Second Star to the Left: 1 (Reimagined Fairy Tales)

£8.95
FREE Shipping

RRP: £17.90
Price: £8.95
£8.95 FREE Shipping

In stock

We accept the following payment methods

Description

fantastical world that feels both familiar and fresh.” — Paulette Kennedy, International Best-selling Author of Parting The Veil

So my dynamic with this story already had a bit of a running start. I’ve been a huge fan of Megan’s stories since we first met years ago. She has this incredible way of weaving sexual tension and fiery passion into a fantasy world that takes my breath away–and kinda makes me press my thighs together. Romance readers know what I’m talking about! Brought together by feud, curses and an unexpected mutual treasure hunt style quest, these two must work together to obtain their common goal. Putting aside their differences and opinions of each other seems out of the question - until an undeniable passion and some new understandings begin to change everything. Thanks to Netgalley and the publisher for providing me with an e-arc of this book. My opinions are my own!

Broadcasts

I also wished for a more 3D portrayal of Hook as an amputee. More of his daily challenges, how he adapts. Routine stump & prosthesis care. Atrophy/skin breakdown considerations. Prosthesis design details & suspension method. What his recovery would have entailed. There was a bedroom scene when his stump ‘disappears’ partway through, something akin to “white-room syndrome,” which I don’t think was intentional at all, but it was something I noticed. If his stump was something Hook was self-conscious about and continuing to hide, I would have liked for Tink to have noticed and to have continued trying to reassure him/build up his confidence. I loved that this retelling didn’t Center on Peter (he makes an appearance but it’s fairly short) as most recent retellings seem to and feel having Tinkerbell as a protagonist gave us a better narrative overall. I also nice to see Hook in a new, less villainous light too. For those whose favorite characters are also Captain Hook and Tinker Bell, and you secretly ship them (especially when Hook looks similarly to the OUAT Captain Hook aka Killian Jones - that’s who I pictured at least) - this book is for you.

The same quote had also been used in a few other Star Trek works. In Star Trek: The Motion Picture - Handbook of Production Information, the goal of making Star Trek: The Motion Picture was said to be " to dazzle the senses, to make visions soar. To make possible that journey to the second star to the right, straight on until morning." In the penultimate scene from the script for Star Trek II: The Wrath of Khan, Kirk told Saavik, " Lieutenant, new course: 'Second star to the right and straight on till morning.'" [1] Although the line didn't make the final cut of that film, it appears in the novelization of Star Trek: The Wrath of Khan, written by Vonda N. McIntyre.In Peter Pan stories that I have read, Tinker Bell is portrayed as a small pixie companion to Peter Pan. I actually can’t recall the role she plays in the stories, I just know she is a character. Second Star to the Left takes place years before the events of Peter Pan and fleshes out Tinker Bell in a memorable manner. I got to see her powers as a pixie, her love for tinkering and inventing as well as the mental strength that she has. SECOND STAR TO THE LEFT was a great Peter Pan retelling featuring a charming Captain Hook and feisty Tinker Bell. I loved their banter and the way they tried to resist each other but couldn't. The story was fast paced and easy to read and I was pulled into this version of Neverland right away. Tink was a very fun and loveable character and the enemies to lovers romance between her and Hook was a joy to read! If you are interested in Second Star to the Left, add it to your TBR on Goodreads. If you have read it already, tell me your thoughts in the comments or link to your review and I will give it a read. The author’s writing was easy, fun and enjoyable. This book was fast-paced and there was always something happening. I’m not a fan of slow books, so I enjoyed this aspect.

I also loved that they are a couple that rescues each other (several times over), and anytime Tink’s wings glow, because she is happy 🥺😭😍 Another thing that bothered me was that they found the scale easily. The witch gave them a riddle — okay — but are you really telling me that it was just that easy? Save for the fog? Like Tinker Bell just managed to spot everything coincidentally? It was boring and anticlimactic. Focusing on Tinkerbell and Captain Hook, this imaginative retelling of Peter Pan was the absolute perfect read for February, it’s got Pixies, Pirate, Mermaids, Witches and a super satisfying romance that takes the only one bed trope to the high seas (and some other rather creative locations too)

Michael

I wished there was a little more to the betrayal plot. I liked the twist. But the reasons didn’t land for me. Too much of a 180.

• Fruugo ID: 258392218-563234582
  • EAN: 764486781913
  • Sold by: Fruugo

Delivery & Returns

Fruugo

Address: UK
All products: Visit Fruugo Shop