We Don't Serve Your Kind 'Ere: The real autobiography of Nick Animal Culmer

We Don't Serve Your Kind 'Ere: The real autobiography of Nick Animal Culmer

RRP: £17.95
Price: £8.975
£8.975 FREE Shipping

In stock

We accept the following payment methods

Description

Their Mums used to bring them along in their Lamborghini’s and Junior would get out of the car and put their little punk wig on and go in there. Editorial media includes use as a visual reference to support your article, story, critique or educational text. A lot of people come to a punk band, start a punk band, start in music because of watching a punk band.

APA style: granarchy in the uk; Punk star Animal looks back on his wild times with the Anti-Nowhere League and tells how he dotes on Strictly star's tot.It’s with sad heart that we have to report a near fatal incident involving the Anti Nowhere League’s lead singer known as Animal (real name Nick Culmer). Unfortunately, the band, like a bad smell, just followed me a bit – I still got into a bit of trouble in the band. I think there’s a lot of other people probably, possibly like me, who get far more out of the punk music scene in attitude than they actually realise.

Nick: It’s funny because, as you know I came from a different [background]… I approached punk music from a different road and I can’t really say – all I know is that punk rock music did affect me. I still love all of the guys I used to ride with – most of them are dead now, I think most of them are – but it was a fact, for me personally, I needed to sort myself out. ROCK: I was lucky enough to see you perform So What, with Metallica, at Wembley in ’92, when you came on and did the encore there – that was cool. Unfortunately, because I sung the song, ‘I’m an Animal’ – and got me into trouble, that one – ‘Animal’ sort of stuck and I didn’t like it, but I couldn’t do much about it really. Because, obviously, we came in when punk music came back in with its second wave – should we say – of 1980, with The Exploited and GBH and all this, the aggressive, grungy side of punk.It is a stage where you can get on and do your stuff, and if they come along to The Anti-Nowhere League and go, ‘I can fucking do that better than you,’ then that’s what it’s all about. Nick: Because we got signed to Cleopatra Records in California, they want to put the book out [in the US], but my manager is still waiting until the legal teams are finished pawing over it, I think, and then we’re going to approach people. One large piece (4cm) missed his main artery by millimetres, he was told he is very lucky to be alive.

Autobiography written by Animal frontman of the Anti Nowhere League (aka Nick Culmer) in his own words. The headliners Cockney Rejects need no introduction to any punk fan, as they are 40-year veterans of the scene.But then all of a sudden – wow – there was The Stranglers and The Clash… I thought, ‘wow, that did something for me. Every time I put a song out… It’s funny, people like the idea that you’re an anti-band and that you’re against people – as long as you don’t say anything against them: ‘You’re fine saying what you like about people, but don’t talk about me. Of course everybody is moaning at me saying, ‘fuck me, I’m traveling to see The League,’ but I think in their madness these people do these things, because I think that’s where we’re at our best – when we’re right in the sweaty pit, when we’re right in people’s faces and it’s fucking crazy. His replacement was Dave Hazlewood (Nato), from the small Kent town of Cranbrook, who had filled in before on tours.

However, there was a belated 'farewell' show at the Victoria Hall in Tunbridge Wells, in 1989, which was recorded and can be heard on their live album, Live Animals. MLA style: "granarchy in the uk; Punk star Animal looks back on his wild times with the Anti-Nowhere League and tells how he dotes on Strictly star's tot. They still can’t handle us, the people around here, even knowing me, even though I’m a respectable citizen now.Expect a set full of hard-hitting, heart-on-the-sleeve anthems like Looking For Glory, No Regrets and One More Drink from the four-piece, who include Cock Sparrer’s Daryl Smith on guitar.

• Fruugo ID: 258392218-563234582
  • EAN: 764486781913
  • Sold by: Fruugo

Delivery & Returns

Fruugo

Address: UK
All products: Visit Fruugo Shop