Shall We Tell the President?

Shall We Tell the President?

RRP: £99
Price: £9.9
£9.9 FREE Shipping

In stock

We accept the following payment methods

Description

Edward liked that part of the speech. It expressed so well his own feelings. He had wondered, though, whether the audience would respond with the same enthusiasm as they had greeted Florentyna's flights of rhetoric in the past. The thunderous applause assaulting his ears in wave after wave reassured him. The magic was still working. Good. Why don't you run my day as usual? Don't worry about me, I'll just follow your instructions. What do you want me to do first?" In the first edition, a plot to kill the President of the United States, Edward Kennedy, is foiled by Federal Bureau of Investigation agent Mark Andrews working with the head of the FBI. A love story complicates the plot. The book includes descriptive details of official Washington, for which the author lists sources. So here I was, thinking I was reading a book written in 1977 and thinking what a wonderful political gamer Archer was with some of the events he thought might happen in the near future. Then the prognostications went a step too far--too close to events that actually happened in the early 1980; this book just could not have been written in 1977. I was not reading the 1977 version that I read and loved so many years ago and still have on my bookshelf--and the version that I thought I was buying because honestly, it has been so long since I read the book that I could not remember who the President was in that version. H. Stuart Knight hated things that didn't run on schedule, and today nothing had been on time. Everybody was going to be at least thirty minutes late for the lunch.

Good. Why don’t you run my day as usual? Don’t worry about me, I’ll just follow your instructions. What do you want me to do first?’ I love Jeffrey Archer’s books and have read several of them. This was written decades ago and can still compete with the more sophisticated books of the present. Trotz des geringen Umfangs wird Marks Charakter sehr präzise gezeichnet und auch über sein Privatleben, was bei FBI-Agenten eh nicht sonderlich üppig ist, erfahren wir eine Menge. The two ex-Presidents came through the tunnel smiling. For the first time the older President was looking his age, his hair seemed to have turned grey overnight. Once again, he and Florentyna went through the formality of shaking hands with one another; they were to do it seven times that day. The chief usher guided them through a small reception room on to the platform. For this, as for all Presidential inaugurations, a temporary platform had been erected on the east steps of the Capitol. The crowds rose and cheered for over a minute as the President and the ex-Presidents waved; finally they sat in silence and waited for the ceremony to begin.

Create a new list

and will to the best of my ability, preserve, protect and defend the Constitution of the United States. So help me God.’ When she rose that morning, Florentyna wasted no time in selecting a blue dress from her wardrobe. She pinned on the tiny brooch her first husband, Richard, had given her just before he had died. Gun related violence continues unabated in the US and gun control laws are not likely to see the light of day,despite all the massacres that have taken place. I wish it would rain,’ confided H. Stuart Knight, the head of the Secret Service, to his aide; it was also one of the most important days of his life. ‘I know the vast majority of people are harmless, but these occasions give me the jitters.’

The main problem in all this is that the agent who has all the inside information is a rookie and rookies, as everyone knows, talk a lot of BS.The President's press secretary shuddered, for she knew only too well that the battle in the House over the next two years was likely to be every bit as vicious and hard-fought as the Civil War Lincoln had faced. So many people still regarded the possession of arms as their inalienable birthright. She only prayed that it all would not end the same way, as a House Divided. Absolutely--I'd change the title which is misleading--this is NOT a Kane & Able Book3--any fans of Archer's knows the 2 Kane & Able books and this is not a continuation or remotely related. Was this just a cheap ploy to gain readership? Shame on you. I'd change the reader--this is not a book to be read by a woman--it sounds like a kids fairytale and you can't take the plot seriously. She performed well but this book should be read by a man--sorry--not a chauvinist, but it's a fact.

The FBI investigates thousands of false threats every year. This time, a reliable source has tipped them off about an assassination attempt. One hour later, the informant and all but one of the investigating agents are dead. The lone survivor: FBI Special Agent Mark Andrews. Now, only he knows when the killers will strike. But how can he alone unravel a ruthless conspiracy—in less than one week? The race to save the first woman president begins now… When the three-hour-long parade was finally over and the last float had disappeared down the avenue, Janet Brown, Florentyna Kane's Chief of Staff, leaned over and asked the President what she would like to do between now and the first Inaugural Ball. Der Abschlussband der Kain und Abel Trilogie dreht sich um ein den FBI-Agenten Mark Andrews. Dieser erfährt von einem Anschlag auf die Präsidentin Florentyna Kane. Wird es ihm gelingen die Schuldigen zu finden und das Attentat zu verhindern? Some of those at the luncheon were already members of her cabinet, and everyone present had played some part in returning her to the White House. PDF / EPUB File Name: Shall_We_Tell_the_President__-_Jeffrey_Archer.pdf, Shall_We_Tell_the_President__-_Jeffrey_Archer.epubShe performed well but the type of book she should be reading. Her impressions of males were terrible. If you are going to have a woman read this type of book, then have them just read it straight out and not try to imitate a deeper male voice. I’ll be working on my papers until eleven,’ she told him. He nodded and left to prepare himself for the day ahead. The "last presidential assassination of John F. Kennedy" was read as though this was not his first assassination.

• Fruugo ID: 258392218-563234582
  • EAN: 764486781913
  • Sold by: Fruugo

Delivery & Returns

Fruugo

Address: UK
All products: Visit Fruugo Shop