MSI NVIDIA GTX 970 Gaming Twin Frozr HDMI DVI-I DP Graphics Card (4GB, PCI Express, DDR5, 256 Bit)

£9.9
FREE Shipping

MSI NVIDIA GTX 970 Gaming Twin Frozr HDMI DVI-I DP Graphics Card (4GB, PCI Express, DDR5, 256 Bit)

RRP: £99
Price: £9.9
£9.9 FREE Shipping

In stock

We accept the following payment methods

Description

What's clear is that Nvidia no longer wants to make graphics cards based on its large, expensive GK110 chip - Titan, GTX 780 and 780 Ti are all targeted for termination with the release of GTX 970, which is smaller, cooler, more efficient - and crucially for Nvidia, cheaper to make.

The Asus STRIX remains our favourite GTX 970 card, however, and AMD’s top-end cards are still better value. Meanwhile the memory clock stands at 7GHz, the same as with NVIDIA’s past generation of high-end cards.I bought a disgusting acer prebuilt 😬 only to just fish out the cpu ram and ssd for my existing pc that I built. Gamer Network Limited, Gateway House, 28 The Quadrant, Richmond, Surrey, TW9 1DN, United Kingdom, registered under company number 03882481. The GTX 970 was understood to have three fewer streaming processors than the GTX 980, meaning fewer texture units and a slower core clock speed, but otherwise retain the same 4GB of GDDR5 memory and 2MB of L2 cache for accessing it. We are re-evaluating the GTX 970, but our current findings suggest that at 1080p and 1440p this remains an exceptional product. the 960 isn't a great alternative but since only other one is Intel graphics in the 4690K, I think I would accept it while looking for an expensive replacement.

We may receive commission from Novuna Personal Finance based on an agreed percentage of the amount you borrow. As with the Asus STRIX GTX 970 card above, there’s enough headroom to increase the resolution to 3,840×2,160 in some games, and 2,560×1,440 in others – the MSI card is very slightly slower, but only by a frame or two. That's certainly a big part of the risk, but in absolute performance even aging Maxwell still performs okay — it's actually slightly faster than Nvidia's GTX 1650, for example (not the 1650 Super or 1650 GDDR6, though).Asus has used the extra cooling headroom to overclock the Asus STRIX GTX 970 DirectCU II to 1,203MHz, and increase the boost clock to 1,355MHz. I am thinking of picking up a second one to SLI them so I can go full-bore Ultra, but I probably need to upgrade my processor more. This is the Maxwell-specific technology that allows users to access much higher rendering resolutions for their games, with the GPU downscaling on the fly to the native pixel-count of the display.

In the first case, the GTX 970 faces off against its AMD competition - the Radeon R9 290 and the more expensive version of the Hawaii technology, the R9 290X.UPDATE 23/2/15 9:40am: Nvidia's GeForce GTX 970 is currently the subject of much controversy owing to the firm marketing the card with incorrect specs - a state of affairs that has led to a lawsuit. And after that, the challenge is repeated with a brace of Nvidia challengers - the GTX 780 Ti and the top-end GTX 980. Bought mine some days ago, just got it 2 day, installed it, tried first with 100Mhz extra, as I saw Jay2Cent run it at 1500Mhz without any problems, mine took the 100 while staying at 53c, dropped 50Mhz on top, stayed at 53c, and ran test without any problems, but one thing is benchmark's, another games, will c how it do, so fare no OV or MEM OC.

This means that 16 SMMs are enabled (2048 CUDA cores), as are all 64 ROPs and the full 256-bit memory bus. AIB profits will be hardest hit when the bubble pops, and they'll be the ones dealing with RMAs for years to come.

According to the Steam hardware survey, 95 per cent of PC gamers use this resolution, and we'd be willing to bet that the vast majority of those screens operate at 60Hz. Built on the 28 nm process, and based on the GM204 graphics processor, in its GM204-200-A1 variant, the card supports DirectX 12.

• Fruugo ID: 258392218-563234582
  • EAN: 764486781913
  • Sold by: Fruugo

Delivery & Returns

Fruugo

Address: UK
All products: Visit Fruugo Shop