Drumshanbo Gunpowder Irish Gin, 70cl

Drumshanbo Gunpowder Irish Gin, 70cl

RRP: £35.50
Price: £17.75
£17.75 FREE Shipping

In stock

We accept the following payment methods

Description

The distiller recommends the best gin to vermouth ratio for Gunpowder is 4 to 1 and suggests grapefruit bitters in place of orange. I totally agree that Gunpowder and grapefruit are the winning combo. Like the Sardinian Citrus release, a small change in ingredients has given this Drumshanbo a sufficiently nuanced profile that still won’t be too much of a departure for fans of the classic expression. Once again, it’s more citrus forward, but not excessively so with a soft undercurrent of pulpy orange slice and sweet orange oil. At its core is the same gently herbal Gunpowder character with notes of dried tea leaves and mild juniper. On the palate, this gin remains true to Gunpowder form, impressively approachable with a balanced sweetness and mild warmth. Drumshanbo’s classic green tea profile at first threatens to overpower the California citrus dimension, but with a little time things coalesce sufficiently with a more classic introduction of juniper and matcha that transitions to brighter, oily orange peel. The finish lingers with orange candies and dried herbs. Another impressive addition to the Gunpowder lineup. Roku gin has a sweeter, floral aroma with a prominent tannin flavor from two kinds of tea. It has prominent citrus that edges more toward bitterness. Its finish is very peppery and warm. Grapefruit is the most recommended garnish so if you are partial to that citrus, this is the gin for you. What type of Gin is Gunpowder? Drumshanbo Gunpowder Irish gin contains many traditional botanicals; Juniper, angelica root, orris root, coriander seed, cardamom, plus star anise and caraway seed. There are also three types of citrus; chinese lemon, oriental grapefruit, and makrut lime (kaffir lime).

A seasoned world traveler, Rigney might have settled his spirits venture anywhere on the map, but he chose Drumshanbo because the cozy Irish hamlet was the same town where his mom and dad first met — his dad, Seamus, was the auditor who took the train down from Dublin, and his mum Mary worked in the accounts department in the Arigna Mines in the 1950s. (Yes, if you fall in love in the less-than-Disney-perfect setting of a working coal mine, chances are it’s the real thing.) 8. You’re Also Supporting Small-Town Economic Recovery Records the default button state of the corresponding category & the status of CCPA. It works only in coordination with the primary cookie. Gunpowder Tea is so called because each tea leaf has been rolled into a small ball, reminiscent of gunpowder. It’s usually made with green tea leaves and it’s that special ingredient that gives Drumshanbo Gunpowder Gin its name.

Awards

Oriental botanicals"... this caught my eye, as my favorite gin is currently of Irish brew (Glendalough) and sourced locally. I haven't dug too far into this, nor am I seasoned enough to speak to it, but I'm surprised that Drumshanbo being so close to the Shannon hasn't elicited a more local source; anywho, Rigney was a traveler I suppose so that lends to the brand. But beyond that, Gunpowder Gin is a complex array of botanicals from a number of traditions. Three kinds of citrus fruit: grapefruit, lemon and makrut lime join the tea and are vapor distilled. The remaining ingredients, including Macedonian juniper, are macerated and distilled in a pot still. Who doesn’t like tea and jam? Gunpowder’s distinct tea flavor is a natural good pairing with fruit jams straight from your fridge. Now let’s get into my full review, and as always, we’ll begin with how it tastes neat. What does Gunpowder Gin Taste Like, Neat? Taste Gunpowder Gin

Then there is the ‘gunpowder’ botanical! It actually refers to a type of Chinese tea that is rolled into small pellets that resemble grains of gunpowder. Gunpowder tea Tasting Drumshanbo Gunpowder Irish gin Drumshanbo Gunpowder Irish gin is made at The Shed Distillery in the small town of Drumshanbo in Co.Leitrim., Ireland. Gin and Tonic is definitely one of the most popular ways to serve Gunpowder. While the distributor promotes Elderflower tonic, I’d like to add that it’s equally delicious with Fevertree Indian & Mediterranean.The first thing you notice on opening the bottle, is unsurprisingly, citrus with pine notes from juniper coming through. The inclusion of the word ‘gunpowder’ in the name also meant I was expecting a Navy Strength gin! Don’t worry, I’ll explain. All you need is gin & juice, and ice. While citrus juices are an easy win, white cranberry and pink lemonade are delicious mixers with gunpowder gin.

Gunpowder Gin is a modern or contemporary gin. It is not heavily juniper centered and it features the botanical meadowsweet, local to Drumshanbo, Ireland. Distilling Method Many distillers focus on using local ingredients in their recipes, but PJ Rigney, the man behind this gin has used only one, meadowsweet. Instead he has chosen botanicals from further afield, in particular, Asia.Grapefruit is so good with this gin, that it makes a Gin Paloma a must! We did a full recipe and video here: Gunpowder Paloma Recipe Gunpowder Gin and Juice Drumshanbo Irish Gunpowder Gin has a fresh, herby, citrus heavy aroma with notes of green tea and star anise. Grapefruit, is the initial flavor followed by juniper then tea, finishing with herby, warm spices of anise, cardamom and coriander. The formal product name doesn’t exactly roll off the tongue, but this new expression of Drumshanbo‘s top-shelf “Gunpowder” Irish gin takes the original formula and spins it just so. Again it’s a grain neutral gin that starts with the same eight botanicals as Drumshanbo Gunpowder Irish Gin: juniper, angelica root, orris root, caraway seed, coriander seed, meadowsweet (an aromatically floral herb), cardamom, and star anise. The only real switcharoo comes when Drumshanbo’s vapor-infused botanicals are introduced, with Sardinian citrus instead of Chinese lemon — plus the original inclusion of grapefruit, lime, and gunpowder tea. Drumshanbo Gunpowder Irish Gin: a mouthful, yes, and one of the more unique mouthfuls to come out of an Irish distilling boom that’s seen plenty of new whiskeys (more in the last five years than the prior 50), but also a surprising rise in the Irish gin category, which went from marginally inoffensive to the fastest-growing spirits category in the country.

• Fruugo ID: 258392218-563234582
  • EAN: 764486781913
  • Sold by: Fruugo

Delivery & Returns

Fruugo

Address: UK
All products: Visit Fruugo Shop