This Is How It Ends

This Is How It Ends

RRP: £99
Price: £9.9
£9.9 FREE Shipping

In stock

We accept the following payment methods

Description

Real Housewives Of Potomac' Star Ashley Darby Isn't Mad That Sonja Morgan Stole Her Owen Wilson Thunder At BravoCon: She Knew "His Fetishes"

What I think would have really made this book great is if it had not only focused on the 4 MCs, but also the shooter. There is some musing on the nature of his evil, but I felt like it was underdeveloped. There was a great opportunity there to consider how a teenager could turn into this evil monster that comes to murder his peers in cold blood. I love when books explore that uncomfortable notion that the division between good and evil is not so stark, and here was an opportunity to do so in a realistic, and unfortunately plausible, setting. This Is How It Ends follows Addie, an out of work architect and Bruno an American whose just lost his job. Bruno finally keeps the promise he gave his father and flies out to Ireland to find out more about his families past. It's there where their two worlds collide. Love blooms between the two but life throws unexpected obstacles their way. Life is never easy and this book shows the journey of two people trying to keep their heads above water. Tyler falters, though only for a moment. “I should have known. Come to protect your sister? What are you going to do—hit me again?”Again, this is just speculation, but to me, this is nothing that dramatic bullshit to make the book read better.

Did we miss something on diversity?

I think if I will be columnist, has long had me fired because I finished this book a long time ago and I'm just writing this review, but it's not always easy to put the words and I know several. Joy Behar Was Totally Lost On 'The View' As Whoopi Goldberg Tried To Make An Argument About Men And Abortion: "What Is The Point?" Did you know Opportunity, Alabama is a real melting pot? Yeah, no one else does either. I’m all for books having a lot more diversity when it comes to characters, but don’t set it in a town where 80% of the population is white . . . Bruno is an Irish-American in search of his roots. He's conveniently fresh off a Lehman Brothers layoff with no ties other than two ex-wives. He's also supposed to be 50, which I found slightly unbelievable as his naiveté made him seem much younger and more immature, even if he is in a mid-life crisis. He also doesn't act like an American abroad (speaking from one who has lived abroad for 13 years). Addie is supposed to be 38 and fresh out of a relationship that nearly resulted in a baby; she also seems far younger than her years. Both were cliched, which may have been viable if they were in their early 20s but I had a difficult time believing they were post-35 with life experience. Climbing onto the stage, Tyler tells everyone that they’re under his control now, clearly reveling in the fear he’s inspired. Ever since his mother’s death and father’s descent into alcoholism, Tyler’s behavior has grown more erratic and aggressive; he’s gotten into so many fights with other students, especially Tomás, that he had to drop out of school. Autumn is the only person who loves him despite his flaws and hopes he can turn his life around.

I have read a lot of romantic fiction lately, but nothing like this because this is the first story I have read where the protagonist is poised on the cusp of middle age. This book is much harder for me to expound on its problems because there are two issues plaguing the better part of this narrative: the way it portrays the school shooting and the way it portrays its respective characters on an individual level as well as for the measure of including "diversity." This is a really hard one to review because on one hand, I think it is a fantastically written book that deserves all the praise, but on the other, it wasn't really for me and I did not enjoy it as much as I thought I would. So I'm settling in the middle with a good 4 star rating (5 for overall great writing, 3 for my personal reading experience) and hopefully I won't fail at explaining why I appreciate the genius of this book, but why it also wasn't that enjoyable for me. Tyler. The perpetrator. My god, what a one-dimensional character he is. Dare I say, murderers are always complex people. We read crime novels, mysteries, we watch mystery shows because it's the motivation of such an act that fascinates us. Some of my favorite book series in the world are murder mysteries because they are so addictingly macabre in their portrayal of the psychology behind such an act. One night after a rooftop party with her fellow holdouts, Ella finds a horrible scene awaiting her in her apartment. In a panic, she calls her neighbor Molly, who convinces her that the police won’t believe she’s innocent. Together the two women concoct a gruesome plan to hide the body down the building’s elevator shaft.While this is indeed a love story, it is not a traditional one. Our hero, Bruno is fifty years old, has two failed marriages behind him and has recently lost his job. Unable to face the upcoming elections – Obama vs. McCain - in America, he decides to travel to Ireland and research his family’s roots. Ella is an activist for a just cause – she’s at the forefront of a movement to halt the ever expanding London skyline; the corporate empire dredging out the lower socio-economic families in rundown apartment housing for capital gain, pimping overseas investment growth. I think this might be a classic case of an author who tries to write a story that's bigger than their ability to tell and trying to incorporate too much without any rhyme or reason to it."

The two form a bond through a common interest which evolves into a near mother-daughter relationship, a relationship which is tested to extremes when Molly unwittingly becomes an accomplice to murder. Addie is thirty-eight years old and has recently lost a baby as well as her long term partner. What is more, her work as an architect has dried up. With no real purpose in her life it is almost a blessing when her cantankerous father, Hugh, breaks both his wrists and needs her to move in to the family home to look after him. When Addie and Hugh discover that Bruno, who is a distant relative, is in Ireland to look into his family history, both of them are determined to ignore him. The last thing they need is a sentimental American disturbing the peace in their lives. This Is How It Ends is masterfully plotted – A party, a body and two friends who live in a world of protest and activism, suddenly faced with a moral dilemma – This is how it began… a.m.: The principal of Opportunity, Alabama's high school finishes her speech, welcoming the entire student body to a new semester and encouraging them to excel and achieve.This book is a travesty. This book is, quite frankly, an insult to all the victims, direct and indirect, of school shootings. School shootings are a fairly new epidemic, one of the most well-known being Columbine. It is also a morbidly intriguing one; the psychology of the people that committed said acts are deeply complex, and not to be taken lightly in exploration.

• Fruugo ID: 258392218-563234582
  • EAN: 764486781913
  • Sold by: Fruugo

Delivery & Returns

Fruugo

Address: UK
All products: Visit Fruugo Shop