Citizen Men's Analogue Automatic Watch with a Rubber Band Promaster Marine

Citizen Men's Analogue Automatic Watch with a Rubber Band Promaster Marine

RRP: £99
Price: £9.9
£9.9 FREE Shipping

In stock

We accept the following payment methods

Description

In any case, it’s a nice wearing watch but it certainly doesn’t wear as large as vintage Seiko’s such as the famous 6309. The Aqualand 200m, a modern, utilitarian icon that was essential in the creation of the Promaster collection. I just think when it comes to ISO certified diving watches, the Promaster NY0040 deserves a little more credit. This series is also known as the Night Divers because the full lume dials were created for divers who would dive in the dark. It was great to hear how easily you were able to switch out the dried bezel gasket and get your Promaster up and running perfectly.

Citizen Promaster NY0040-17LE - Chrono24

So, if safety is a concern, a messy or rugged environment is on the docket, or, perhaps, you’re not used to traveling and may be the type of person who is prone to leaving their watch lying around in a hotel room while stepping out, what’s an inexpensive and durable, yet credible (read: mechanical) watch to bring on your journey?It’s an interesting read that shines a light on the different producers and materials used to light up a dial. I never even had the Promaster on my radar, but once it made its way there… there was no replacing it! It provides just the right amount of presence if you’re looking for a watch that gives exactly that. Throw in the mix that I’ve done just about everything and anything with this watch and it makes an impressive thing even more so! The decompression table is worn out, and until a Seiko AD squeezed the gasket last year it was working just fine.

NY0040: Better than the Seiko SKX007? Citizen NY0040: Better than the Seiko SKX007?

Even though we recently focused our attention on the (truly impressive) Citizen Caliber 0200, this highly accomplished model is an exception for the brand.And one where bargains can be had, as people use the platform far more casually than other more widely accessible auction sites, as well as watch-only sales portals such as Chrono 24. This Citizen NY0040 has an impressive diver’s 200m water resistance rating which makes it a proper ISO certified diving watch. And it all starts with the case, bearing the exact same shape as the original watch of 1997, including the rather surprising crown positioned at 8 o’clock.

Citizen Promaster Marine Automatic Green Dial NY0100 Review - Citizen Promaster Marine Automatic Green Dial NY0100

The screw-down crown is unsigned as is the typical Seiko way and nestles flush with the crown guards. It was the world’s first watch fitted with an electronic/digital depth gauge, which anticipated what would eventually become the standard equipment for divers: diving computers. It should also be considered that the watch comes with an ISO certification for its water-resistance. Being a lefty, and someone who loves to see something a little different with watch design, I really like it.New for this year, in addition to the existing blue model, is the introduction of a dark green bezel insert and dial. You don’t need anything more than the lume to recognize the iconic appearance of the brand’s Luminor. They don’t show up for sale often, but I will be on the lookout for one as this is the one that I would like to add to my collection. Color, while also sparse, also comes in the form of red with the mention of water resistance on the lower half and Citizen’s trademark Promaster arrow on the upper half.

Summer Special: Seiko SKX007 vs Citizen NY0040 - Fratello Watches Summer Special: Seiko SKX007 vs Citizen NY0040 - Fratello Watches

You can avail of the Citizen NY0040 with a rubber strap that is thick enough, so you’d know it’s of great quality. They looked very similar but had Marina Militare on the dial and were good for 500m rather than this ones 200m. Let’s get this out of the way; both the Seiko SKX007 and Citizen NY0040 are good looking watches on the wrist.Previous iterations of the watch often came on a rubber strap, but Citizen decided to go with the stainless steel bracelet this time. Five models of the NY008 were released, limited to 1,000 pieces each, with two more models getting a 500 piece run.

• Fruugo ID: 258392218-563234582
  • EAN: 764486781913
  • Sold by: Fruugo

Delivery & Returns

Fruugo

Address: UK
All products: Visit Fruugo Shop