NGK # 6418 Iridium Spark Plugs BKR6EIX - 4 PCS NEW

NGK # 6418 Iridium Spark Plugs BKR6EIX - 4 PCS NEW

RRP: £36.56
Price: £18.28
£18.28 FREE Shipping

In stock

We accept the following payment methods

Description

For recommendations as to which plug to choose read this: http://www.audi-sport.net/vb/new-a3...-recommendations-s3-8p-2-0t-oem-modified.html BKR6EIX (NGK-6148) a.k.a Iridium IX - This is pregapped at .032 and should be adjusted only with a professional adjusting tool. The circle type gap tools can break the fine point on the iridium tip. This is a single ground electrode plug. Designed specifically for the performance enthusiast Iridium IX offers extreme ignitability, improved throttle response and superior anti fouling.

Do we need to be saved from our own stupidity or are there sound economic reasons to be so meekly 'managed' by manufacturers? The heat range numbers used by spark plug manufacturers are generally the higher the number, the colder the plug.

News:

The spark plug can help maintain the optimum combustion chamber temperature, when a spark plug is referred to as a “cold plug” it is one that transfers heat rapidly from the firing tip into the engine cylinder head, which keeps the firing tip cooler. A “hot plug” has a much slower rate of heat transfer, which keeps the firing tip hotter. NGK BKR6EIX Iridium Spark Plugs offer an enhanced spark over the standard items, and are a 'cooler' running plug than standard plugs on 2.0 Turbo Z20LEx models. NGK Iridium 6 (BKR6EIX) - Recommended OEM temperature grade (in car for 15k on Revo Stg 1 - no issues, removed for stage 2) Logan Petrol Saloon 1.6 16V (LS09, LS0L, LS0M, LS0P, LS0V, LS18, LS1S, LS1V,... 1598cc 77KW 105HP K4M 690;K4M 694;K4M 696;K4M 697;K4M 698

BERU Ultra The brand name spark plug in uncompromising OEM quality! Al well-known international car manufacturers use Beru spark plugs and glow plugs in their vehicles. To retain this high quality level when servicing and repairing gasoline engines, we re My point is that a coil in those days would charge to about 20,000v before discharge and one of the advantages of electronic ignition was the much higher ignition coil voltage which meant you could run much wider plug gaps. The reason for this was the low gap and the high voltage meant that the point at which the spark became a flame was lower ie: lower revs. at 10000rpm a plug needs to put out a individual defined spark about 42 times per second and the smaller the gap the more likely the spark becomes a flame. Things are better today because in days gone by and engine would have 2 sets of points for 4 cylinders so the plugs would fire twice a rev once at BDC and once at TDC near enough so the plugs were firing at 80 times per second. A copper core in the ground electrode of every LPG Laserline spark plug improves the temperature discharge, which helps to regulate the higher temperatures in gas-powered engines. A specially developed insulator protects these spark plugs from fouling when being used on regular petrol. NGK Iridium 7 (BKR7EIX) - One steps colder (In car for 6k on Revo Stage 2, changed for 2+, no issues other than electrode discolouration causing concern) Megane Petrol MPV 1.6 16V 1598cc 79KW 107HP K4M 700;K4M 701;K4M 704;K4M 706;K4M 707;K4M 708;K4M 709;K4M 712I know that there are other choices than NGK however I do not have the correct part numbers / advantages / disadvantages again anyone else have more info ? Question 4: is although the Iridium is seen to be the performance spark plug, the fitting of the Iridium spark plug itself will not give any power performance gain, many people report, that when they changed from Platinum to Iridium, they felt a livelier throttle response, in fact what you will have done is simply, renew old tired spark plugs with fresh new spark plugs, the ignition system now performing as it should do, thanks to the change of tired old, for new fresh, the material change in the case of Platinum to Iridium has played no difference! The other question (Q1) will be answered as you read on, Platinum and Iridium is used for it's hardness and resistance to wear, this gives longevity between service intervals, with Iridium being the harder of the two, BKR6EIX-11 (NGK-3764) a.k.a Iridium IX-11 - This is pregapped at .044 and should not be used in our cars. Adjusting a gap of this width is not necessary and should not be attempted.

However, whilst I believe this may be the case for the 'old skool' turbo charging systems the TFSi system is a very different animal, and the way they system obviously mixes its fuel into the chamber means that maybe the heat issues may not be so prevolent. Ok guys, I see the same questions asked over and over about spark plug selection and fitment, so I hope this information below helps. Iridium alloy has extremely high melting point, perfect for today’s high-tech, high-performance engines All the above mentioned NGK spark plugs have a Platinum ring around the electrode tip, NGK also provide the following with an Iridium electrode tip, however be careful as the following have a tip projection of 1mm extra in length over the above! An unaltered engine will run within the optimum operating range straight from the manufacturer, but if you make modifications such as a turbo, supercharger, increase compression, timing changes, use of alternate racing fuels, or sustained use of nitrous oxide, these can alter the plug tip temperature and may necessitate a colder plug. A rule of thumb is, one heat range colder per modification or one heat range colder for every 75–100hp you increase. In identical spark plug types, the difference from one full heat range to the next is the ability to remove 70 degrees C to 100 degrees C from the combustion chamber!Megane Petrol Saloon 1.6 16V (LA00, LA04, LA0B, LA11, LA16, LA19, LA1J, LA1K,... 1598cc 79KW 107HP K4M 700;K4M 701;K4M 706;K4M 708;K4M 709 BKR6EIX Iridium tip, this is an alternative replacement for the BKR6EQUP with the same heat range (6) Now I've got you thinking, So what's the best spark plug for my Mini? That all depends on what you do with your Mini, and of course your budget, if your Mini is your daily driver and you rely and trust your dealer (they know best!) then you may as well stop reading now, if on the other hand your Mini is your daily driver come weekend warrior, or is just your weekend warrior, and you do your maintenance yourself then read on. Logan Petrol Saloon 1.6 (LS0L, LS09, LS0V, LS0P, LS18, LS1S, LS1V, LS1Y,... 1598cc 77KW 105HP K4M 690;K4M 694;K4M 696;K4M 697;K4M 698 A special alloy coating covers the shell of every LPG Laserline spark plug, protecting it from the higher temperatures and the increased risk of corrosion. No other manufacturer currently offers a similar coating.

So with this basic information above out of the way, lets move along a little to what I have seen posted quite a few times,Been looking into spark plugs for my Mini Cooper S and thought it would be of value to document what I have found out. If you know more or have something to add please feel free to do so. Maybe this thread could become a FAQ ? I will get mine out and change them once my new plugs turn up. Must head out and buy a feeler gauge as I've lost my old one. NGK Iridium 8 (BKR8EIX) - Two steps colder (Run for 7k on Revo Stg 2+ under duress, removed due to stuttering idle and strong smell of unburned fuel and carbonation on rear of car) NGK is the brand leader in the UK spark plug market and are the world's biggest supplier to many major car manufacturers. Each and every one of their products are designed to meet the most rigorous standards and are the professionals' choice because of their quality and technical excellence. Their plugs can be found in use by teams in F1, WRC and MotoGP. Put simply, NGK genuine spark plugs are the workhorse at the heart of smooth-running engines around the world. When the plugs look as carbon fouled as they did on some of the ones I pulled out of 8P2 something is not 100% right. I've never had a car which leaves so much carbon build up on plugs and through to the tail pipes. They were all fitted to manufacturer torque settings, and run with V-Power / overserviced etc.

• Fruugo ID: 258392218-563234582
  • EAN: 764486781913
  • Sold by: Fruugo

Delivery & Returns

Fruugo

Address: UK
All products: Visit Fruugo Shop