in form, with the closest well-known comparisons being Mark Danielewski’s “House of Leaves” or Jennifer Egan’s “A Visit From the Goon Squad. What’s most shocking about these is how predictable tweets are, and also: how absolutely banal the ally sentiments and how vicious the attacks. I loved the writing style, at one point I forgot this was fiction, needless to say I was very impressed with Amber Tamblyn. This is the story of five men, all of whom have been the victim of an anonymous serial rapist known as Maude.

Any Man – HarperCollins

and Paint It BlackVanity Fair's Summer Ultimate Fiction ListEntertainment Weekly Summer Preview ListIn this electric and provocative debut novel, Tamblyn blends genres of poetry, prose, and elements of suspense to give shape to the shocking narratives of victims of sexual violence, mapping the destructive ways in which our society perpetuates rape culture. She has appeared on numerous episodes of Comedy Central's Inside Amy Schumer, including the "Milk Milk Lemonade" sketch which aired in 2015. You live within the characters as they speak; you watch the news, you read the tweets, you see the texts. For the book's publication launch in 2015, Tamblyn and the band Yo La Tengo created an hour long poetry and music show incorporating poems from Tamblyn's book. I live in a world that has told me and my sisters for generation upon generation that we are lesser.It is an honest, rational look at the way society has conditioned us to approach sexual assault and sexual assault victims. Most recently she wrote and directed the feature film, "Paint it Black", based on the novel by Janet Fitch, starring Alia Shawkat, Janet McTeer and Alfred Molina, currently on Netflix.

Any Man by Amber Tamblyn | Goodreads Any Man by Amber Tamblyn | Goodreads

Perhaps Tamblyn's intention was simply to get eyeballs on the page - or male eyeballs that wouldn't normally bother with a book about rape? How women feel about our history, our progress and what still holds us back, and how the things that happen to us don't matter until it happens to a man. Contentious material about living persons that is unsourced or poorly sourced must be removed immediately from the article and its talk page, especially if potentially libelous. Her male victims all face feelings of shame and alienation as they recount their stories to the police. Honestly, when I realized that Amber Tamblyn was the author, that's the moment I decided to take a chance on Any Man.This is the story of a monstrous woman made from the darkness inside all of us, a woman who meets patriarchy head-on and shreds it, leaving men traveling the journey that women must make every day of their lives--not the hero’s journey, but the victim’s. For people who have suffered violent sexual crimes, proof—the very act of proving—is more than just a burden. Each victim was intended to hair his own voice and narrative, but all the voices and stories blended together. how these situations occur and then she takes us further in showing how society and the media help to perpetuate the rape culture in America.

Any Man ‹ Literary Hub

Although the attacks are a huge part of the story, we begin to see the MCs start the beginning stages of healing. In her first novel, poet Tamblyn ( Bang Ditto) nimbly flips the usual dynamic of sexual predation, writing about a female serial rapist who preys on men. There are even crude pen-and-ink illustrations accompanying some chapters, suggesting a little Lynda Barry or Kelly Link inside.Or just regret the whole incident the next morning, when he woke up covered in blood that was not his own?

Any Man Download - OceanofPDF [PDF] [EPUB] Any Man Download - OceanofPDF

Also carve out the time to read this book cover to cover because once you start, you won't be able to put it down.Her new anthology, Listening in the Dark (Park Row Books), is a reclamation of the power of women's intuition which features essays from such powerhouses as Amy Poehler, Jia Tolentino, Congresswoman Ayanna Pressley, and many more. Tamblyn said she was nearly struck by a van driven by a Hasidic Jewish man while walking with her daughter in a stroller.

• Fruugo ID: 258392218-563234582
  • EAN: 764486781913
  • Sold by: Fruugo

Delivery & Returns

Fruugo

Address: UK
All products: Visit Fruugo Shop