PURPLE LEAF 2.7 X 3.65 M Garden Cantilever Parasol, Large Rectangular Overhanging Patio Umbrella with Crank Handle and Tilt for Balcony and Outdoor, Gray

£9.9
FREE Shipping

PURPLE LEAF 2.7 X 3.65 M Garden Cantilever Parasol, Large Rectangular Overhanging Patio Umbrella with Crank Handle and Tilt for Balcony and Outdoor, Gray

RRP: £99
Price: £9.9
£9.9 FREE Shipping

In stock

We accept the following payment methods

Description

My old cantilever umbrella finally had to go to umbrella heaven after 12 years of good service. After a lot of research we chose the Purple Leaf 11 ft double top umbrella. It appeared very well built and sturdy. In fact, this has proven to be the case. The umbrella is solid, but easy to use. I particularly like the 360 degree turn, which is made easy with the hand crank. The umbrella support rods are very strong. While I was moving the umbrella to its final destination I opened it before I had the base secured and it was blown over without any damage to the supports. I secured base with water ballast and added another 200 lbs in steel plates on top of the base to protect against gusting winds (did this with the old umbrella in addition to the sand in the base) You’ll want to look for a model with UV protection, with a rating of at least UPF 30+. Consider a parasol that offers UPF 50+ if you want increased protection for your family . Most parasol canopies are made from heavyweight polyester, and you should aim for a polyester that is minimum 180 g/m ² .

As well as having the same pros as other Purple Leaf cantilever parasols, it also has the same things that might make some people think twice before buying, namely the fact that there is no base included, and that the asking price is already more than double that of the GardenCo, Vounot, Jarden, and Norfolk Leisure products. Pretty easy to use, you don't have to use a lot of force, that's the thing that I like about this umbrella. This is gonna cover my area where we sit, with our furniture. I like it so much. Awesome, good quality." Sometimes, the lights aren’t the problem at all, it’s the quality and stability of the parasol itself. I mean, what’s the point of having decent lights when the parasol is tipped over in a slight breeze and the lights or solar panels end up damaged? DreadTech: "Fantastic umbrella, by the way. I really like the strap here, that keeps it in place. Yesterday we had like very windy night and I was afraid that it was gonna blow away, but that it's still here.

Latest articles

Whether you have a tiny balcony with a small table or a large patio that gets scorched by the midday sun, read on for our best cantilever umbrella recommendations below, followed by expert advice on what to consider before shopping. The Best Cantilever Umbrellas As we said, with the base filed properly, you get a nice, stable, parasol, but there is something that might annoy a few of you. Because of the design, and it is a common one, that allows you to move the canopy throughout the day, the canopy will ‘spin’ in the wind. We found this with more than a few of the products we tested, and it is a small annoyance, but nothing terrible. I would have liked to have seen more than two screws on the mounting as this is effectively when most of the stability comes from, but through our tests, they held up well so I guess I can’t grumble too much. Then again, we haven’t seen how well it handles a sudden storm, and I wouldn’t leave it outside if the weather looks to be changing, just to be on the safe side. Operating the Jarder Libra is fairly simple. The canopy opening and closing is easy to work out and you won’t need instructions (thank God, as they aren’t exactly great!) and changing the angle of the tilt is no problem either. Rotating the canopy on its central axis does take a little more time, as you have to loosen screws, but it only takes minutes with a bit of practice.

The canopy has a cantilevered feature that allows you to change the angles of the umbrella. The effect is that you can adjust it to provide a better shade. The canopy is attached to a base that is either straight or curved. How Cantilever Parasols Differ

Best-Selling Cantilever Parasols in the UK | Comparison Table

Not everyone has hundreds of pounds to spend on a cantilever parasol, and even if they do, it doesn’t mean they want to part ways with that much, especially if they only want something to use every now and again. Both of these things happen because the supporting pole of a standard parasol is located in the middle of it, and as most of these products are meant to be popped through the middle of your table, it’s the table itself that gets most of the protection from the sun. This often leaves the people sitting around said table half shaded and half exposed, often leading to some very funny looking tan lines! Well, funny for other people, anyway. Not so much the victim. Fortunately, the manufacturers have clearly taken the great British weather into account when designing this umbrella as well – made of 220 g polyester it creates decent shade when the sun hits, but is also showerproof for those inevitable cloud bursts. It won’t fade in the sunlight either, which means the contemporary, stylish grey colour remains reliably modern and fresh.

• Fruugo ID: 258392218-563234582
  • EAN: 764486781913
  • Sold by: Fruugo

Delivery & Returns

Fruugo

Address: UK
All products: Visit Fruugo Shop