The Murder After the Night Before: Don’t miss this slick and utterly gripping thriller for 2023!

£4.995
FREE Shipping

The Murder After the Night Before: Don’t miss this slick and utterly gripping thriller for 2023!

RRP: £9.99
Price: £4.995
£4.995 FREE Shipping

In stock

We accept the following payment methods

Description

I’ll start by saying, this one is nothing like her debut - but it was brilliant nonetheless. I think the difference in books, if anything else, just shows what a skilled storyteller Katy Brent is. Determined to find out what happened, Molly begins to explore the same reach that Posey had been following. And eventually, she finds out just how Posey ended up as she did... How to Kill Men was an absolute treat to read, sending out American Psycho and Promising Young Women vibes.’ NetGalley reviewer, ⭐⭐⭐⭐⭐

The Murder After the Night Before by Katy Brent | Goodreads The Murder After the Night Before by Katy Brent | Goodreads

Once again, Katy Brent has shown her immense talent at writing dark humour with a thought-provoking core’ Sarah Clarke, author of A Mother Never Lies I love Brent’s sense of humour and there are so many laugh out loud moments delivered with a punch throughout this dark and at times, disturbing read. The main character, Molly, is put in a very compromising position (no spoilers!) but her sarcasm and sense of humour really helps to lighten what is a dark topic. With The Murder after the Night Before, Brent has done it again, producing another gripping, dark and engaging story. Brent set the standard high with her debut and she hit the ground running with her second novel. Immediately you find yourself in Molly's shoes and experiencing the nightmarish reality she finds herself in. This is a brilliant, funny, heartbreaking story about friendship, grief, lies, and what women face as they navigate an enduringly misogynistic world. Molly is a likeable MC and you do feel for her, especially wrt her feelings over losing her mother early, and her best friend under these circumstances. This book is an easy read dealing with some difficult issues.Plot-wise, this was excellent: a cast of characters who were all distinct and easy to remember, and all suspicious enough to warrant an imaginary question mark over their heads; the murderer could have been any of them. Fast paced throughout, with a very relevant feel to it. The plot showing the impacts and dangers of social media, in the age where going viral can had some serious consequences. From a more personal point of view, I live close to where Molly lived and work close to where she works, so enjoyed reading about London and recognising details. Having said this, I suspect I’d have related to Molly regardless of her location: her insecurities are well portrayed, her life realistic. Her struggles are those likely felt by women everywhere - from more minor everyday sexism to the sort of injustice which costs lives. What follows next is a twisty tale that has Molly put the pieces together to prove to the police that her roommate was murdered.

How to Kill Men and Get Away With It: A deliciously dark

Protagonist Molly wakes up with the hangover from hell. So far, so standard for Molly, who is struggling to navigate her early thirties and endeavoured to make the most of the free drinks at her company Christmas party. But things go from inconvenient to embarrassing to traumatic before Molly’s hangover has subsided, and she’s left trying to salvage her reputation and solve a murder - despite remembering little of the night in question. Once again this book contains some highly entertaining dark and acerbic humour as well as highlighting some very well observed social issues as the narrative progresses. However, those elements are merely very welcome bonuses in this gripping thriller. The story gets off to an intriguing and novel start when central character, Molly, wakes up with the mother of all hangovers following her work Christmas party. But life is about to take an even more unpleasant and discombobulating turn for Molly when she finds out that an explicit video of her has gone viral! Katy Brent knows how to write a story that will keep you entertained. She is fast becoming one of my favourite authors with her dark humour. I loved this book. The characters were realistic and became people that you believed in, that you were rooting for. Katy Brent's second novel is just as good as her debut - 'How to Kill Men and Get Away With It' - if not better.

It's these celebrations that set off a catastrophic chain of events for Molly - she ends up trending on social media due to being caught performing an act outside of a bar on an unidentified man. However, this is just the start of Molly's problems - who is the man that she has woken up to, where is her flatmate and why does the next-door neighbour think she is another slag? Molly Monroe wakes up the morning after her work Christmas party with the hangover to end all hangovers. Her head is pounding, her memory is a blank, and there is a strange man in her bed. And unfortunately, that's just the beginning. Because whatever happened the night before, Molly is now trending on social media and her best friend is dead. Molly must use her journalist skills to discover what happened the night before. And what happened to Posey. I really loved Katy Brent's first book, which I still think is the best in the recently mushrooming "female vigilante story with humour" genre, so I was excited to have the opportunity to read her latest book. And I have to say Brent has followed up an excellent debut novel with an equally good follow up in this, her second book.

• Fruugo ID: 258392218-563234582
  • EAN: 764486781913
  • Sold by: Fruugo

Delivery & Returns

Fruugo

Address: UK
All products: Visit Fruugo Shop