GODOX Lux Junior Retro Camera Flash Speedlite Speedlight On-Camera Flash GN12 6000K±200K Compatible with Sony, Nikon, Olympus, Fujifilm, Panasonic Cameras

£9.9
FREE Shipping

GODOX Lux Junior Retro Camera Flash Speedlite Speedlight On-Camera Flash GN12 6000K±200K Compatible with Sony, Nikon, Olympus, Fujifilm, Panasonic Cameras

RRP: £99
Price: £9.9
£9.9 FREE Shipping

In stock

We accept the following payment methods

Description

There are also two optical Slave modes, which can be helpful if you want to use multiple flashes simultaneously or play with an off-camera flash for more creative effects. Flashes have evolved immensely, with capabilities unthinkable a few years ago, turning almost into mini-computers with a rather complicated operation, and have become used almost exclusively by professionals. But it was not always so. What changed then? However, I have some critiques to point out after some time of use. And I start by mentioning the opening operation of the reflector blades, which are not as smooth as you would expect, and which sometimes require two hands and a little patience. I love this portrait of my daughter, 1/2 power lit her up beautifully while retaining the glow of the neon lights behind. Last month we reported on the release of two new Godox flashes with a distinctive, retro look: the Lux Senior and Lux Junior. I like using flash, and I like Godox as a company – I own two Godox flashes ( TT600 and TT350) and an X2 wireless trigger. So when they offered to send us their two retro flashes for review, I jumped at the opportunity.

Godox Lux Senior Flash – Street Portraits and First - 35mmc Godox Lux Senior Flash – Street Portraits and First - 35mmc

Control features include an Optical Mode that has what are called S1 and S2 settings. In S1 the flash will fire in response to another manual or TTL flash, while in S2 the Retro Flash will respond similarly, but ignores the initial flash. This design is identical to the Lux Junior. The unit runs on its rechargeable battery and comes with a triggering cable and a storage bag. With the transition to digital and its progressive evolution, cameras began to have incredible results at ISOs of 800, 1600, and even higher, making flashes obsolete. Moreover, in an attempt to depart ourselves from a not-too-distant past when the use of flash was more of a necessity than an option, most of us avoided using it. The hundreds of articles and YouTube videos in which the “experts” tell you to never use on-camera flash, are the result of this evolution in aesthetics, trying to escape from a recent past when 400/800 was considered high ISO, almost as if it embarrassed us. In this matter, the Godox Lux Senior is similar to the Junior, adding only a USB to USB-C charging cable. It also comes inside a very elegant box, and includes the carrying pouch that I liked so much. The operation is straightforward and effortless, as intended. The power switch toggles between Off, Manual and Auto. Out of curiosity, I tried using the Lux Senior off-camera in slave mode, positioned diagonally in relation to my son. I used the Lux Junior as a trigger at its minimum power of 1/64, and it worked flawlessly.Now you might say that simply looking cool does not make it any better as a photographic device, and in a sense that’s true. In fact, the reflector is not just for show; as I discuss in the “Light quality” section below, it creates a softer, more flattering light. But even going by appearances alone, I find I’m more likely to use a device if I like the look and feel of it, and that, albeit indirectly, leads to better photos. I wanted to avoid the most obvious answer: it depends! If you prefer something uncomplicated and always ready to use, then the Lux Junior will be obviously the best option. But if you want an excellent conversation starter wherever you go, an exclusive piece of gear unique on the market, then there is no other answer than the Lux Senior. With a positive first impression, I was keen to put it into action. The first step was putting 2 AAA batteries in, but this turned out to be a little tougher than expected. I felt like I had to be a little rougher than I would’ve liked just to get the cover off. The big difference lies in the reflector. Because despite presenting a naked flash bulb without a diffuser in front of it, the presence of the parabolic reflector makes a better distribution of light, almost like a beauty dish, “wrapping” the subject. It’s not better or worse than a direct flash, it’s just different. The results are more natural, and the contours are smoother.

Lux Junior - Retro Camera Flash - Godox - studio photography

To get started, the whole operation is very straightforward, as you want in a flash like this. Just insert two AAA batteries (not included in the box), turn it on, and in about 6 seconds, once the light turns green, it’s ready to use.But if you want to bring to your photos that “flavour” of the 80s, you will hardly find better, or at least stylish.

• Fruugo ID: 258392218-563234582
  • EAN: 764486781913
  • Sold by: Fruugo

Delivery & Returns

Fruugo

Address: UK
All products: Visit Fruugo Shop