Someone I Used to Know: The gorgeous new love story with a twist, from the bestselling author

£4.495
FREE Shipping

Someone I Used to Know: The gorgeous new love story with a twist, from the bestselling author

RRP: £8.99
Price: £4.495
£4.495 FREE Shipping

In stock

We accept the following payment methods

Description

I loved seeing all the various bonds being formed in this book in both timelines - there is just so much love and compassion to go around it was really heartwarming. And then there’s George, who left a scar on my heart that still takes me by surprise, considering the relatively short time I knew him. Tealights in lanterns sparkle atop brightly painted metal outdoor tables, and colourful bunting sways overhead, dispersing the ribboning smoke from cigarettes below.

Someone I Used To Know by Paige Toon | Goodreads Someone I Used To Know by Paige Toon | Goodreads

His dark hair falls just shy of the collar of his black shirt and a lit cigarette is resting all-too-familiarly between his long slim fingers. There were many serious topics covered, but the the author did such a great job, and made it such an enjoyable read.

Theo’s wealthy family have mysteriously pulled him out of boarding school and he’s now enrolled at the local state school with Leah and George. I loved the characters, the alternating of chapters between the then and now and most importantly I loved the alpaca’s! Once, my high school bestie and I were inseparable, but now an entire year can go by without us exchanging a word. Theo, Emilie's father and Leah's husband, isn't with them due to a tragic event that is alluded to in the first few pages. I really don't want to say much more as I went into this blindly just knowing who wrote it, and loved discovering all of its beauty for myself and don't want to risk spoiling anything as there were a couple of reveals that were very cleverly crafted!

Someone I Used to Know (Audio Download): Paige Toon, Heather

Theo's wealthy family have mysteriously pulled him out of boarding school and he's now enrolled at the local state school with Leah and George. I often feel a little bereft at the end of a Paige Toon book and this one definitely gave me a book hangover, I just wasn’t ready to let Leah and the other characters go so soon! A philosophy graduate, she worked at teen, film and women's magazines, before ending up at Heat magazine as Reviews Editor. While I will say this book does contain a romance element, there is more of a life fiction vibe to this tale. Everyone should have a family who loves you no matter what and everyone should have friends like these.

As long as neither of them gets a criminal record before their visa application is sent off,’ Dad teases, repeating Theo’s joke from earlier. As a teacher, I always enjoy when there is a nod to the profession in a novel, even if it isn't always in the most positive lights. Leah is a favourite of mine with how she has coped through all of it and is a brilliant role model for her daughter Emilie. It was the series of strips where the usually self-confident Peppermint Patty came face-to-face with the Little Redhaired Girl with the intention of thumping her and then something surprising happened: Here we have a usually self-confident girl, who is funny, unashamedly herself and talented at sports reduced to tears by the realisation of who she is not and never can be. I also loved that the family home also just happened to be an alpaca farm and some of the mentions of the alpacas.

Someone I Used to Know: The gorgeous new love story with a Someone I Used to Know: The gorgeous new love story with a

She has written fifteen novels, a three-part spin-off for young adults and a collection of short stories. I had tears in my eyes when I turned the last pages of Someone I Used To Know, the fifteenth contemporary romance novel from bestselling author, Paige Toon.I loved getting to meet Leah and Her family, including George and I loved their relationship with Theo too.

• Fruugo ID: 258392218-563234582
  • EAN: 764486781913
  • Sold by: Fruugo

Delivery & Returns

Fruugo

Address: UK
All products: Visit Fruugo Shop