Flamingo: Longlisted for the Women's Prize for Fiction 2022, an exquisite novel of kindness and hope

£9.9
FREE Shipping

Flamingo: Longlisted for the Women's Prize for Fiction 2022, an exquisite novel of kindness and hope

RRP: £99
Price: £9.9
£9.9 FREE Shipping

In stock

We accept the following payment methods

Description

The poetry is very moving without ever being maudlin… A stunning and original pamphlet… inspiring, impressive and wonderful. If you are looking for great examples of wildlife and bird photography, this is a beautiful collection and a worthy addition to your shelf for fans of the genre.

Ich habe mich für mich jedenfalls für die positive Möglichkeit entschieden, und das macht mich glücklich.From the first stanza, where Wonder Woman’s breasts are described as ‘twin spaniels off the leash’ we know we’re in for a high-stakes, high energy ride in this extraordinary collection. He has dedicated himself to the profession of photography for more than 20 years and has been actively involved in various conservation projects throughout Mexico. You get close to Daniel, Rae, Leslie and the others … You want to keep them in your heart, listen to them, sit down at that table and be a family together. For some reason, I read the title poem, the final one in Kathryn Bevis’ debut pamphlet, first, then went backwards from there. Rarely does a bird mesmerise us as much as the flamingo: Graceful, elegant and decked out in colourful plumage, it has evolved into a trendy bird with a cult following in recent years.

Kathryn designs and delivers Poetry for Wellbeing courses for adults in mental health settings, substance-misuse recovery settings, and prisons and she is the editor of two anthologies of poetry by new and emerging poets. Zoe West, Woman’s Weekly | ‘Book Club Pick, September 2022’ ‘A brilliant and well-written book that I can't recommend enough! I just sunk into it and found myself completely absorbed in the characters' development - which was no surprise, as the two main families in this are brilliant.Aber dann erfährt man immer mehr über ihn und über seine Vergangenheit und plötzlich macht es irgendwie Sinn, dass die menschliche Psyche solche Dinge geschehen lässt. Inspired by the kindness of a stranger , Daniel boards a train and travels back to the place where he was happiest, where he once felt like he belonged - but who will be there when he arrives? You’re not sure how they connect until several chapters in, and as we meet the families that become neighbors (Eve and her son Daniel; Leslie, Sherry, Rae and Pauline) and the best of friends in the 80s, we realize some sort of falling out occurred now that 30 years later they’re no longer in contact. The book takes place over two main periods: 1984 (in Norfolk) and 2018 (across Norfolk, Somerset and even the park in New York that I visit when I am there. The simple, interactive storyline makes it easy for children to anticipate what happens next and then to join in when they hear the story again.

• Fruugo ID: 258392218-563234582
  • EAN: 764486781913
  • Sold by: Fruugo

Delivery & Returns

Fruugo

Address: UK
All products: Visit Fruugo Shop