Freestyle: 1 (Academy of Stardom)

Freestyle: 1 (Academy of Stardom)

RRP: £16.99
Price: £8.495
£8.495 FREE Shipping

In stock

We accept the following payment methods

Description

Together you just know they belong, they suit and they connect like no other. There is no denying that what so ever. Dax..understands Pen in a way that the others don’t as they have had the same upbringing. His protective, and makes her feel SAFE. I’m not lying to you when I say I fell asleep on their last sex scene (when they’re all together). I freaking fell asleep. I wasn’t even tired and I just plop jeje.

Xeno..makes her heart beat erratically, he pushes her buttons and fires her up. They have this intense chemistry that is so hard to deny. I myself am not a dancer in any sense of the word. Like I literally have two left feet which is embarrassing bc am Hispanic and we are known for knowing our way around the dance floor but not dear old me 😒😒 However, this book just made everything flow easiy and it was understandable. Also, the music playlists are 🔥🔥 The narration was good again, nothing different than what we got in the other 3 books of the series. I would definitely re-listen to them in the future, especially when I want to revisit this sensational and comforting world (despite all the tribulations, the families and relationships really seal the deal for me and I can’t not love them all). Narration was 4-4.5 stars with all the emotion, especially the devastation in the beginning of the book and then the tense and scary scenes at the end for everyone.If you love reverse harem, friends to enemies to lovers, dark, and bully romances, then this book is a hundred percent for you. It was me who doesn't like reverse harem but still tried one but ended up failing again. It was me who was frustrated with the main characters because they didn't talk their problems. It was me who wasn't much invested in the story like what I hoped I would be. Every time I thought they were going to sit down and actually talk to each other, they just started dancing. I understand this book is about dance and some things can be communicated through dance but I could have done with a bit less communicating through dance and a bit more communicating through words. Also, if you're someone like me who doesn't really visualize while reading, the dance scenes can be a bit hard to follow and annoying to read. Um... ok, I have a question here... Um... WHAT THE F*** HAS SHE DONE TO BE SO AMAZING? Like... Yeah, she has attitude (or have had) and all, but, like... I know every author has the right to write her RH the way she wants. In some books the men are just okay with sharing a girl with their best friends or brothers because they "feel" is right, because they've done everything together their whole lives, so it just makes sense. And in others books, the men, or at least one of them, has trouble with that.And i get it, i really do, but here i just thought Xeno was an asshole.I mean force the girl to choose one of them and then run off with that guy and never they would be friends again with the rest, it just sounds ridiculous to me.I kept thinking "why are they all just accepting this????" All 4 of these men, (Xeno, Zayn, York, and Dax) are incredibly intriguing! Xeno is the mysterious leader, Zayn gives that safe place vibe, York is the one who will always be there for you, and Dax is the scary looking teddy bear that will burn the city for you! What’s not to like?!

I did generally like the pace of the book. I was never really bored even when I felt the plot was moving in circles. This is an over-the-top story so there is always something to entertain you. I appreciated how central dancing was to the plot. Sometimes those elements in an RH can be pushed to the side so I appreciate that didn't happen here. I also think the author does a good job giving each of the guys a distinct personality and not having one guy dominate the relationship (I do still think their names are a bit silly though). Like all her stories, her titles have meaning. It is no accident that Breakers is the title- this books about the crew identity, about the Breakers family. In dancing, a breaker squad is like one living organism. A bunch of individual dancers with their own strengths and roles who are united by one steady beat, a shared rhythm, and somehow (in good breaking at least) those individuals merge into one, with no one more or less important or more or less central. Moving as one, breathing as one- each dancer an extension of the other. THAT art, well that is what Bea replicates in this story. Lyrical set the stage- it was about an emotional catharsis, about the messy act of reconciliation, a story about the weight of healing. They started to confront their pain, confronting each other. And now, now in Breakers, these characters we love have to figure out what to DO with all those feelings, and how to grow together after so many years of growing apart. About finding the strength in their unity instead of the years of trying to find the strength to recover from their fractures. BREAKERS is about the unit, reforming their family, becoming ONE. Of course, our individual characters still grow, still confront past hurts and current insecurities, but the overarching arc of this story is about becoming the crew- figuratively, of course, but Bea has always so cleverly told their stories in dance. Their progress, their growth can always be tied to their artistic expression, so we also get to see them LITERALLY move as one, too. And it is total magic. In dance, but also in heart, crew that pulses to the same rhythm, the crew that beats as one.Diving in my little millennial heart was 100% ready for a similar vibe to Save the Last Dance or Step Up with the added elements of a RH relationship. On one hand there’s so many amazing parts to this book. Even though I’m not a dancer I enjoyed the story and how dedicated heroine Pen is to living up to her goals. On the other hand there’s a whole lot of annoying drama, man whore and OW messienss, and gang/mafia exploitation. It’s more that I had issue with the stupid manipulations that get the group into the mess that leads to a separation between them all for a few years. Dance is in my blood. It’s what keeps me sane, out of trouble. It used to keep them out of trouble, too - a group of boys I grew up with. Xeno, York, Zayn, and Dax. I really enjoyed Pen as the protagonist. She was really easy to get along with and I just felt like I could read about her life for ages. There were times where I just wanted to give her a hug and then there were other times where I wanted to make her see what was happening. Pen went through a lot before this series even started. And gosh, is it thrown about here. Let me tell you idc if York and Dax don’t happen. They’re together in my mind and they’re bi af. Idc if the author doesn’t explore this between them (I personally feel a connection or maybe it’s just my raging gay ass, who wants more lgbt characters. Who knows?), because in my head Dax's deep throating more than York’s fingers. 😉 If you know, you know. The book was not that bad. Like I liked some parts of it, but it was really cringe. Some parts even made me uncomfortable; an example would be when Dax calls Pen Kid. I actually really like Dax, but every time a sex scene came up and he called her kid, it just, *bad shudders*. Also, he’s only a year older than her, like why?

A highly recommended read to all the Bully Reverse Harem lovers out there!! This is a high school Romance with dark themes that gave me all the damn feels! This series has been on my TBR all year I just never got around to reading it, but here we are starting the series right before the year is about to end 😂

Academy of Stardom

The Breakers are still members of the Skins. Jeb is still their leader. David is still a psychopath, and now there are new enemies to contend with. Freestyle is unlike any book I have ever read before and that cliffhanger at the end is so incredibly brutal, more brutal than I’ve experienced in a long time. My heart feels like it has been literally carved from my chest and I’ve felt every agonising second of that procedure. I couldn’t be more stunned by the events that occured within the last 20%. Singers who featured on the first series of Fame Academy included the show's biggest success story, Lemar, who finished third and then went onto score huge UK chart hits with Dance With U and If There's Any Justice. These boys are there for one and another and Pen is the interloper trying to regain the trust she had with them is hard given that she still hiding her secret and trying to protect everyone . In this seedy world she should be looking out for her own interests but she can't help be drawn in by her guys.

• Fruugo ID: 258392218-563234582
  • EAN: 764486781913
  • Sold by: Fruugo

Delivery & Returns

Fruugo

Address: UK
All products: Visit Fruugo Shop