Saucony Men's Hurricane 23 Running Shoe

Saucony Men's Hurricane 23 Running Shoe

RRP: £107.10
Price: £53.55
£53.55 FREE Shipping

In stock

We accept the following payment methods

Description

Both brands have been around for a very long time and are leaders in running shoe design. They both offer various technologies to aid with comfort, support, stability, and cushion.

I personally was so intrigued by those awards that I snagged myself a pair last year and they are nearing the end of their life, but have served me very, very well. Which is why I then upgraded to the newest model to see what might be different. David: The Saucony Hurricane 23 is a premium stability shoe for those looking for a high amount of cushioning, while still maintaining a stable platform to run on. The shoe is a durable workhorse and is definitely one of the top in the class. I might have to coin flip between this shoe and another for my favorite stability training shoe, especially in the high cushioned category. Deeper, extended guidance grooves (and more of them) improve the flexibility and support of the 23’s fully carbon rubber outsole. Lakota Gambill Extra Overlays Up Top, More Rubber Down BelowUnfortunately the newest model also gained a few oz for them to put in more features. So…you’ll have to decide if it still feels as fast. Matt: The Saucony Hurricane 23 has fairly good durability. The upper continues to look brand new after 50 miles and the midsole has the same level of bounce it did on day one. I am seeing a little less than my normal wear on the posterior lateral heel on my left shoe, which tells me for most people, this shoe will last longer than average (300-500 miles). Overall high marks on durability. Because Saucony really shook things up introducing a whole new line of shoes, it feels like there needs to be at least some discussion here! This super cushioned shoe is a favorite for many, though you are getting a touch more weight for all that cushion. Many say that it feels both like your foot is being hugged and like every step is a bit bouncy.

Both the midsole and the outsole work really well together offering a high level of flexibility and deliver a great transition as your foot works its way through the gait cycle. Saucony’s sincere efforts to introduce freshness into its products have paid dividends over the last few years. Overall: B+ (A great choice for someone looking for a lot of stability. It serves its purpose and achieves its goal as advertised)

How Does the Saucony Hurricane 23 Fit?

The heel-to-toe drop is a lot higher than I tend to like, but it’s a very standard traditional running shoe feel. So if you’re looking for that everyday run shoe, which can provide a moderate amount of cushion to go the distance, it’s a win. Saucony has made a splash in the last year with it’s new Endorphin collection. Really standing out as shift in technology and flashier marketing than we’ve seen from the brand, which alerted many runners to a brand they may have overlooked. How do you say Saucony? The RW Takeaway: Built for easy days and long runs, the Hurricane 23 offers overpronators resilient, protective cushioning with a bouncy ride to chase high mileage. This was one of the very FIRST shoe brands that I bought at a running store! I thought it was so incredibly cool my name was on the shoe…ha!!! But yes they were super duper bright white (as you’ll see below). I also bought stability because I was told I needed it…but I’ve beaten this topic, many runners don’t.

David: This shoe is a tank in terms of durability. I have about zero wear on the shoe after wear testing it. The ride is still holding up very well in the midsole and the outsole can probably make through a world war + COVID with ease. This is an easy 10 from me. Some runners have found injury using them and since the shoes wear out faster, you are only doing a few training runs in them prior to race day. But…the data does shoe there are some speed benefits! So it’s really up to you. More About Brooks The breathability of the upper is as good as any other shoe that I’ve worn; on a long hot run, my feet got warm, as you’d expect, but there was only a light amount of sweating, which was great! These two are the most popular neutral running shoes from Saucony. Both have been around for many years and continued to improve. Determining when to replace running shoes, of course, all depends on your gait, weight, and whether you run mostly on trail or road. FitSaucony Tempus is something quite special. There are no other shoes like it. With this shoe, Saucony has really made something out of the fact that runners who need extra stability shouln't have to merely settle for a single type of shoe. The Tempus is the obvious choice for a tempo shoe if you're a runner who needs a little extra stability. I love that they added just a tiny piece of cushion on the heel to help reduce any issues with blisters from these really minimal uppers.

Brooks and Saucony offer similar features and models for all kinds of runners, from the new runner to trail runner to the flat-footed or high-arched. David: The Saucony Hurricane 23 is best at daily and recovery paces. This is not a shoe you are going to be blasting workouts or races in, but if you really have to... the PWRRUN+ midsole still responds pretty well. For me this is my go to easy run shoe at the moment. The weight seems to catch up to me a tiny bit when running longer mileage, but I'm still very happy with it for daily mileage. Along with the Endorphin twins, Saucony has maintained its core assortment that’s comprised of staples like the Ride, Guide, Triumph, and Kinvara.

You’ll notice that every brand offers a range and this is indeed due to a difference in technology and where they sell the shoe. As you can see from the image above, EVERUN is an additional layer of cushioning material that lives close to the foot, providing a more immediate cushioning. According to Saucony it provides an 83% energy return and it does not break down with usage. Running Shoes Buying Guides My legs had been perfectly cushioned all the way around the run, without having the energy sapped out of them (as you would expect from a spongy/sloppy midsole). And neither were my legs beaten and sore as if I had been running with an overly firm shoe. Believe it or not, Brooks started out in 1914 making ballet slippers and bathing shoes. Since then, they have made everything from baseball and football cleats to roller skates.

• Fruugo ID: 258392218-563234582
  • EAN: 764486781913
  • Sold by: Fruugo

Delivery & Returns

Fruugo

Address: UK
All products: Visit Fruugo Shop