Hifold by Mifold - High Back Travel Car Booster Seat - Safe and Portable Folding Child Car Seat - Adjustable for Growing Kids - Lightweight - Group 2/3 15-45 kg (4-12 years), Slate Grey

£9.9
FREE Shipping

Hifold by Mifold - High Back Travel Car Booster Seat - Safe and Portable Folding Child Car Seat - Adjustable for Growing Kids - Lightweight - Group 2/3 15-45 kg (4-12 years), Slate Grey

RRP: £99
Price: £9.9
£9.9 FREE Shipping

In stock

We accept the following payment methods

Description

Press the small buttons on the green tabs then push the green tabs down and rotate the shoulder sides inwards. The BubbleBum is the travel product our family has used most, hands down (see my complete BubbleBum review). We’ve had one since my daughter reached booster age and height. She used until her 10th birthday on all of our travels (when she finally hit 4’9” and could now go without!). My son has used the newer design of this very same product regularly when we rent cars or take Uber/Lyft at our air travel destinations.

The Urban Kanga is only 3 kg urbankanga.com/en/car-seats/ and doesn't require isofix, but goes only up to 4 years I have seen many, many seat belt fit pictures of the original mifold. In about 80% of them, the lap belt fit is not one I’d be comfortable with for my own child or the kids I help as a CPST. In the remaining 20% it’s ok, but rarely in an ideal range unless the child is close to passing the “5 step test” to stop using a booster seat (around age 10-12). Since your child might not be quite in the weight/height region for booster seats just yet, what about a lightweight standard type car seat? Something like Britax Eclipse (which is additionally plane approved) or Joie Steadi (which has a rear facing option). These are cheaper than most of the folding options so it might not matter that you'll only get a couple of years out of it. Or even the cheaper generic/own brand type supermarket seats by Nania etc - these tend to be pretty flimsy, and average to low on the performance end, but they are light, seatbelt fitted, cheap to buy and they score better than the Urban Kanga. Something like Nania Racer SP or Nania I-Max SP

SUBSCRIBE FORM

It's been tested twice as two separate models. The crash test of the original model was downgraded because the top tether hook touched the head of the dummy and they felt this was a risk; the actual performance was 1 point better - 2.3 for frontal, which is a very good score in this category. As you can see, the performance is even better in the newer model. 1.9 for a harnessed seat is fantastic. The crash test rating is not good; the side impact protection is basically nothing at all (more of a problem for this age group which is why it gets a worse score) and they rate it with a high risk of making an error while using, which is a problem, because if it's not fitted correctly then it's likely to perform worse even than this already not-great score.

If you’re shopping for a 3-5 year old, you’re probably also considering the Ride Safer Travel Vest ( full review here). The Ride Safer has the advantage that the top tether keeps even wiggly/sleepy kids from bending or slouching out of place. The vest is also a fraction of the size. Mifold Car Booster Seat Child holding a mini car booster seat in Tenerife Our experience with MiFold Car Booster Seat The seat has a belt positioner, similar in design to the crotch strap you'd get on a three- or five-point harness, and it's designed to help position the seatbelt across the hip bones and ensure that the delicate abdominal area is protected in a crash. It's possible to buy seats that combine one or more groups, for example group 0+/1, 0-18kg, 40-105cm, or from birth to around four-and-a-half-years old. These are known as multi-group or combination seats. Models we've tested include the Maxi-Cosi Jade + 3wayFix, Joie i-Level, Jane iMatrix + iPlatform and Britax Romer Baby-Safe2 i-Size.

The Skinny

As well as capable of folding down, the hifold is also completely adjustable to suit the child, with 243 individual settings. The three areas that adjust are the seat width, body width and head width with three settings each, and the height which has nine settings! Again, these are adjusted by pushing or turning the green buttons. If you’re riding in a car with adjustable head restraints, be sure to move it up so that your child has full support at least to the tops of the ears (but ideally to the top of the head). mifold review: seatbelt fit So on the young end, who should be using the hifold? I’d put it at 5 years old. That’s when most kids are truly ready to ride in a booster seat. In an era when many child safety experts recommend keeping kids rear-facing until 4 years old, it’s reasonable to use a forward-facing harness for a year or two after that.

• Fruugo ID: 258392218-563234582
  • EAN: 764486781913
  • Sold by: Fruugo

Delivery & Returns

Fruugo

Address: UK
All products: Visit Fruugo Shop