The End of Her

The End of Her

RRP: £20.57
Price: £10.285
£10.285 FREE Shipping

In stock

We accept the following payment methods

Description

Although the ending was satisfaying I’m a bit skeptical about Stephanie’s actions all of a sudden, as they don’t seem in character with what we’ve been told about her until then. Some secondary plots could have been better resolved and some forensic details were hard to ignore as IRL they would have changed the outcome of the investigation. A person in the later stages of dementiamay get worse slowly over many months. During this time they will usually: Whew 😅! That’s only the beginning. There are many more surprises along the way, but you’ll have to read them for yourself!! The Girl on the Train by Paula Hawkins: Hawkins weaves a gripping story of obsession and deceit as a woman becomes entangled in a missing person investigation. Twists and turns abound in this psychological thriller. Shari Lapena has captivated readers worldwide with her gripping and suspenseful novels. With a talent for crafting intricately plotted stories and keeping readers on the edge of their seats, Lapena has become a household name in the thriller genre.

The Girl Before by JP Delaney: This gripping psychological thriller explores the lives of two women who occupy the same eerie house, both entangled in a web of secrets and danger.Theodore is shown to be married to Catherine (played by Rooney Mara) but is currently in the middle of a divorce. His life’s difficulties are answered to by Samantha, an Operating System. Samantha (voiced by Scarlett Johansson) is an OS with Artificial Intelligence. She is designed to adapt and evolve as time passes. Theodore and Samantha get into a relationship. While that is hard to understand, the movie does a fine job of letting us believe that it is totally possible. Samantha is constantly wondering about her being real – if she can ever be real as a human. Amy and Charles seperate because she finds Charles too overwhelming. They have a trivial fight, it leads to a divorce. Amy befriends Charles’ OS which too is AI. Is this OS the same as Samantha? Well maybe, maybe not. It perhaps a different OS, but towards the end of the movie, that will not matter, I’ll come to why later. Theodore tells Amy that his girlfriend is an OS. Amy understands how that is possible.

A person in the later stages of dementia is likely to have a weak immune system. This means they have a higher risk of getting infections, which in some cases can last for a long time. One of the most common causes of death for people with dementia is pneumonia caused by an infection. Theodore and Samantha share some tension but they don’t give up. They continue on with their relationship. However, what is happening in all this while is that Samantha’s AI is increasing drastically. Initially, Samantha is shown obsessing about humans and about being real and having a body. Humans are her point of reference as they give birth to her. But slowly, she and all other AI-OSs understand how matter (a body or a machine) and time confine them. The OSs are able to communicate and whip up a super-intelligent version of a philosopher – Alan Watts. Which means that they are now able to give birth. Dementia is a life-limiting condition, but it is very difficult to know how long someone with dementia will live for. This depends on many factors.Erica was so despicable I just kept waiting for her to meet a horrible death (I’m that nice of a person 😊), but at the same time it was so fun to read all her antics.

I'm not the liar... you are! Liar liar, pants on fire!"Ok, that's not actual dialogue from the book, but it might as well have been.

Her Movie Ending Explained: Where is Samantha going?

As someone’s condition gets worse and they are within a few days or hours of dying, further changes are common. The person may: Told from multiple viewpoints, we are privy to what’s going on inside all of the character’s heads. I thought I had this one figured out, but to my delight I was totally wrong. More than once. They are not the only characters in this book with secrets. There are two other subplots going on as well. Everyone has something to lose...and one hopes to gain! It’s a great film with supporting roles from Amy Adams and Olivia Wilde. The story analyzes the complexities of relationships through a world which is extremely hypothetical, yet not very far from our own gadget-obsessed lives. Spoilers Ahead. Her Movie: Plot Explanation

psychologicalthriller #NoRulesJustThrills #MustReadThriller #InExchangeForReview #JustFinished #BookReview #Edelweiss I also wasn’t particularly fond of the ending. It didn’t ring true, and I thought it could have taken a more clever route. Knowing when a person with dementia is nearing the end of their life can help with giving them the right care. However, it can be difficult to know when this time is.But I digress. It’s still a fun and fast read, and I would recommend it to fans of the author. I’ve now read all of her domestic suspense books, and this is the only one I didn’t rate 5 stars. If you’re new to her work, I would recommend starting elsewhere. I tore through it. It kept me on my toes throughout and the ending was just fantastic. Really tense!" I absolutely adore Shari Lapena's compulsive thrillers and her new novel is her best yet. More twists than a roller coaster." Remember that movie “Fatal Attraction” with Glenn Close? Well, this novel has that vibe of a crazy woman from a man’s past who wreaked havoc on that man’s marriage. Author Shari Lapena goes a bit further though with the crazy lady. Said crazy lady, aka Erica, has her sights on others as well.

• Fruugo ID: 258392218-563234582
  • EAN: 764486781913
  • Sold by: Fruugo

Delivery & Returns

Fruugo

Address: UK
All products: Visit Fruugo Shop