The GlenDronach Original Aged 12 Years Single Malt Scotch Whisky, 70cl

The GlenDronach Original Aged 12 Years Single Malt Scotch Whisky, 70cl

RRP: £56.25
Price: £28.125
£28.125 FREE Shipping

In stock

We accept the following payment methods

Description

This cookie is set by Rubicon Project to control synchronization of user identification and exchange of user data between various ad services. Cherry toffee. Cherry sauce drizzle on ice cream-van ice cream. Creamy vanilla jam, like clotted cream and jam on a scone. Grapey, more spice – a little more tingle on the tongue. Vague nuttiness, and cinnamon-dusted raisins.

This expression, reviewed in a Highland whisky glass, is reviewed in my usual manner, allowing it to settle after which I take my nosing and tasting notes, followed by the addition of a few drops of water, waiting, then nosing and tasting. We’ll go into the classificatory confusion another day, but first let’s look at Glendronach 12 Year Old in detail. Prior to the removal of the Non Chill Filtered statement, the salient characteristics of Glendronach 12 Year Old were as follows:

Our Inveraray Home

By the way, it’s a racing certainty that all the pre-2009 bottlings were chill-filtered from at least the mid 1980s if not earlier, and in all likelihood they were probably colour adjusted as well. Let’s not forget that chill filtration for spirits has been around since the 14th century. We’re not saying that makes it good, but it is a traditional practice that became widespread in the whisky industry from around the late 1930s and was universally adopted by the 1960s. Palate: Arrives gently with a light mouthfeel and with a sweet touch, slowly building to the full experience. The waxy note from the nose is there and dances in betweeen the oaky, fruity and nutty notes. Nutty- and spiciness is more pronounced than in the nose but the fruits remain clear as well. There is a nice gentle glow and it gets dry and a little bitter. Nice development here. Can I tell these apart? Sure. But can I tell if one has been processed differently from the other? Of course not.

To conclude, let’s agree that Glendronach 12 Year Old has stood the test of time. This is a whisky that has been full sherried, half sherried and unsherried, Speyside and Highland (more of that in another blog soon), 40% and 43%, chill-filtered and non-chill filtered, coloured and uncoloured. Almost without exception the results have been very good to spectacular single malt whiskies. Moving out first is some sweet ripe red fruit like strawberry, cherry and raspberry. A sherry that is more subtle than on the nose mixes with some malt, a hint of wood, a bit of citrus, leather and sweet tobacco. The palate is a bit more complex than the nose, but not wildly so and again it doesn’t really matter because what’s there is very nice. We deliver to a number of international destinations including the USA. Please use the 'Change Location' link above for an estimate in your local currency or find out more about international delivery

Top discussions

Records the default button state of the corresponding category & the status of CCPA. It works only in coordination with the primary cookie.

• Fruugo ID: 258392218-563234582
  • EAN: 764486781913
  • Sold by: Fruugo

Delivery & Returns

Fruugo

Address: UK
All products: Visit Fruugo Shop