C-Pen Exam Reader 2 | Text-to-speech Reading Support for Exams

C-Pen Exam Reader 2 | Text-to-speech Reading Support for Exams

RRP: £99
Price: £9.9
£9.9 FREE Shipping

In stock

We accept the following payment methods

Description

As well as reasonable adjustments in the classroom, schools must put in place Exam Access Arrangements, which are reasonable adjustments for candidates who have the required knowledge and skills, but who can’t demonstrate this knowledge or skills due to their disability. These arrangements must not affect the integrity of the examination or give the learner an unfair advantage. Access Arrangements can include: What’s more, it captures words and locates them for you, giving you instant results. It also remembers the words you have looked up and keeps the history available for you. We took everything great from the ExamReader and made major enhancements to Exam Reader 2. Scanning speeds are even faster now with AI-supported text-to-speech. The C-Pen Exam Reader 2 also supports 10+ languages and features an audio-aided user interface to improve accessibility for all. Portable Cost-Effective Exam Support

Hear the menu talk aloud in English, French, German, Italian, Spanish, Swedish, Danish, Dutch, Portuguese and Russian What's included? If you angle the pen too much or too little it doesn’t read the text effectively. You really need to find a specific range of angle for it to work perfectly, and this takes a couple of tries. Overall, I like it. It can be a great tool for my students with dyslexia. I feel it’s best for middle / high school students and above. And it is definitely great for college students!

FEATURED PRODUCTS

It sounds like I’m complaining here – so I’ll qualify: it reads the text just fine. It’s understandable, and I actually quite like listening to the slow steady voice rather than reading. It seems to be less cognitively draining for me. Don’t expect to use the pen on handwritten text. In fact, don’t expect it to work on fancy printed text or even cursive printed text. It’ll work fine for simple text (like the text you’re reading now) and common fonts like Arial, Tahoma and Calibri. The Joint Council for Qualifications (JCQ) oversees Exam Access Arrangements for GCSE and GCE (A-Level) qualifications.

The text you scan can be saved then uploaded to a computer via USB. I’ve actually had a few students simply scan the important phrases or paragraphs they need while studying, then upload them as study notes. I thought that was a cool and innovative use of the pen. Frequently Asked Questions Who should use a C Pen Reader? Hear the menu talk aloud in English, French, German, Italian, Spanish, Swedish, Danish, Dutch, Portuguese, and RussianI love that you can actually see the relief on the user’s face the first time they use it correctly. They listen to the dictation of the words and look up excitedly! That’s the look of excitement we’re all looking for as educators. Dyslexia can have a substantial and long term adverse effect on normal day to day activities, and therefore can be a recognised disability under the Equality Act 2010. The Act states that schools and higher education institutions have a duty to make 'reasonable adjustments' for disabled students (including students with learning difficulties, such as dyslexia). We took everything great from the ExamReader and made major enhancements to the C-Pen Exam Reader 2. Scanning speeds are even faster now with AI-supported text-to-speech. The C-Pen Exam Reader 2 also supports 10+ languages and features an audio-aided user interface to improve accessibility for all. Portable Cost-Effective Exam Support All my interactions with the company who produce the pen have been positive. I’ve had one faulty C-Pen (I’ve worked with a lot of them in my time) and they happily accepted a return.

National Curriculum Tests (known informally as SATs) are administered at the end of Key Stage 2 at 11 years. Permission to use some Access Arrangements, for example, extra time, must be granted by the Standards and Testing Agency (STA). Schools can decide on using other Access Arrangements such as a reader, prompt or rest breaks without applying to the STA. There is a learning curve, and it struggles with some types of text (see later in this review), so I’m not saying it’s perfect. But I do think it works well for most school-related printed texts.Roll the pen over a single word and a dictionary definition will appear on the display. It can also read the definition out loud to you. It uses the Collins Dictionary to find the definitions (but that’s all built-in, no need for Wifi!) This cookie, set by YouTube, registers a unique ID to store data on what videos from YouTube the user has seen.

• Fruugo ID: 258392218-563234582
  • EAN: 764486781913
  • Sold by: Fruugo

Delivery & Returns

Fruugo

Address: UK
All products: Visit Fruugo Shop