Can You Catch a Mermaid?

Can You Catch a Mermaid?

RRP: £7.99
Price: £3.995
£3.995 FREE Shipping

In stock

We accept the following payment methods

Description

She smiled, balancing herself on the side of the boat as she stepped into it. “I’ll try my best, doll.” Mark tugged off his shirt and stepped out of his shoes, slowly sinking into the water. “My father used to bring me here when I was younger. He said it was where he saw his first mermaid.” Three fish, Midnight Squid, Spook Fish, and Blobfish, can only be caught in the Submarine, unless the player uses Magic Bait. Additionally, Seaweed, Sea Cucumber, Octopus, and Super Cucumber can be caught here, and there is a rare chance to catch a Pearl. Unlike other Festivals, villagers can be seen deviating from their normal schedules to walk to the beach to attend the Night Market. These villagers cannot be found outside the Night Market during the festival. The lists below show which villagers attend on which days each year.

Mark swatted her hand away, pretending to be annoyed but still he said, as he had every morning for his whole life; “Can you catch a mermaid?” His father would tell him incredible stories about the mermaids he had met, entertaining him all summer long with different encounters. And so they spent that first day walking through the streets of the sleepy fishing town, Mark pointing out who lived where, showing him the school he went to and where he and his friends spent their time. The words and pictures work together because the text links to the picture. For example, when the text talks about the terrible storm they illustrations show the effects of the storm; the swirling and crashing of the waves against the harbour. The texts talks about the seaside, the illustrations clearly show the reader what the text is describing. Take a look in our underwater paradise, full of mermaid maths, art and literacy activities. Alongside brilliant display resources and craft activities, you'll find enhancements for your continuous provisions too. Resources like these Mermaid Role Play Masks support children's imaginative play. They're perfect fuel for their imaginations and help them get into character too.

Amethyst Islehopper

My mother will be worried about me.” He said, looking small as he hunched up, knees pulled into his chest. Can You Catch a Mermaid? -At the beginning the story questions the reader asking them if they have seen a mermaid. Before the story begins it tells the reader about what is going to happen in the book. The story itself could be told as a tale. The images in this book are unusual and beautiful, and this book can be used in many different ways. One of the ways it can be used is in pshe lessons to teach morals. It can also be used in art or in English where the story can be further explored through drawings or stories.

The author uses italics to distinguish between the narrator and Freya’s speech, which is more rhythmic and song-like. Ray also plays with the position of the text to connect it with the pictures. For example, it is swirled in a circle over a picture of a spiralling wave. Would this be a good book to read aloud to the class or would it be good for Shared or guided reading? Make an underwater display for your space. A lovely way to keep your space bright and beautiful, and to show off children's hard work. Children can make their own Split Pin Mermaids and colour and design their own Merfolk too to create a bustling scene.However, when fishing with an Iridium Rod with a Curiosity Lure, chances of catching some of the items increase. Specifically, the chances of catching a Blobfish, Spook Fish, Super Cucumber, or Pearl is increased with the lure. Consequently, the chances of catching the other items decrease.

The table below shows the chance of catching each item while fishing in the submarine normally or with a Curiosity Lure. The text is full of descriptive language to convey the illustrations. The narrative is simple and interesting and therefore children may relate to the story. The text flows well and the text is set out with shapes representing themes in the book such as wave and a whirpool.The 'Red Eagle' painting from Famous Painter Lupini is in the art style of the Native American tribe Hopi. I would use the book with a KS1 class who enjoy fantasy stories. We could use hot-seating or a conscience alley to investigate how Eliza might feel when she hides the mirror from Freya because she wants her to stay. This would start a discussion about friendship issues, the feeling of loneliness because Eliza only has her father and keeping secrets from others. His mother laid a hand over his. “No, Mark. A little selfish, maybe. But I know you’ll do the right thing.” The beautifully drawn pictures are illustrated with deep blues, turquoise and purple, I think they help the reader to understand the key moments in the book and help the reader to visualise what the seaside may be like if they have never been to the seaside before.

• Fruugo ID: 258392218-563234582
  • EAN: 764486781913
  • Sold by: Fruugo

Delivery & Returns

Fruugo

Address: UK
All products: Visit Fruugo Shop