Walk Through Walls: A Memoir

Walk Through Walls: A Memoir

RRP: £99
Price: £9.9
£9.9 FREE Shipping

In stock

We accept the following payment methods

Description

There are several actions that could trigger this block including submitting a certain word or phrase, a SQL command or malformed data. Later I discovered it had once belonged to wealthy Jews, and had been confiscated during the Nazi occupation. The 103 third parties who use cookies on this service do so for their purposes of displaying and measuring personalized ads, generating audience insights, and developing and improving products.

But it still managed to exceed my expectations; I think I was anticipating entertaining and instead I got revelatory. I remember wanting to go back to my grandmother’s house, because it had been such a secure place for me. But on the other hand it was apparently written after a really extensive interview process and clearly Marina is happy with the result, and the fact that it was such a ‘this happened then this happened then this happened’ book (not in a bad way! For more details, please consult the latest information provided by Royal Mail's International Incident Bulletin. The extraordinary memoir of the world's most successful performance artist This memoir spans Marina Abramovic's five-decade career, and tells a life story that is almost as exhilarating and extraordinary as her groundbreaking performance art.So my more emotional self wishes it weren’t ghostwritten and my more rational self thinks it isn’t a deal-breaker, lol. Best known for her recent pieces 'The Artist is Present' and '512 Hours', this book is a fascinating insight into the life of one of the most important artists working today. An augmented-reality app for iOS and Android enables readers to watch films of Abramović’s original performances while reading the book.

Members get the first chance to book our entire programme of events, including go-down-in-history gigs, concerts with world-class orchestras, and talks from cultural icons and political giants.

Working with all the dimensions of discomfort was a way to confront, release and liberate her own pain. Since the beginning of her career in Belgrade during the early 1970s, Marina Abramovic has pioneered performance as a visual art form, creating some of the most important early works. In addition to these and other awards, Abramovic also holds multiple honorary doctorates from institutions around the world.

Svetlana Racanović is Professor of Theory of Contemporary Art in the Faculty of Fine Arts Cetinje at the University of Montenegro.It was pretty good — very dreamy and impressionistic, like his stuff 🙂 but frustrating because the style is often poetic and made it hard to always understand exactly what had happened. When my grandmother Milica, my mother’s mother, came to visit and saw how thin I was, she was horrified.

Maybe it’s even possible that a ghostwritten memoir is capable of more truth, since the author is one step removed from the kind of emotion that clouds the subject’s recollections? Her visceral and extreme performances have tested the limits of both body and mind, communicating with audiences worldwide on a personal and political level. I really need to read more of those prize winners – obviously any prize for female authors is right up my alley. These big subjects are all aired in this engaging memoir, in which the reader is invited to walk through perceptual and conceptual walls with her. Even if you are not a fan of her art I would recommend reading this book, I am always at awe how life takes us on various journeys and how we cannot predict the outcomes of the choices we make, and memoirs of artists prove it in the most breathtaking way.Read more about the condition New: A new, unread, unused book in perfect condition with no missing or damaged pages.

• Fruugo ID: 258392218-563234582
  • EAN: 764486781913
  • Sold by: Fruugo

Delivery & Returns

Fruugo

Address: UK
All products: Visit Fruugo Shop