Forget Me Not: The hottest rom-com of 2023

Forget Me Not: The hottest rom-com of 2023

RRP: £99
Price: £9.9
£9.9 FREE Shipping

In stock

We accept the following payment methods

Description

After reading so much fantasy recently, I was in desperate need of returning to my favourite genre, the contemporary romance, and Morgan provided the perfect book for me! I'll begin by saying what an innovative novel I thought this was. We have seen the time-travelling trope done a million times before now, but Morgan explores it in a whole new light which made for a really interesting read. My only criticism of this was there were a few loopholes or a couple of instances where I wasn't sure how plausible certain elements were, for example, why some characters remember their past while the rest of the world lives in ignorance. This time travel worked to portray some really difficult topics regarding fertility, teen birth and psychological abuse. I think this was a great way of showing such themes because Morgan highlighted the alternative outcomes in each timeline with each still having that emotional rawness that tugged on my heartstrings and showed how difficult these events are despite your circumstances. If you consider success to be only the most perfect rose or dazzling orchid, you may miss some of life’s sweetest experiences.”

In a nutshell, Lizzie and Charles are childhood sweethearts. Something traumatic happens and somehow Lizzie jumps into a different timeline of her life, this time without marrying Charles. It's a classic trope but it's done so well!!!!! The amnesia trope is one of my favorites in fiction and up until recently, kind of a unicorn in sapphic stories. There’s a lot going on in this book which could have set up a mess of a narrative but the author does a good job of keeping it all together. The big moment of truth is great but it’s the little clues that make or break an amnesia story. Stevie has to rebuild her sense of self from the bits told to her by others. Lies, prejudices, hidden agendas, nobody is a reliable narrator she is learning. Meanwhile, Nora has to eat her own heart, watching and hoping that somehow she and Stevie can still be together.

Vibrant and vital. The trials of ten treasured species that we can't afford to fail. A biological romp with a real mission.

Common Sense is the nation's leading nonprofit organization dedicated to improving the lives of all kids and families by providing the trustworthy information, education, and independent voice they need to thrive in the 21st century. Forget Me Not is heartbreakingly beautiful. I love how the amnesia trope is able to highlight how home is a person, not a place. Even without memories, Stevie feels incredibly drawn to Nora, is comforted by her presence, and carries feelings she doesn't understand. Especially when Stevie's "best friends" have been feeding her lies about her life. Love truly has the ability to transcend all. And the writing is so graceful. If I’m a book, then he is all the lines between every sentence. He’s the curve of each letter reaching out to kiss the next, the swooping song of every italic, the pausing breath of well placed punctuation. I am the words, but he is the way in which you read them. Have you ever had a book on your TBR for ages, that you keep saying "yes, I will read that soon. Not today, not tomorrow, maybe next month" and when you FINALLY read it, you want to bang your head against a wall because YOU CANT BELIEVE YOU TOOK SO LONG TO READ SUCH A BEAUTIFUL BOOK? Join Sophie Pavelle on a low-carbon journey around Britain in search of ten animals and habitats threatened by climate change in the 21st century.Her 'friends' were downright awful, and I'm so happy she distanced herself from them pre- and post-accident.

An absolutely beautifully written heartwarming story. You instantly fall in love with the two main characters and fall completely into their world with them. Eager to get up to Scotland, I venture to the Orkney Islands, specifically the northernmost isle of this unique archipelago, to spend time with one of the British Isles' most overlooked seabirds and try to understand more about the threats this quirky bird faces.This enchanting book could not be more timely: it brings much to inspire our future thinking, and is a joy to read. We see her befriend her friendly neighbour; Jinsong. At first he's reluctant to be seen with her but then a beautiful friendship blooms. And it's extra special since she's never had a real friend before. A girl with Tourette syndrome starts at a new school and tries to hide her quirks in this debut middle-grade novel in verse.

I was impressed with the authors choice of writing style, First Person Omniscient, which means we see all events and thoughts of other characters through the voice of our narrator, who is the main character. Although, the cleverness of this choice... is ultimately what led me to be disappointed. Edit #1 24 hours later.....Some books you move right on from, and some leave you thinking about for days after. I had thoughts about this book all last night. I want to emphasize that I really liked this book. I liked the heart in this book. Forget Me Not had so many wonderful scenes like (I listed some scenes, then removed them and put them under Spoilers at the end of the review....If you plan to read the book it is better that you discover them for yourself). Forget Me Not is also one of the most romantic books I have read.

Table of Contents

This was one of the most important books I've read this year. If someone had told me I'd be saying that about a middle grade debut, written in free verse, I would have laughed in their face. But Forget Me Not set out to prove me wrong - so, so wrong. It taught me not to immediately judge middle grade books as "silly and immature" and surprised me with an eye opening story.

• Fruugo ID: 258392218-563234582
  • EAN: 764486781913
  • Sold by: Fruugo

Delivery & Returns

Fruugo

Address: UK
All products: Visit Fruugo Shop